Sports for weight loss

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by devaradhan, Apr 6, 2010.

1. deepamanaval

deepamanaval New IL'ite

Dear Devi,
    Good idea. Where is Dubai Residential Oasis? Is it in Quasis area? Is it going to be a lady trainer? How much do they charge?
    Cheers,
    Deepa

2. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

Dear Deepa

Just happen to read your post
    Dubai residential oasis is in Qusais. they have a health club there called Body and Soul.
    I Have been a member of that club
    They have seprate gym , pool for ladies n gents, personal trainers also available . They even have group classes like aerobics, artistic yoga by bharat thakur , table tennis Etc

There is a promotion going on for 6 month membership priced around 2600 Dhs , where in u get another 6 months free :) till June 30th. For further details you can reach them at 04 258 0303

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Devi

I just saw this thread today only. I am very glad to know that you plan some outdoor games for losing weight. That's wonderful...... but considering the hot and humid weather, will it not be impossible to venture into any games that is tiring and will it burn calories?

You can count me too. I am a resident of Bur Dubai.

BR
    Shanti

4. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Hi shanti,

Welcome to our group....Very glad to have you with us.....yeah...as you said....its too hot now and vacation time is also nearing and our friends must be busy in shopping and excited to fly back home.....

We shall do the following things.....

1. Form a group and take up swimming classes (i think the charges will be less for a group of ladies) in health club.

2. Opt for weekly outdoor activity after september once we're back from vacation, hoping the weather would be better.

3. Take any sports...tennis, basketball wherein you burn more calories.

So....ladies, pls share your suggestion and there should be fixed period for this weightloss programme...that is, we should loose atleast 5 to 8 kgs in six months.
    Once you set a target....and we must stick to it.....discipline is very important in sports....hehhehhhehheeehh....(see who is saying it....)

Cheers!
    Devi.

5. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much simi...and hope this will help us a lot....
    Are you still attending the classes? If so, pls share your experiences with us....
    Cheers!

Devi.

6. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

Hi deepa, yes...it is in ghusais. Our friend simi has given us the details.
    We shall decide on this very soon.
    Cheers!
    Devi.

7. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

Hi Devi

I used to attend the classes till feb end..... last 3 months took a break , so put on loads of weight again :rotfl
    Self realization has finally dawned up on me so again gonna go and get my membership renewed pretty soon :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  8. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Devi

Activities seems pretty workable and Quite agree to have time limit set on the weight loss prog so that one may feel motivated to see the results and with equally charged partners , Its shudnt be difficult to achieve !

Cheers

9. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Thats the Issue Simi , losing wt may no be so difficult as much as maintaining it ! and its important to remain in the rythm , to see the difference !
    Me still struggling with it :(

10. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

Tell me about it Shivani :)
    With so many eating joints around I guess maintaining weight is an issue :bonk
    Good luck dear ...... am sure with so many of us keeping each other motivated we'll surely reach our desired goals :thumbsup