1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritual Media

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Screen time determines how productive our life is nowadays! iPhone provides weekly report about our screen time with a detailed breakdown of how and when we spent time in social media. But it is critical for us to keep track of what we think, what we say and what we act daily to measure how much we transform ourselves into a spiritual being. Unfortunately, most teachings are abstruse as they are written in languages unfamiliar to us and the effect of those invaluable teachings get lost in the translation. Practically we rely on other’s opinion and shape up our lives. Some of the invaluable practical measures can be easily accomplished through simple steps:

1) Facebook – What is a Facebook? It is record of how we build our thoughts, words and actions building a world that we perceive. 100% of one’s character is built through these activities. Instead of looking for maximum number of likes (one should remain demure) one should use these activities for own personality development. The objective is to transform these activities into an ethereal ones and should result in exhilaration as opposed to glamorous exhibition of pomp and show. We need to remember that this Facebook is available in our memories and is reviewed automatically when we encounter the end of life. However, one need not wait for it and can review it as often as possible during one’s lifetime.

2) Google - No research is carried out without a proper investigation and information gathering. When one writes his own Facebook, one might encounter languor and lassitude and may have to refer to how it is being done. It is imperative the scriptures are written with a code for right-living and one can always refer them and if they are difficult to comprehend, one should use a proper Guru who has the ability to pave the road to right-living.

3) Instagram – This is related to Google above. Besides listening and assimilating rich knowledge shared by the Guru, one also need to have a proper method to instantly communicate with the divinity inside of each one of us. This can be done through meditation, prayer, and other methods that would get to the core of each life. Sometimes, revelations happen when one is engrossed into the nature. This communication must be consistent and lyrical straight from the heart and with a faith that would help us to get the answers we are looking for. Instant and direct communication in a way, is a direct perception of the truth and what is revealed is more powerful and makes one effervescent and ebullience.

4) WhatsApp - What is happening inside is as important as what is perceived by us every day. All the information coming from various people around us needs to be reviewed with sincerity and honesty to review what improvement one can make to one’s character. That becomes an input into changing our thoughts, words, and actions and eventually our own character. All feedback from outside world is perception by others and the real feedback comes from the conscience through proper method of introspection. What is happening inside and how one feels is best known only to everyone.

5) Twitter - The mind is filled with constant banter and mostly reflecting the emotions inside of us. There are 3 aspect to everything we encounter in our lives and they are receipt, reaction and response. We can choose what to receive and how to respond through internal control systems. But more importantly, one needs to learn how to control the reactions inside of oneself as most of the time, the mind is engaged in constant chatter. Discriminating them, direct them to where they belong and acting on general well-being of the mind is essential. Mind is the cause of man’s trouble when it is also the solution for the salvation of the man. How we manage these twits determine how we make our life rejuvenated.

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Viswa,
    I do not think social media is meant for self-reflection, so to say. The only purpose it serves, as I see it, is that all is well as long as the friend/acquaintance is live on the media. It may be a good idea to keep posting on Facebook but that only serves self-satisfaction.
    I am tired of good morning/good night messages on WhatsApp and messenger. WhatsApp has become a forwarders' paradise.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

I don't think either. What I meant in my write up is our own Facebook (Character Building), Google (Study of Scriptures), Instagram (Direct communication with the Lord), WhatsApp(Introspection Methods) and Twitter(Watching the banter in the mind). I probably didn't word the thread well to say all I referred to, is our internal spiritual media and not the real social media.

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Very thoughtful and I always like to think about your spiritual threads and thoughts.
    Nice perspective that you take the social medias and transformed into the spiritual medias.
    Every thing is at our Aakaameya karma! How we are dealing with our Sanchitha and prarabhdha!

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nicely done, Viswa. I never thought of our internal spirituality in terms of social media components that are so integral to our external lives. It's also a neat way to talk about the topic with young adults and soon to be adults. I might add some more apps from the phone to the five that you have listed. And some things like the keyboard and mouse that we use.

6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Ha, ha.Thanks. Worth seeing the spiritual alternatives for modern-day popular equivalents.

7. Viswamitra

I am humbled and honored by your kind words especially coming from someone who is multi-talented. When we set our internals in order and develop systems and methods, we begin the process of eliminating our encryption.

vidhyalakshmid and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Thank you for your response and your sincere appreciation. I did share with a few young adults and soon to be adults and they acknowledged this thread as a lesson plan for setting up their lives. It is a great idea to add many more to this list.

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Kudos to your essay, connecting mundane chaotic outside Maya world to superior inner world. Delighted indeed with analogy “media on line” ; and i wished the essay also included the IVTh Estate - The press & the FM Radio.
    A digression as my mind goes to
    Harold Robbins who in one of his novels describe the dedicated radio stations for spreading christianity and offer various spiritual services for those who are shy of visiting for the mass at church. Radio barons were making money from their gullible illiterate spiritual fans in the form of huge donations.

Thanks.

vidhyalakshmid and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Thank you for your feedback to this thread. When you talked about radio frequencies, what came to my mind are the words from Dr. Wyne Dyer, "We need to tune our mind to the frequencies of the divinity and we can hear those wonderful whispers of the divinity that sets the rules of right-living for the entire universe". We need to become like a radio and fine tune our minds to receive those radio frequencies.

I remember the Ham Radio that people used to have and still have and connect with people all over the world. I did further research to find out from where that name "HAM" came from. Here is what I found:

The letter H comes from Heinrich Hertz. The letter A comes from Edwin Armstrong. While the letter M comes from Gugleimo Marconi. According to the findings of our research, HeinrichHertz was the first man to develop the theory of electromagnetic waves. Edwin Armstrong, on the other hand, was the first to successfully invent frequency modulation FM, while Gugleimo Marconi was the first to successfully transmit signals across Atlantic.

We need to add Dr. Wayne Dyer to that list for invention hos the spiritual people can connect themselves to the frequencies of the divinity.

vidhyalakshmid and Thyagarajan like this.