1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritual discipline for children

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Such a beautiful post!

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cutiesri,

Thank you for your kind words.

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    Unlike you other two posts on Chants and best form of worship, I found this article much deeper in thought.

Took me a while and two three reads before I could grasp. Maybe because i am very brain tired after a long day at work. This is the first Monday after the hols that everyone is back and it was a storm.

As Mindi said this is a very good advice and for the youth of today. I am sure many young minds went home knowing more about religion after your speech.

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou Anu dear for your appreciation about me, just read it today only and felt emotional reading your sweet message. Love you. If someone can learn something from me I feel very happy.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear I think we in IL are lucky to have you here. We learn so much from your writings. Those children are also lucky to hear from you. I think every child should read this and follow in their life. Whatever we learn in our young age helps us in life. Its not only our teaching but also with their experience in life children learn. Just teaching noone learns , they should have the interest to learn. You have rightly said just saying prayer is not enough , we have to do good to others. Some children from young age only try to follow what you have written .

You have to grow from the inside out. Noone can teach you.none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul- Swami Vivekananda

2 people like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Kamala,

Thank you for your response. I am glad you found something substantive in this post when compared to the other two regarding chants and best form of worship. Most of the time, when I read what I wrote, it was not making any sense. I am not yet good in expressing my thoughts clearly nor I am strong in language skills. I keep writing as I believe writing more helps you develop both of them. The bottom line, you are not alone in finding it hard to grasp.

Every time I read your posts, it excites me a lot as you are so crystal clear in expressing your thoughts. I have the same feeling when I read Ansuya's post as well as many other writers in this forum. I am learning so much from each one of you.

Hopefully, those children got something out of my speech that is worth practicing.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

I am humbled by your words and mostly that is coming out of love for this younger brother. You really amaze me like M.S.Sunitha by getting the apt quote every time I write something. You make me feel good that I wrote something right.

Children these days are extremely smart and are perfectly capable of applying a lot of energy in their thoughts, words and actions. If they are channelized into positive actions, the world will be a better place to live. This is not what I thought through but my Guru taught me that. Children are the future of this world and working with them to make the difference is really a wonderful feeling. I admire everyone who work with children in some form or the other on a regular basis and I have so much respect for those people.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra, thank you for writing this. This was the first one that I read today morning and it makes me happy. Im sure that my day will go well today :) Dear IL'ites, do have a read at some very interesting pointers that Viswamitra has shared with us about how to spiritually disciplining our children. For viewership by a larger audience, I have it as a content feature here.

9. Viswamitra

Dear Aditi,

Thank you for featuring the content of this post to get better audience.

Viswa