1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Spider man or Batman: That is the Question!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by rhealyn, Feb 17, 2010.

1. rhealyn

rhealyn New IL'ite

[justify][justify]In preschool, the students decorated their own bags, which were then required to use for transporting their belongings to and from school. My son designed his backpack with spider man cobwebs with matching “Spidey” disgruntled face. Obviously, like other little boy, my Tommy is a huge fan of Spiderman and other comic heroes.

Lately, my 5-year old son was expressing a bit of apprehension about starting kindergarten this fall. In preparation for the coming kindergarten class, I bought my son to the local department store to buy a brand new backpack and ]lunch bag. My boy selected the spider man designed backpack and lunch bag. This was never been a surprise since he adore Spider Man very much.

All of a sudden, as we approach the counter to pay for our items, his tune changed. He insisted to change “Spidey” backpack to a much cooler Batman backpacks. I still didn’t understand for the sudden shift of icon and favorites. He explained that “Spidey” is for little boys only and since he will be in kindergarten soon and a big boy, he thinks Batman would be appropriate. (Where that idea came from?)

I would never want to spend another minutes finding Batman backpack and another extra minute waiting for our turn in the counter to pay for his school items. But my son was very persistence and I could not afford to break his heart. So we retrace our path to backpack section and locate the cause of delay, The Batman!

Little children today seem to have all the right to change their minds and the parents always been the considerate one. lol

The issue of preference of who is more powerful and stronger: Is it Batman or Spiderman? , however, is still a big puzzle to me. :idontgetit:[/justify]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi...
    Thats somethings kids only can visualise