Special/Treasured Moments

Discussion in 'KualaLumpur' started by parasmanic, Oct 22, 2010.

1. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hey....

We all have wonderful families.....excellent parents who have groomed us to beleive that the world is a wonderful place.....they have given us genes that r responsible for our good health n also taught us to pray to God ....which in turn has given us all a marvellous family.

According to me all one needs is parents blessing, health & the rest follows....There must have been several incidents in each one of our lives which we must share .....it will be gud to know each others experiences.

Mine:
    When i reached my classroom (gr 5) i realsied my math book in which i had done my homework last night was missin, n we were told that it was the last day of submission as we used to be alloted some 5 marks for our work in books ( incl neatness,accuracy n timely submission)...I did nto know what to do n felt so lost .....my house was far from school, it took the school bus some 40 min to get us to school from home....well i had no choice but to think of saying sorry to the teacher....

I was thinking that this time im gonna miss my rank for these 5 marks.....n guess what I see my mother standing outside the class with my math book in her hand......My mom was a homemaker n was not the one to be venturing out often....she was new to Mumbai moved there only after marriage.....so it was the last thing i expected.....I really started crying as i embraced her n said thank u mom ....how in the world did u think i needed this so bad, she did not utter a word just smiled n left.....

When i reached home i still had this question in mind .....n when i asked again she said "i just knew u needed it"

Mothers are the best thing in this world.......thank God a lot for being with us in their form....

Sonu

2. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Another One:

Changing school is one of the most stressful activity for a child esp when u r in Gr 7 ......we moved house n so was left with no choice but to change school.....by the time we were settling down in the new house which was a new experience to all of us (never moved before) we realised that other houses were busy in their routines....our challenges were entirely ours like getting the interiors done, phone connection,cooking gas transfer, etc etc....

Similarly in school...all others had propably known each other for more than 10 yrs now n i was the new girl....so it was equally tough for them to accept a stranger as it was for me to barge in n say "hello"....Being the shy girl that i was in school it was tough to approach the new classmates n teachers alike....Nevertheless after 2 days i gathered some courage n went up to 2 lovely looking girls n said hello....they said hello back n got back to their talk...nothing else....phew what do i do next was my question....how do i get them talking??

Every day i would go to school hopeful of making new friends but no luck till 2 weeks the guy sitting next to me was so busy playing pranks with his types that he did not even notice there was a new admission n might need help settling in....there was no buddy system then to have a friend show u around the school n make u comfortable....was getting used to the new timetable, new teachers n new house....n the old me wanted to run back to the old apartment with old friends the old school where i had lived since birth...... had so many friends knew the shopkeepers, the veggie vendors....jsut about everyone...the mango trees we had planted were bearing fruit but we were not around to climb n eat them :(

Just when i was about to give hope, i was told to accompany a friend for birthday sweets distribution to other class ....after we finished n were about to retun back i heard someone call my name, it was someone i had never seen before .....she came up to me n said "hello im Kalyani, a new admission in the next class - i notice u come out of the bus n walk alone to class r u new as well?"....I cant describe how happy i felt in my heart after 2 weeks of loneliness n no conversation in school finally there was hope....

She offered that we meet every break n have our tiffins together......n our friendship blossomed from that day onwards n lasted a good 8 yrs....She was the best friend I had n never had to look for anyone else ever....Sometimes marriage n family commitments change our priorities but Im sure even if I meet her today .......(no clue where she is as of now, she is not a tech loving person i Know so not on FB,twitter or orkut) we will not feel that there was this big gap we will begin from where we left......

I miss u terribly Kalyani ....n u r happiness is all i want, u r always in my heart no matter where u are....

Friends are the best relations u choose for urself....no better God's gift than a loving friend

3. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Sonu,

((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

Love you!

Reading the first post made me miss my mom terribly.

After reading the second post you made me miss my friends in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> more!

Truly speaking, I am sort of going thru the same thing nowdays .... just looking forward for a friend to confide with ... to speak with ... no more chatting on net ... but to talk/gossip/cry/laugh endlessly. My hubby is best friend for me... however i want to open my oyster and not only mine but i want my introvert hubby to open up and interact too. I firmly hope and believe that my wish would be grated soon.

Nevertheless.... here it goes for me...this is sort of my mother's guidance with which i want to raise my kids too.

While i was in 8th standard/grade i was very poor in maths...and my mom was superb in maths. So, bec' i would never meet her expectations in getting good marks in maths subject....i used to feel bad and scared while telling her marks. Once, some unit test results came and teacher gave the results on Friday ... saturday was by chance a holiday... so in order to not to spoil my mother's mood on weekend i didn;t tell her marks. Just a chance that one my class mate who always used to get less marks than me got more marks in maths that time. His mother was my mother's very good friend and our neighbors. That aunty always compared me and his son and would feel sort of bad when i would get better marks than his son. However this time she was happy as her son got better marks than me. So out of excitement on friday night after dinner she came to our home and started chit-chatting with my mom.... and then she asked if my mom seen my maths test copy. I was standing near by and i was stunned bec' i didnt tell my mom that i have got the test copy. On this my mom simply told aunty in normal tone that she is been busy the whole day and has not got time to see the test-copy.

After aunty left....my mom called me and said just one simple thing - never do anything in your life for which i get to know from others. Even if u get fail or whatever i must be first person to know.

I imbibe this guidance like a thumb-rule of my life and from that day on i didn;t hide anything from my mom... infact she is best friend whom i tell everything and anything under the sun.

Love,
    Maneka

4. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Something similar:

When i was in gr4 i was excellent in atheletics esp running, but unfortunately when i was running in the house once i fell down n hurt my chin needed stitches, then again in a race since i was coming first a girl in the next lane purposely put her feet n made me tumble not realising i wud heart my chin n again....lo behold stitches....this time the doc warned my mom he said its on the chin not visibile but the area has become sensitive n the stitches r not too far frm each other so u have to be very careful else we might have to do grafting next time if this occurs.....considering the cost involved those days n also the traume i wud have to go thru my mom said strictly no more sports for u.....

My heart would tear every year when the finalist list would be announced n i wud cry alone when the winners wud be declared.....neway in gr 7 i cud not control myself there was inter school sports n we had to register, i promised god i will lie just this one time n try to do my best n then will never ever go against my mom .....when we went to the ground i had cold feet million times the thought came in my mind uff im lying to my mum n doing this nonsense n if i hurt myself i will not know how to apologise to her.....but i wanted to do this so bad just for myself .....just this last time.....

I won a gold medal n also a certificate in 400 mtr also bronze in relay n silver in high jump....when i reached home with dirty clothes my mom said whatever happened????:rantshe was angry at the prospect of finishing one bleach bottle for white PE clothes.....when she served lunch i cud not eat...i just got up n hugged my mum n started crying bitterly, she just kissed me n said what is it ? i went n got the certificates n handed them to her along with the medals....she was stunned.....I had never in my life gone against her, actually even now she tells the whole world....just chosing her life partner is the one thing she has done against my wishes, nevertheless coming back to the situation....she initially had a frown which eventually turned into a grin n then into a smile.....she said im sure it must have taken u a lot of courage to do this without informing me, n u crying after winning just proves it....Im happy for ur victory n glad u did it else i wud have robbed u of this opportunity only for my own fear....

This is the only lie i ever told my mommy....her encourgament meant the world to me.....n Im all i am because she is my idol....

Sonu

5. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hey Maneka,

True friends are like gems ......rare to find n its value is known only in their absence, dont loose heart u will find a confidante...friend ....soul buddy soon...n ur hubby will also change give time ...time...i say this to myself whenever im down....Give time time.....things will happen if not just now then its not the right time for it....

When i was married 12 yrs ago my hubby was a over possesive person by nature he is a scorpio in sun sign n a tru one at that, my dad is also a scorpio n i always promised myself i will never marry a scorpio but i guess destiny had it this way....it took him almost 3 yrs to change completly n now he is a very different person....Men have thier own ego to fight nothing else n if we can understand what their insecurities are n assure them in the way they need to be then there is nothing else needed....

Actually a lot is written about women issues, trauma, struggle but men nowadays are gud boys unlike our grandads or dad that never helped our grandmom or moms....now men even help in cooking n handling babies when they r home on weekends.....so we must understand their stress also n be a bit patient .....how long u have to be patient just depends on how much u both communicate......there is no one single key to successful marriage but communication does play a very important role.....my views entirely....:bonk

Sonu

6. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

This one is about my Son:

We were extremely happy in India ....family n friends ....own apartment .....new car....suddenly my hubby was told u have been transfered to Dubai, n the time to move is 15 days we had so many things to do before we left n so lil time.....

Neways when we came to Dubai all gloss n rosy ....we moved in a serviced apartment ....housekeeping taken care of....huge house but no friends no family.....the first few days were nice as we were going to places n weekends came soooo soon (sun to thurs is work days) so it never occured that we are lonely....n my hubby was on a project so he was informed earlier that his job would involve travel....to the extent of what was not told...

To our surprise ....on the 6th day he left us to US for 2 n half months....new country ....n just me n son of 5 yrs.....nonetheless time passed by as my son had begun school....when he returned we thought we will catch up but again after 15 days left for US for 2 months....now i was feeling so bored after son left for school since housekeeping was taken care of (vaccuming, toilet cleaning , dish washing, dusting, making beds) that i had to spend only 1 hr in the kitchen twice to cook for myself n son....a few days it was even less when it was pasta or pizza:) i thought lets look out for a job as i was working in india ....

Neway i saw the job market was lousy most indian were paid pennies as compared to salary standards of india also...again the thought of being alone was killing....how much T.V can one watch esp a person like me....who is so not into it....so i went for an interview a job in the Bank....in the elevator i met a british lady who asked me to see her after i finished with my bank interview, when i went to see her i was surprised as she offered me a consultants job....in her office which was 10 min walk from home for double the salary(five figures which is extremely handsome) whereas i had to join the branch which was 25 min travel by bus.....thank god is what i said n accepted the offer.

After joining i realised that this was a relatively new company in dubai so there was a lot of work in terms of establishing....but thankfully i had comfortable work hrs n wud come home for lunch when my son wud b back from school....he was taking it fairly by telling me subtly before going to sleep.....mom when is dad going to b back home?....why r u working? etc..

My hubby had to travel to 50 countries in a span of 3 yrs so his time for family was really minimal sometimes he would come in the morning at 4 a.m n fly back at 4 p.m....n i was doing my bit by giving him utmost time after coming back from work....i had heard its quality time that matters n not quatity .....In india he used to be with my parents so he never felt lonely as he n my mom share a special bond....

One day when i was reading out his night fable for him suddenly my landline was ringing.....who could it be at this hour.....:bonkI answered the phone n it was my son's KG teacher....she said to me very politely can i have ur 10 mins .....i thought my son had done somethings as a boy's mom when the teacher calls u this is the first thing that strikes u:bonk....She said Im a mom of 2 Kids both boys one teen n one 8 yrs old n have been working since they were young as i needed the money.....I understand that ur carrier is important n that its very lonely n boring at home.....but do u really need the job so bad?..........I was speechless as this conversation was making no sense to me.....I said "why mam?" n she said when ur son joined our school we had seen a very bright child full of energy n enthusiasm....he was the one to participate in all activities....we were so happy to have him in the class but lately he comes to school n just sits in one corner....he hardly raises his hand to answer....when we ask him something he just replies n sits down....the bubbly boy is lost somewhere....he is just not him....so i asked him yesterday is anything troubling you son...n he said no nothing mam....on probing further he said my dad is not around as he has to travel for work....but i hate it most when i see the aunty n not my mum when i go back home....So she said please dont take it as an invasion to ur private life Im just calling to offer that instead of him coming home whilst u have to work can i take him home so he can have fun playing in my house ...u just arrange for transport from my house to urs when u r back...my son's would love to have him around...I said "Thank you mam" n hung up

In the meantime my son slept on my lap....I was in tears by the time the conversation had ended n had no words to take it further so just said thanks abruptly....but i started to analyse the world from the eyes of my lil boy.....he was missing his dad n suddenly felt that mommy left him too...when he was boarding the school bus i kissed him as usual n had moist eyes....he said mom i promise i will finish my milk after i come back....I went to work n met the lady who was the CEO (was a mom of 8 month old daughter but had a house husband) that i wud liek to quit.....n she was surprised she said is it money....coz we can offer u a raise u r doing gr8 here....I said no everytime in life everything is not all about money....I just need my time with my son.... n she understood as she was a mum too....I think if i give him a lot of quatity .....some quality will definetly be there.....n that is all he needs now "My time .........n all of it"

All the colleagues came up to me while i was clearing my desk to say they will miss me .....but i was only thinking about how my son will feel when i pick him up after school....I managed to make it before his school bus arrived....n my maid was also there i told her go upstairs ill get him.....When my son got down from the bus n saw me he was "happy" n ran to my arms n said mommy thank you for coming early....i will finish my milk as soon as we get home.....When we reached home i broke the news that i will always be home now n he was so excited that he sang n danced n we tickled n laughed n were so exhausted by the time it was night....

Next morning i felt a bit of empty after he left from school but then i thought of my mum who was a national level sportswoman played with the likes of kirmani in cricket .....her sport was volleyball n she had her name in so many newspapers all cut out n saved.......so many medals, sheilds , cups....gold n silver n bronze....and one offer letter from Indian Railways (she had to represent the Railways in Volleyball) ...which she would remove in every diwali during house cleaning n say to me n my sis.....I could have been making a lot of money in govt job with a lot of perks ....but then wud have lost on my time with my angels who will eventually anyway leave home for making a better home....Im glad i made a choice to spend my fun times with u girls....I aint giving up anything as compared to what she did....Im glad i made that choice my son was back to what he was ....n he got a scholar badge that year....best student of the year along with a gold medal in cricket.

Thank you "Vijaya Mam"....u were a blessing to our family.

Sonu

7. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

My pet dog Rambo

One day papa came back from work with a huge brown envelope.....he called mom n said look i have something special for u.....knowing that my mom was from a house (bungalow) kinda living he knew she had a hobby of keeping pets....also since we were small kids he did not want to burden her with additional responsibility earlier.....but now i was in gr7 n sis in gr5 n we both were independant in terms of our chores....so he thought now was the time...........so lo behold mom opens the envelope which is actually wriggling in her hands n she screamed with joy WOOOOOOWWWW a puppy:)

Me n sis looked at each other as if we lost our mom to some strange black thingi in a second......but when it came closer we could not help but hold him in our arms.....a black doberman ....the first baby of the first time of a well bred, competitions winning - "Rosamunda" - his mum's name....so dad decided to name him RAMBO.

The first few weeks were a bit of an adjustmentfor him nibbling on our slipers, the rug, the doormats....but then mom was an excellent trainer having had a couple of them befroe marriage & in a week he was the most obedient dog:bowdown When it would be time for us to come back from school he would wait near the door n mom identified our arrival less by the doorbell n more by his squeaks n loud barks later.

We celebrated his birthdays for all 11 years .....at times better than ours:rantalso he was a part of all the celebrations holi, deepawali, n most of all raksha bandhan....we wud tell mom he is our brother we are tying rakhi on his leash now pls give us CASH :rotfl

Neways....all the years of glory n fun passed by quickly but the one month was difficult to pass when he suffered from distemper....suddenly he had to be taken to the SPCA hospital which was in town n an hour from my residence ....all the 15 days i was there morning till evening waiting for him to recover when suddenly it was announced that he has jaundice....n there was no chance of recovery as due to jaundice the distemper has relapsed.....all the doctors gave up....they said there is no hope but i continued to visit the hospital even though it meant missing out on college n took care of him.....i was the only owner there from dawn to dusk all other dogs had never had a visitor except on their death or on a sunday when some of the drivers would come to check how the dogs were doing....most of the owners gave up hope the moment they heard the word " distemper"....

On his birthday May 11, he was really just recovering n i went n requested the doc please can i take him home its his birthday, he said well there are dim chances of survival so u can if u wish.....i took him home n the moment he reached back he was so happy that recovery was fastest, he was fine in a week n lived for 3 more years n when we called to inform the doctors that he was fine n perfect they were all saying its a miracle, we were hoping u would be calling to ask for an ambulance in less than 2 days.

There are so many memories our family has about him difficult to pen them down all at once, we 4 could not attend any family weddings or functions together for all the 11 years we had him as one of the members had to stay back at times it was dad at times it was mom, all said and done there were no regrets of it, all the days with him are very fondly remembered by all of us even today........we miss you Rambo....you were a noble soul:)

:coffee
    Sonu