Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. epics

epics Senior IL'ite

Re: Sloka to get married and for safe and easy delivery

How do you pronounce 'vnagha' first word of third line of this sloga? Will you be able to post the word in sanskrit or hindi font?

Thanks in advance

2. tripuradasan

tripuradasan New IL'ite

Re: Seven Deities-Seven Shlokas-Seven Days

Let me introduce myself as an old Shakti Upaasakaa! Today during my meditation I was directed by Goddess to this thread asking me to correct some mistakes in this post as the mistakes were grave in nature. Ambaal told "My Dear Child has been doing a wonderful service but this mistake has crept; so you go and correct it." I initially thought it was a hallucination (chiita Brahma of an old man!); but the vision was continuous and so I checked this thread; I registered myself today and am sending the correction.

The erraneous line: "கழுபிணி யகலாத உடலும்" It means "a body that never parts from disease!" Actually, it should read as "Kazhupinni illaatha udalum" which means "a body that does not have any disease". This is what we are praying to Amma Abhiraami.

Again there is another errror: "தடைகள் வாராத தொடையும்" which gives the meaning "a thigh that does not encounter any obstacle!" actually it should read as "tadaigal vaaraatha kodaiyum" means "ability to indulge in charity without obstacles!"

Otherwise, the other lines are correct. As I am an old upaasakaa, I may not be able to devote much time to your thread (I am keeping myself incognito).

I am a withering tree; but you young upaasakaas should interact with each other and spread Mother's Word.

Ambaal is very happy with you my child.....That is why SHE has taken the pain to alert me regarding this error which could actually give "wrong results". Please do not feel bad about it. It is all Her Game.

Blessings.
    Tripuradasan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sir,
    Thanks for alerting me. I will do the corrections at my earlest.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

4. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

5. Chitvish

Dear Bhooma,
    Garbarakshambika stotram is already posted. Please refer to the shloka index (below my signature) in detail.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  6. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi all,

if naybody wants the garbha rakshambigai amman slogam(for normal delivery and other thuthi paadal for reciting through out the pregnancy) i can send it. PM your mail id to me. i have it in tamil.

7. tripuradasan

tripuradasan New IL'ite

Attached Files:

8. tripuradasan

tripuradasan New IL'ite

Re: Shlokas for Sri Prathyangira

Dear shrimati. Chitra Vishwanathan:

A small correction in this slokha.....instead of "bruhatkande" it should be "bruhatskandae"....Bruhasthskandae means one with mighty shoulders - an allusion to Her Great Powers and Strength.

Again, in the Pratiyangira Gayathri, it should be "tanno Ugraa pracchodyaat" - i.e. the word "ugra" should end with long vowel as "ugraa". Ending with long vowels indicate Feminine Deities in Sanskrit mantras. "Ugra" is the term usually reserved for Shri Narasimha though it is also used for Shri Bhairava, Sri Sarabeshwara, and Shri Veerabhadra in certain occasions (based on context). "Ugraa" stands for Bhadrakaali/ chaamundi. Pratiyangiraa Devi is Atharvana Bhadrakaali and hence the term "Ugraa" is the correct form in Her Gayathri.

Let me again congratulate you on the wonderful service you have been doing in this forum. My correction is only the work of a squirrel - filling in the small gaps with "tiny" stones as per my capacity in my old age!

Blessings.

9. tripuradasan

tripuradasan New IL'ite

Re: Special slokas

A SMALL CORRECTION:
    In the mantra "sthuthaasi thwam".....the word "Vikaththena" is wrong. Actually it should be "Vis(h)uddaena Antharaathmanaa" meaning with a pure Heart.

Loosely translated, it means "Oh Mahaadevi! Thou who art worthy of being praised with a pure inner heart! Grant me success everyday in all ventures as your benediction."

It is a powerful slokham.

Blessings to everyone.
    Tripuradasan.

10. Chitvish

Hello Thripuradasan Sir,
    All the corrections have been made, as per your interpretation of the right meanings.
    Regards,
    Chithra.