Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Re: Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam

Hi,
    Chithra Ma'am is posting Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam in Tamil font in a separate thread. Please go through the same and continue with her.
    She is doing a great job and guiding us in not only LS, but also in various other spiritual (& culinary) mattersi.

Regards
    Pavithra

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Prayers for Remembrance power and concentration

Dear Raji

Given below is the prayer for studies

Gyanananda Mayam Devam
    Nirmala Spatika Krithim
    Aadharam Sarva Vidyanaam
    Sree Hayagrivam Upasmahe

The one who is responsible for Knowlege, Happiness, one who is responsible for all main things I do namaskar to Sri Hayagrivam.

For remembrance

Guruve Sarvalokanaam
    Bishaje Bavaroginaam
    Nidhaye Sarva Vidyanam
    Sri Dakshinamurthiye Namaha

The one who is Guru for the world
    The one who removes our sorrows
    The one who is responsible for all vidyas
    I do namaskar do Lord Dakshinamurthy

Hope this will be useful to u

Love
    viji

3. subashinib

subashinib Senior IL'ite

Re: Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam

Hi,

Thank u so much for you response.
    Will grasp it soon :2thumbsup:

Cheers

4. sandhyavr

sandhyavr New IL'ite

dear chitra,
    my name is sandhya and i looked at the shlokas which you put in here and was very excited. today in am in big trouble as my son who is 5 is very ill and i am very depressed. i want a shloka which will be good for my son and helps him overcome his illness.
    regards
    sandhya

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sandhya,
    Please chant
    To bring down high fever
    When ill-health & sickness strike you
    lease go through the shloka index in detail & select the relevant shlokas.
    My prayers for your son to get back to normalcy.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. sandhyavr

sandhyavr New IL'ite

thank you very much chitra for you quick reply. and also thanks for remembering my child in your prayers. i cannot tell you how sad i am so thanks once again for giving me the correct prayers which are so poweful.
    thanks
    sandhya

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Apad Uddharana Stotram

Dear all,

I am posting the Apad Uddharana Stotram, with translation below. It has been of great help to me during times of distress.
    OM Aapadaam apaharthaaram dhataaram sarva sampadaam lokabhiraamam Sri Raamam bhuyo bhuyo namaamyaham
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>OM</st1:place> I bow down again and again to that Sri Raama, the beloved of the whole world, who gets rid of all difficulties and accidents, and provides for all kinds of (spiritual and material) riches.
    Aarthaanaam aarthihanthaaram bheethaanam bheethi naashanam Dwishadaam kaladandam tam Raamachandram namaamyaham
    He who annihilates the pain of the distressed, He who destroys fear in the minds of the fearful, He who is like the Weapon of Death to his enemies, that Raamachandra do I worship.
    Agrathah prishtatha chaiva paarshwathascha mahabaloh aakarna poorna dhanvaanoh rakshaithaam raamalakshmanau
    Those two warriors of supreme strength, Raama and Lakshmana stand with me, before and behind, always close by, armed to the ears with weapons like bow etc, they always protect me.
    Sannaddhah kavachih khadgi chaapabaanadharor yuvah gacchan mamaagratho nithyam raamah paathu salakshmanah
    Ever ready for providing protection, wearing armour, wielding the sword, bow and arrows, those two vibrant youth always walk with me. O Raama and Lakshmana, protect me!
    Namah kodandahasthaaya sandhih krithasaraaya cha dandithaakhila daityaaya raama aapannivarane
    I bow down to the bow-wielding Raama, armed with incisive arrows, the subduer of all asuras, he who wards off all my difficulties
    Raamaya raamabhadraaya raamachandraya vedhase raghunaathaya naathaya seethaayah pathaye namah
    I bow down to him whom I know as Raama, Raamabhadra, Raamachandra, Raghunaatha, Naatha (my overlord) and husband of Seetha.
    Achyuthaananda govinda naamochaarana bheshajaath nashyanthi sakalaa rogaah sathyam sathyam vadaamyaham
    Chanting the divine healing names achyutha, Anantha and Govinda, all diseases will be destroyed, this I proclaim as the Truth, the Truth indeed.
    Achyuthaananda govinda vishno naraayanaamrutha rogaanme naashayaasheshaan aashu dhanvanthare hare
    O Achyutha, O Anantha, O Govinda, O Vishnu, O Naarayana, O Dhanvantari, O Hari, O divine nectar, be pleased to cure all my diseases, completely.
    Achyuthaananda govinda vishno dhanvanthare hare Vaasudevaakhilaanas ya rogaan naashaya naashaya
    O Achyutha, O Anantha, O Govinda, O Vishnu, O Dhanvantari, O Hari, O Vaasudeva, be pleased to cure the diseases of All living beings.
    Achyuthaananda govinda sacchidaananda saaswathah macchetho Raamathaan nithyam twachcharu charanaambuje
    O Achyutha, O Anantha, O Govinda, O embodiment of Truth, Consciousness and Bliss, O Life Eternal, be pleased to bless me that my heart always rejoices in your beautiful lotus feet
    Hare raama hare raama raama raama hare hare hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare
    Jale vishnuh sthale vishnuh vishnuraakashamuchy athe sthaavaram jangamam vishnuh sarvam vishnumayam jagat
    All water is Vishnu, All earth is Vishnu, All space is Vishnu himself, Whatever exists, mobile or immobile, is Vishnu himself, the whole Universe is pervaded by Vishnu
    Sarvadharmaan parityajya maamekam saranam vraja aham tvaam sarvapaapebhyo mokshayishyaami ma suchah
    Giving up all other Dharmas, I completely surrender to <st1:place>Krishna</st1:place> alone, He will uplift me from all sin, so I do not despair
    Sathyam sathyam punah sathyam utkshipya bhujam uchyathe vedaah saastram param naasthi na devam keshavaat param
    This is Truth, this is only the Truth, holding both hands aloft I repeat this Truth Aloud, aside from the Vedas, there is no other scripture, There is no other God, apart from Keshava
    Sareere jarjaree bhoothe vyaadhigraste kalevare aushadham jahnavee thoyam, vaidyo Naarayano Harih
    When all vital life forces leave the body, when the whole being is seized by incurable diseases, what medicine is there, than river Ganga, who else but God Naarayana, Hari, would come to me as physician
    Aalodya sarvashaastraani vichaarya cha punah punah idhamekam sunishpannam dhyeyo Naarayano Harih
    After pondering over all scriptures, and after contemplating over them again and again, only one thing strikes absolutely clear, that God Naarayana, Hari is to be contemplated always
    Kaayena vaachaa manasendriyair vaa buddhyatmana vaa prakritheh swabhaavaat karomi yad yad sakalam parasmai Naarayanaayethi samarpayaami
    Whatever I do with my limbs, words, thoughts, intellect, will, nature or inclination, all that, and whatever else I do, I offer to Naarayana, Who is Supreme above all
    Yadakshara padabhrashtam maatraaheenam tu yadbhavet tathsarvam kshamyathaam deva naaraayana namostute
    Any mistakes of whatever sort, in what I have hitherto said, for them all, I pray to God Naarayana, seeking his forgiveness
    Visargabindumaathra ani padapaadaaksharaani cha nyoonaani chaathirikthaani kshamasva purushotthama
    O Supreme Purusha, for all kinds of errors and mistakes, kindly forgive me.
    Anyathaa saranam naasthi tvameva saranam mama tasmaath kaarunya bhaavena raksha raksha mahaprabho
    I have no one in this world but you, you are my sole support. Hence protect me, protect me, O Supreme Lord, ever with a compassionate aspect.
    OM Tat Sat. Hari hi <st1:place>OM.</st1:place>
    <st1:place></st1:place>
    <st1:place>brought to u by sunkan</st1:place>

8. sarasprabhu

sarasprabhu Silver IL'ite

Sri Ganapathy Shodasa nama stothram

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Sumukhaschaikadanthascha, Kapilo Gaja Karnika,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Lambhodarascha Vikato Vignarajo Vinayaka. 1[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Dhoomakethurganadhyaksha Phalachandro Gajanana,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Vakra Thunda Soorpakarno Herambha Skanda poorvaja. 2[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Shodasaithani namani ya padeth srunuyadhapi,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Vidhyarambhe vivahe cha pravese, nirgame thadha,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Sangrame sarvakarye cha vigna sthasya na jayathe. 3[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]One who reads, hears are remembers these sixteen names,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]During the commencement of education,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]During the marriage ceremony,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]During the commencement or coming back from a journey,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]During war or for that matter during any matter,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Will not face any difficulties and will attain victory.[[/FONT]

September 10th my fathers birthday .Iam posting this on his 60th birthday.Please wish him longevity and prosperity.Hope it reaches 108 people.Thanks all

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Sri Ganapathy Shodasa nama stothram

Hi Saras,
    Thanks for the sloka.
    We all wish your dad with longevity and prosperity.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAS' DAD'
    We also seek blessings from him on his 60th birthday.
    Sriniketan

10. epics

epics Senior IL'ite

Re: Sri Ganapathy Shodasa nama stothram

Happy B'Day :clapto Sarasprabhu's DAD... :goodidea: to celebrate B'Day of Ur Dad