Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Three Kavachams - Ganesha, Thripurasundari & Devi

Dear Gayathri,
    Thankyou for the F B.
    They are rare & not available except in very old time books. Hence I posted them, since I chant them regularly !:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  2. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Re: Daily Gita - 43 Important Lines from Gita to be remembered

Important lines from Gita both in English and Tamil - what a spiritual treat it is...! You are a Karma yogi - such a tireless worker. Your energy and work is an inspiration as I have told many a times in the past..

I will save it and keep it in eye's reach...

When I was in college, I tried to memorize Karma yoga( chapter 3 ). Whenver I was depressed or feeling low about something, I always used to remember the sloka 'Mayi Sarvani Karmani Sanyasyadhyatma Chetasa. NirashirNirmamo Bhootva Yudhyasva vigathajvaraha'. It has always helped me not to repent things that are out of my control. I am thrilled to see it as an important line from Gita( line 12 )

-Gayathri.

3. Chitvish

Re: Daily Gita - 43 Important Lines from Gita to be remembered

Dear Gayathri,
    Thankyou for the very nice feedback.
    You will enjoy Gita, all the more, if you are familiar with the same.
    The line you have mentioned is very profound !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  4. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the Feedback on my behalf as well. :yes:

5. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Chithra,
    My husband's project is getting over a year ahead of schedule. He is looking for a job elsewhere, but nothings is working out so far. Is there a slokam that I can say so that he gets a good job soon, or better yet continue in the same job for some more time?

Also since my marriage, my husband seems to have this big ego and he does not respect my parents and family. He pretends in front of them, but I know the true story. It is a very painful part of my life. My parents may be coming to the US pretty soon. Instead of being happy I am terrified. Makes me very sad that I can't be happy for that. The last time they came there was so much trouble and my mom said that she won't come back to my house again. Well that was years ago and she is coming with my dad for a couple of weeks. It's a very long story. But you get the idea right? Which would be the approriate sloka for this, to bring in unity and peace in the family?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Shanthi.

6. Chitvish

Dear Shanthi,
    I saw your post in the other thread.
    Please go through:
    1. Special shlokas from Vishnu sahasranamam - 1
    2. Special shlokas from Vishnu sahasranamam - 2
    3. Soundaryalahari - 1
    4. Soundaryalahari - 2
    5. Soundaryalahari - 3
    6. Soundaryalahari - 4
    7. Soundaryalahari - 5
    8. Soundaryalahari - 6
    9. Soundaryalahari - 7
    10. Soundaryalahari - 8
    11. Soundaryalahari - 9
    12. Soundaryalahari - 10
    I suggest you chant from 3-12 in the order of days & selective verses from ! & 2 to suit your needs. Also chant shloka 13 from S L everyday.
    I pray & wish, things work out favourably for you, my dear Shanthi.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Chithra. I will make it a practice to chant these slokas.

8. Mridulah

Mridulah New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hi Chithra,
    Everyday I make it a point to log on to IndusLadies.com. 99% I am a silent reader, rarely do I stop to reply to a thread or pass a comment. I dont miss any of your postings, its an addiction. But I am unable to hold myself anymore. I thank you so much for your generous heart. Its just not the size of your fist, it is too big and extends to give a hug to everybody who logs on to Indusladies.com. All the threads started by you are simply great. I wish and pray that God be with you always and many others around the world get to know about this website and reap the benefits as we do. I know how much pain you would have taken to do this typing and you are not doing it for fame but with true intentions of giving benefit to others and you are enjoying the same. My namaskarams to you. You are one of the persons whom I wish to meet definitely.

Love,​
    Mridulah ​

<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  9. Chitvish

Dear Mridulah,
    Welcome to I L !
    You made me very emotional & I feel like crying ! Such love from all of you, whom I have never met so far, but would definitely like to meet at sometime or other in my life.
    I just enjoy writing shlokams - I get so involved & love it. I feel that is my service in life to all those who struggle to look out for the same in books & various sites. I have a large collection & would love to post here, whatever is not available anywhere on the net. My only aim is to make I L, the one-stop site for shlokas. With all your best wishes, I am sure, I will succeed.
    Today being amavasai, I am starting L S Namam in tamil.
    Tomorrow, I will post Mangalachandika sthothram from Devi Bhagavatham, for alround prosperity in life.
    Please do keep in touch with F b s - only then I know your pulse !
    I would love to meet you, Mridulah, definitely.

10. varasangam

varasangam New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the wonderful you are doing Mrs Chitra, my heartfelt thanks.

Regards

Vara