Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Lord Subrahmanya Shlokams ( Sanskrit in English & tamil fonts) &Murugan 108 potri

Dear Vidhi,
    Thankyou very very much.
    You have been really super-fast !
    Lord Subrahmanya will surely bless you, my young friend !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Re: Lord Subrahmanya Shlokams ( Sanskrit in English & tamil fonts) &Murugan 108 potri

My dear Chithra

Nice to see Lord Murugans Slokam, potris and pictures. Murugan is one of my favourite Gods. The pictures of Lord Murugan was really a feast for my eyes. I am planning to jot down the slokam and include it in my daily prayers.

Once again, thanking u for sharing nice slokams and beautiful pcitures.

Love and regards
    Priya

3. Chitvish

Dear Priya,
    Thankyou very much for you feed back.
    There seem to be many Muruga Bhakthais in I L, I am very happy !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

Count me in. My parents, hubby and brother are big fans of our "Kuzhandai Deivam" too. If only there was a "Thiruppugazh Anbargal" sangam near my place, I would be the first to join.

I love hearing and singing the tamizh songs on Lord Muruga especially by TMS, Seerkazhi Govindarajan etc. During Maargazhi season, (the half yearly exam vacation), we would wake up to these songs singing on the loudspeaker in the nearby Mariamman temple. Listening to these songs takes me back to my childhood and teenage years.

If you have more information on the life/literature by HH Pamban Swamigal, could you please share it with us?

Thanks soo much,
    Vidya

5. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

Could you also please explain the significance of Thai poosam, Panguni Uthiram and Vaigasi Visagam? Isn't Lord Muruga's star supposed to be Visagam? (that is why some are named Visagan). My friend and I had a argument as to which is Lord Murugan's star. I thought Thai poosam was the day, Lord Subrahmanya won the battle against Surapadman, and Vaigasi Visagam was his "Jayanthi". However my friend thinks otherwise!!

Could you please point us in the right direction? No hurry, whenever time permits.

Love
    Vidya

6. Chitvish

Dear Vidya,
    Nice to receive your feed back.
    I have Maharajapuram's Saravanabhava & Bombay Sisters Saravananae Sangeetham also, besides what you have mentioned. I love them too !

Do you have Pamban Swamigal's Shanmukha Kavacham ( Sirkazhi has sung it)
    starting with
    அண்டமாய் அவனியாகி...
    If you want, I can post it in tamil - I like it as much as Sashti kavacham.
    We love Murugan because He is
    தமிழ்க் கடவுள் & அழகுத் தெய்வம்!
    Love,
    Chithra.
    You must have read, how periyaval talks about Subrahmayaswami, so much, in his Deivathin Kural !

7. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

My dear Chitra,

Thank you very much for the pdf photos of Lord Muruga. It has been a feast for my eyes and I pray to Him to shower his choicest blessings on you.

My mother is an active member in the Thirupugazh Anbargal group and through her, i have also been blessed to learn a few of the songs in Thirupugazh.

I believe that is Murugan who is leading me in life and therefore please post any Murugan songs/slogams.

En Iyanin pugazh evvalavu kettalum/padinaalum thigattadhu.

8. Chitvish

Dear Chitra,
    I am very happy that Subrahmanya shlokas have been so well received by all of you. The pictures by Shilpi are, truly, a feast to the eyes.
    Well, I quote here Bharathiyar

தோகை மேல் உலவுங் கந்தன்
    சுடர்க்கரத் திற்கும் வெற்றி
    வாகையே சுமக்கும் வேலை
    வணங்குவது எமக்கும் வேலை.

Love to Chitra
    From,
    Chithra.

9. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    Thank you so much for the potris,slokams and swami photos. I will try to chant whenever possible. I am so fortunate to have these with my other collections. Swamimalai being our kuladeivam means a lot to me. Thanks to Vidhi too for the English font. I admire you for all that you give us lavishly Chitra.
    Love,

10. Chitvish

Dear Radha,
    Thankyou very much for the feedback.
    Yes, generally for most of the people in T N, either Swamimalai or Vaitheesvaran Kovil is the kula deivam.
    Next, on request, I am starting to draft Lakshmi Ashtotharam in tamil. If anybody wants in English font also, please write to me immediately.
    Love,
    Chithra.