Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear dear Sudha !

Thanks for the F B .
    To get uo & move about - make & drink my soups given in Ask Chitvish !
    They will nurse you back to good health !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Shakambari Stotram:

This is chanted for “annapaana samruddhi” – abundance in grains, vegetables and fruits.

Praseedathvam mahaes(h)aani praseeda jagadambikae

Ananthakoti brahmaanda nayikae thae namo namah

Namah kootastha roopaayai chidroopaayai namo namah

Namo vaedaantha vaedyaayai bhuvanaes(h)yai namo namah

Naethi naetheethi vaakyairyaa bodhyathae sakalaagamaih

Thaam sarvakaaraNaam daeveem sarvabhavaena sannathaah

Bhakthakalpadrumae daevi bhakthaartham daehadhaariNee

Nithyathrupthae nirupamae bhuvanaes(h)wari thae namah

Asmachchaanthyarthamathulam lochanaanaam sahasrakam

Thvayaa yatho dhrutham daevi s(h)athaakshee thvam thatho bhava

Svaadooni phalamoolaani bhakshaNaartham dadow s(h)ivaa

Naanaavidhaani chaannaani pas(h)ubhojyaani yaani cha

S(h)aakambareethi naamaapi thaddhinaathsamabhoonnrupa

Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Akanshasunithav likes this.
  3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Another Beautiful shloka

Dear Chitra,

thanks for sharing another beautiful shlokam.
    I also want to thank you for indexing the shlokas. I can understand the hardwork behind it all. You really go out of way to make things easier for us.
    You surely are our angel.

Love & regards,

4. Chitvish

Thankyou, my beautiful friend !

To be honest, it is my pleasure to , make familiar all these shlokas which are very potent, but least known !
    All said & done, do we not aim at abundance in our life?
    Thankyou for the F b .
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Rosie

Rosie New IL'ite

geevee68 likes this.
  6. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Excellent Work !!

Hi All,

I am new joinee to this thread....I don't recall how I caught hold of this site, but when I did, I felt very bad for not having seen this before..Awesome is an understatement !!...am short of words to describe how I feel about this site..its truely amazing..!

Mrs. Chitra, A special thanks to you for sharing so much of spiritual information....all your post about slokams/poojai made me feel, as if i am hearing those from the elders from my own family....

I am in the process of learning as much slokams as I can for daily receital and seeing lots of slokams (from special occasions thread with their significance and meaning) has increased my interest in sloka receitals..I ve download most of your slokams and will use them whenever I can for my daily poojai...! Thanks a ton...You have made me feel that I ve found a religious mentor who can guide me towards the right path of devotion... :)) Gives me a sense of satisfaction..truely !!

I too have few queries about the poojai that I do at home, lemme know whether you have time for my clarification..will post my queries after hearing from you..thanks in advance and keep up the great work !

Have a Nice Day,

Love,
    Preethi

7. Chitvish

Dear Preethi !

Welcome to this beautiful site. I am happy you find the shlokams good & enjoyable.
    I am ready to help you , but please remember that I too have limitations.
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

Thanks for the response...To start with, I am an ardent devotee of Aanjaneyar....I have been doing some regular poojai's for Aanji for more than a year now (I haven't seeked any elder's guidance on my method of poojai, I am doing this poojai on my own , out of my own passionate devotion for him).

On Tuesdays I fast and in the evening perform poojai for aanji as explained -
    1. First chant all slokams of Aanjaneyar. (which Includes 16 times chant of Hanuman Chalisa).
    2. I chant Aanjaneyar Sathanaamavali and do Kumkum archanai for his idol (I don't have his vigraham at home, just small framed photo of aanji, which i keep on a brass plate, below which i draw hanuman kolam).
    3. Keep Neiveidhyam (Mostly Paanagam or Neer More, as I work I dont get time to do other neiveidhyams, when i get time, i make sundal or kesari etc).

Now my question is : I am not sure whether doing kumkum archanai for aanji is right or should I use only atshadai for aanji ?? I have seen in temples Archagar doing kumkum archanai for aanji ...This archanai kumkum is what I apply on my forehead everyday...

I strongly believe that out of true devotion whatever we do (even if that is a mistake), god accepts it gracefully, however If I get to hear what is the right method from elderly / experienced people like you, I can go ahead doing it in the right way in the future..please advice. If u can tell me how to do proper hanuman poojai and its rituals, It would be useful for me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Preethi Prem

1 person likes this.
  9. Chitvish

My dear Preethi !

I guess you are young & at this age, to be passionate about doing a puja is not very common. God bless you, my young friend.
    What you have written, sounds quite alright. In Chennai, we consider thursdays & saturdays as special days- that is the only difference. But it is perfectly alright to do on tuesdays & I think this is more prevalent in the north.
    Continue with kumkumam. There is no need to change over to aklshathai. Thulasi & kumkumam are ideal for Anjaneyar. You can do any naivedyam which is convenient. Thayir sadam is also a very good offering.
    There is a Gita shloka ( 9.16) which says" He who with devotion offers me a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, that devout offering of the pure-minded one I accept".
    So, Preethi, just remember, attitude and devotion are more important.
    My best wishes to you, Preethi.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  10. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Thank You !!

Hi Chitra,

Thanks for that quick response..I will start keeping thair saatham also as neiveidhyam for aanji in the future...!

It's really very nice of you to address all the queries and go that 'extra mile' to give others the benefits of spirituality...

I very much appreciate you for that.

Take Care...Regards, Preethi