Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Thank01

Thank01 Gold IL'ite

Thank you, Chitra. I found them under the Sloka Index and have started chanting them from yesterday itself. In fact, I know Soundaryalahiri is a very powerful set of slokas. I have chanted the whole book twice - took me around 3-4 hours - and found it to be very effective on both the occassions. After that, I started reciting around 5 slokas every day. From now on I will read the daily-slokas as well as the ones for specific days of the week. Thanks again, regards, Jyothi

2. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi Chit mam, I have personally gained through your and Vidya's 'eradication of fear' slogams. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for such a change you make in people's lives.
    Now my husband asks me to ask for a slogam which can remove laziness and procrastination.:) He wants to chant them. He has tried seriously many times to be active.but after few weeks he again becomes a couch potato who can only sit and work in a laptop always, postponing the important works.

3. pushparao

pushparao New IL'ite

DEAR RAAMAARAJAPPA

please have your thyroid profile checked. tsh antibodies ,t3 and t4 .this is a bloodtest.i HAD THYROID PROBLEM AND I AM TAKING MEDICINE .PUSHPARAO

4. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mam

You are doing a great job by providing us with a lot of slokas. I am a novice when it comes to slokas. Just know only the basics which were taught in childhood.

I was told that I have Budh dasha now and should pray Goddess Parvathy on Wednesdays. Can you please let me know if there are any specific sloka or pooja for this Dasha?

Vishy

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, I do not know any specific shloka. Please go through the shloka index below my signature & go to the navagraha shloka. Chant the one for budhan.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

read this, all the best!

chitra.g/BANGALORE

Budha Pancha Vimsathi Stotram
    [The twenty five names of Planet Mercury]
    Translated by P. R. Ramachander

[This prayer to Budha (Planet Mercury) occurs in Padma Purana. Budha according to Indian mythology is the son of moon and Thara, a young wife of Brahaspathi (Planet Jupiter), who himself was the teacher of the moon. But this stotra mentions him as the son of Rohini - the favourite wife of moon. He is supposed to control intelligence in human beings.]

Budho, budhimatham sreshto, budhi datha, dhana pradha,
    Priyanmgulika shyama, kanja nethro manohara. 1

Budha, the chief among those wise, the giver of knowledge
    The giver of wealth, He who has dear fingers, He who is black in colour.,
    And he who has smoke colured eyes and he who is pretty.

Grahopamo rouhineeya nakshthreso dhaya kara,
    Virudha karya hantha cha soumyo budhi vivardhana. 2

He who is matchless among planets, He who is the son of Rohini,
    He who is the Lord of stars, he who does merciful deeds,
    And he who stops misdeeds of enemies, He who is peaceful, He who increases wisdom.

Chandrathmajo Vishnu roopi jnanijno jnani nayaka,
    Graha peeda haro Dhara puthra dhanya pasu pradha. 3

He who is the son of moon, he who has same form as Vishnu,
    He who makes others wise, he who is the leader of the wise,
    He who removes bad effects of planets,
    And he who bestows wife, son, grain and cattle wealth.

Loka Priya soumya moorthi gunadho guni vathsala. 4

He who is dear to all people, he who has a peaceful mien,
    He who does good deeds and he who likes good people.

Pancha vimsathi namani budhasyethani ya padeth,
    Smruthwa budham sada thasya peedaa sarva vinasyathi 5

He who reads these twenty five names of Budha,
    Meditating on him, would get all sufferings killed forever.

Thadhine va padedhyasthu labhathe sa manogatham.

If this is read on the day of Budha (Wednesday),
    All our desires would be fulfilled.

source: celextel.org

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  7. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

Budha Puja or Mercury Puja is dedicated to planet Mercury. Budha Puja on Wednesdays brings in manifold benefits like eliminating difficulties, healthy progeny, possession of fertile lands etc. Following things are associated with Buddha- the Mercury:

Direction : Northeast
    Gemstone : Emerald
    Metal : Alloy of Metals
    Ruling Day : Wednesday
    Flower : White Kanthal
    Color : Green
    Associated No. : 4 (Four)
    Grain : Full Green Moong Daal
    Food : Rice Mixed With Moong Daal
    Dhyan Mantra : Priyangu Kalikas Yamam Rupena Pratymam Budham Saumyam Saumya Gunopetam Tam Budham Pranamamyaham

Mercury is known as Budha in Vedic astrology. Budha is known as ''Grahapati'', or lord of the planets. Budha is considered wisest among the planets. Nature of mercury is Airy. Mercury refers to the intellect and intellect comes from mind.

Budha Puja - Worship of Mercury
    Worship of Mercury is recommended to those who are weak at studies, find lack of concentration and suffer from blood pressure and sugar problem etc. Reciting this mantra will help to minimize the evil influence of afflicted Mercury.

Aum hram krom aim grahanathaya budhay svaha
    One can recite the following mantra on Wednesdays, facing the northeast direction. It is advisable to wear green clothes on such day.

Mercury - Its Significance
    The planet Mercury or Budha rules nerves, air, cells, tongue, breath and the nervous system. Afflictions to Budha can cause problems like nasal disorders, impediments in speech, stammering, bronchitis, asthma, brain fever, delirium, breathing difficulties, paralysis, and nervous disorders. Budha represents speech, communication and commerce on all levels. In the other function, Budha manages material resources.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  8. vidyarp

vidyarp Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra Maam,
    Can you please provide me with some slokas for Goddess Mariamman? She happens to be my family deity and i would like to chant slokas for her.

Thanks,
    Vidya

9. BharathiRajesh

BharathiRajesh New IL'ite

Hi I have posted a thread in this forum, but do not know why it does not appear.

Hoping this will appear, friends , my two sister-in-laws are in their thirties waiting for a child. have given all slokas and temples stated in this forum to them.They are feeling very upset that they are not getting a child.

I have a daughter who is 3 years old . Now I wish to chant more slokas for my sister-in-laws.Pls tell me can i do some puja or chant slokas for them.
    Is there any sloka for family welfare and happiness, especially for my sister-in-laws to get child? Can I take any Viradham
    for that?

With Best wishes,

Bharathi.R

10. mantha

mantha New IL'ite

Hi Chitra, Really you are doing very good job, becoz it is so difficult to get so many slokas at one place, i am very happy to be your friend and read your postings,

chitra, i nede some advice, in now a days generation what what slokas young girls should know?

i want to teach my daughters, now i am teaching them all daily slokas, like gurur brahama.. vakrathundaa... shuklam bardharam.. agajanaaa..
    and hanuman chalisa, and what else i should teach them,

they want to learn simple and small slokas. please let me know.

and for me i am very much disturbed , as recently my dad passed away, i want to overcome this, but not able to, i am not getting sleep, and finding myself very disturbed, could not rest myself.
    i am doing meditation and trying to sing some bhajans but still,
    chitra please let me know.
    thank you:thankyou2:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009