Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indra,
    Go through the shloka index & chant Dhanvanthri shlokam & Mrithyunjaya shlokam.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Dear Lakshmi,
    Hayagriva stotram is good for studies, but about kshmi Hayagriva sthothram, I do not know.
    Nothing more than Vishnu SN is necessary for regular chanting.Chant Asadya sadhakam(to ahieve the impossible) from the shloka index.
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra amma,
    Can you give the words for Verkulali Vetkai . This sloga is for getting conceived.

4. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Am so sorry for such a delayed reply....i couldn't see the sloka in praptti.

And the link which you gave for Sri VishnuSahasranamam is working fine. But am unable to download the same...Can u pl let me know how to do that ? I have only MACintosh and no windows :-(

5. veenapoo

veenapoo New IL'ite

Attn. of Sri Tripuradasan Sir!

Respected sir,
    I came across the shloka you have given for controlling anger. I have been on the look out for something like that for many years now, I had been at the receiving end of other people's anger all these years. Now I feel I cannot take it more and want to do something about it. Also I guess I lack Deivadeenam, I have not done any thing wrong knowingly in this birth.
    Can you please suggest how I can attain peace of mind and Deivadeenam (I think they are interconnected)? I had not been doing anything specific all these years, just doing my duty towards my family. So kindly guide me, I request of you.
    Thanking you,
    Pranaams.
    Veenapoo

6. Chitvish

Dear Tamil,
    I have added the tamil version specially on your asking. Kindly refer.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I was looking up a shlokam for A to chant to attain his goal in education and came up with the shlokam on Anjaneyar 'asaadhya'. I have noted it down and he had started to chant it daily. I sincerely hope and pray that Lord Anjaneyar helps him in his efforts to get good marks, rewards him for the hardwork he is putting in.
    Thank you very much.

8. Chitvish

Dear Varloo,
    Ask him to chant the 2 shlokas, I have given for improvement in studies & the last 2 liner in Dhakshinamurthy stotram, I have given 2 days back. I have indexed it.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. AarthiKalyan

AarthiKalyan New IL'ite

Vajra Panchakam

Dear chitraji,

Am a slient reader of your sloka post and new to IL also. You are doing a great service esp for ppl living in abroad. I kindly request you if you can get me vajra panchakam sloka on durga devi. i tried searching on net but in vain. There was an article about Vajra panchakam on Dinamalar - Varamalar dated March 9 2008. They have given the essence of the sloka but not the full script. I would like to have the sanskrit version of the same.

Chithira soundaryalahari is being published in kumudam snehithi by Smt. Jeya Chandrasekaran. Any of the Ilites collecting the same? For people who are unaware of it - for each soundaryalahari sloka jeyaji is giving nice chithirams of ambal.

Thanks in advance
    Aarthi

10. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Ma'am

If you have, can you please share with us the Gita dhyana slokam? It starts as
    "Om Paarthaya prathi bothitham bhagavatham narayanenasvayam.."

I'm sorry if I have mispronounced it horribly..My mother used to recite and I repeated after her. Neither of us know Sanskrit:hide: After knowing that it is better to keep quiet than to chant wrongly, I'm eager to know the right pronunciation.
    Thanks
    -Bee