Special prayers and special gods that help to conceive and protect pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramya475, Feb 21, 2010.

1. ramya475

ramya475 Junior IL'ite

One of the important requirement of a society is the need for bringing up subsequent generations. This would mean producing children and looking after them so that they become the pillars on which the world will depend. Major burden of this aspect of the society is on women. This involves a pregnancy where the mother carries her baby in her womb, delivery involving lot of labour pain, breast feeding the children, providing 24 hours support for these babies till they are able to look after themselves. Though it was easy for me to type the words, I and almost the entire male world, realize the amount of suffering and the great commitment needed too do this job. Yes, there is a joyful bonus. This consists of the immense pleasure that these children give back to their parents especially mother when they are helpless babies. Possibly due to this and definitely due to the responsibility entrusted by the society on them, women yearn to have babies.
    Right from the olden days there were a small percentage of women who were not able to bear children, During those times, it was thought that it was her fault, But now we know that the fault may lie in her or her husband. We also know that most of these faults can be cured. It is during the times when the couple are not able to get babies that they approach God. Several Hindu Gods are approached to solve this problem.
    The greatest Hindu prayer which helps women conceive is the Vamsa Vrudhikaram Durga Kavacham, In this prayer planet Saturn asks his father the Sun god as to how women who are not able to get children can conceive, Sun god then teaches his son the great prayer. He says to him that this great prayer not only would help barren women conceive but also protect her pregnancy, prevents abortions in the middle, drive away evil spirits that prevent pregnancy etc. It says that women should chant for seven days daily this prayer after the bath after the periods. It is also mentioned that this prayer should be read several times keeping a red thread in front and the thread be worn over the hips by women and such an act would lead to pregnancy. This great prayer with English meaning has been given by me in he web site
    Vamsa Vrudhi Kara Durga Kavacham - Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
    It is not available in Sanskrit or Malayalam or Tamil in the web. I do have a Malayalam printed version with me.
    Many of you may not know about a great temple called Thirukarukkavur(the city that protects pregnancies). This small town is near Tanjore of Tamil Nadu. The temple is presided over by Garbha Rakshambikai (The mother who protects pregnancies) . It is believed that “Couples who remain childless for a long time should offer ghee, which will be placed at the Feet of the Goddess charged with manthras and given to them. If the couples eat a little of this Ghee at night daily for 48 days the woman will certainly conceive soon and they will be blessed with children.
    Pregnant women expecting deliveries should offer castor oil, which will be placed, at the Feet of Sri Garbharakshambikai, charged with mantras and offered to them. This castor oil has wonderful property. When the women gets the labour pains, this oil should be smeared on their abdomen. This will eliminate all complications, dangers and after effects of deliveries and make the deliveries quite easy” (quoted from Sukanya's musings: STORY OF GODDESS GARBHARAKSHAMBIKA SAMETA SHRI MULLAIVANA NATHAR)
    Families who get children, take they babies to this temple and put them in a golden cradle in front of the goddess.
    Apart from this there is great prayer addressed to this goddess called Garbha Raksha stotram. This has been composed by sage Sounaka, It is believed that by doing the following a safe delivery can be ensured to any woman.
    “ Daily sit in front of a photo of Goddess with any small offering(Fruits , milk or any other food article and recite as follows:-
    During the second month read the first two slokas 108 times daily,
    During the third month read the first three slokas 108 times daily,
    During the fourth month read the first four slokas 108 times daily,
    During the fifth month read the first five slokas 108 times daily,
    During the sixth month read the first six slokas 108 times daily,
    During the seventh month read the first seven slokas 108 times daily,
    During the eighth month read the first eight slokas 108 times daily,
    During the ninth month read all the nine slokas 108 times daily,
    It is believed that this would ensure safe delivery.”
    The sloka in English along with translation is available in
    Garbha Raksha Stotram - Prayer for safe delivery
    There is also a prayer addressed to this goddess composed by SEngalipuram Anantha Rama deek****har. This great stotra is ab=gain available in English along with meaning in
    Garbha Rakshambika Stotram | Vedanta Spiritual Library
    The Garbha Raksha Stotram and the Garbha Rakshambika stotram are available with me in Sanskrit
    I have a humble request to all the ladies of India. Those of you who can chant this, please teach these three great stotras to women who want to get children and women who are in the family way. Please encourage them to visit Thirukarukkavur and get the blessings of the Goddess.
    I live in Bangalore. If you need any help in learning these stotras , I would be more than willing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
    Purvab likes this.

2. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Ramya for compiling all the info at one post.It would be very useful for all the ttcs.

Warm Regards:)
    Saras

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Always good to see you with a set of slokas that help us during distress. To your list of slokas, please allow me to add the MantraRaja Pada Stotram written on Swami Lakshmi Narasimhar by Lord Shiva. It specifically wards off abortion, miscarriage, birth defects.Ensures peaceful delivery. I listened to this slokam over my pregnancy and inspite of all the hiccups, had a peaceful tenure and safe delivery by the Grace of Malolar.

Velankanni Matha holding Baby Jesus is another divine entity that gives much support and solace for conception, pregnancy and delivery.

Looking forward to learning more slokams from you.

1 person likes this.
  4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidya

Congratulations.
    God bless you & ur lo.

Warm Regards:)
    Saras

5. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi
    thanks for a wonderful post. hope it shows the way for all ttc ladies.......

6. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

hi ramya,

thanks for the slokas... just had a glimpse of it will read it in leisure...

Saras,
    how are you ? am seeing u after long time remember talking sometime last year about garbarakshambigai temple visit... did u get to visit or u ordered online ??

7. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi dears

Can somebody post this stothram...
    MantraRaja Pada Stotram written on Swami Lakshmi Narasimhar by Lord Shiva..
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Hema
    I am fine and thank you. How are you and How are things at your end? Well still i have not received any sermons from Garbharakshambigai amman.I have ordered ghee prasadam online plus my appa went to do pooja there on our behalf and got ghee for me. Hopefully this year vacation we will go....INSHAALLAH as soon i get a call from her.......:)

Warm regards
    Saras:)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  8. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

10. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vidhya,
    Congrats to you and your family.

Hope you and your son are doing well.Whats his name.