1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Special birthday

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Rajnigandha, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Rajnigandha

Rajnigandha Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My DD is turning 4 soon, and we are not going to have a party this year. She is okay with this idea, but we want to make it special. I am sure making it special does not involve throwing a huge party or calling people over.

We are working parents and I feel we are in life's rush that sometimes we forget to spend special moments with her. Days go by fast with monotonous items such as dress-up, bath, eat, sleep, watch tv, etc.
    What can we do to make it special on her special day? For starters, we are planning to take a day off on her birthday.

All ideas are welcome. It need not be extravagent but something simple, something that she can remember when she grows up as to how she enjoyed her birthday even without a party.

Thanks ladies!

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You are absolutely right. Special day doesnt have to include a huge party. Taking a family day itself is great.

I would start with noting down her favorite activities. Firstly, making her favorite dishes for breakfast, if she is into board games, playing that after breakfast. If she likes to eat lunch outside, taking her to her favorite restaurant, going to a movie if she loves one, perhaps a picnic?

Even if I dont celebrate a birthday, I always like a gift or two and cake.

3 people like this.
  3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

though I do agree with you that special day does not mean a party but having celebrated my 2 kids b'day mostly every year with party( and I truly regret the year I did not have a party),i will say that kids love it a lot & you may re- think on your plans ...........nothing please them then having lots of friends ,giving & getting presents,being centre of attractions ,eating lots of favourite things,opening gifts oooohing & aaaahing over all gifts........watching the photos after the occasion......

otherwise a trip to zoo or circus or her favourite place would please her a lot..........

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

First of all advance birthday wishes to your daughter and my hugs too. To make it special you can make an album of her photos from her birth till now and give it to her. Also since she has completed four years you can give her four gifts. Since you are not having a party , you can go an orphanage where kids are there and give them food and gifts . Also spend the day with them by playing with them , having some games , then lunch, it will be like a picnic and kids will also enjoy.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rajnigandha

Loved all these ideas..thanks!

6. Rajnigandha

Agreed, but she is going to have cupcake "party" in her school, so we thought of skipping this yr. Were planning to have it next yr as the milestone age of 5 yrs

7. Rajnigandha

Liked your ideas..will try to incorporate all of them!

8. Rajnigandha

Does anyone have any recommendations/ideas for gifts for a 4 yr old girl? Thanks

9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I dont know if she has one already but a bicycle (the pink one :)) should be just right for this age.Or else if she likes musical instruments try a piano.

1 person likes this.
  10. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

Hi
    How about a Family day out? When we went to USA ,we saw lot of kids celebrating there bday at disneyland there.
    You can take her to amusement park with a badge saying birthday girl .or dressed as some princess theme.

2 people like this.