1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spark That Joy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

The tweet tweet of the birds as I step out of the house, the gentle breeze blowing at my hair sending a shiver down my spine despite the warm sun makes me want to sing in joy. I realize these tweets are not that of birds looking for food but of the ones looking for a place to nest! How wonderful that is! The backyard is almost cleaned up and birds are making a beeline to the pond. I fill the feeders with food.

I think of all that spring cleaning that I have already begun. After those cold months indoors, the need to air out and bring freshness in, is immense. I look at my plants that have survived the winter indoors. They look happier. As they lean towards the glass of the window, perhaps they are wondering what it is like to be outside. I smile at them, assuring them that they will find their free space in a couple of weeks, asking them to trust me.

As I change the curtains in the house, I think of Mary Kondo and her “every item in your house should spark joy, else get rid of it” philosophy. I look around the house. I do not know about you, but almost all the material things in my house do spark joy to me. Keep them all it is, for me :kissing:. :kissing::kissing:Having made my decision, I pick up the old curtains to put them away.

As I take the route I take to work with my DD, in excitement I tell her “Let me show you all the trees I love on my way to work!” She looks at me and simply says “Mom, don’t worry. I will not share with anyone what you just said!” teasingly. Spring does bring a joyful side out. I do not know about you, but the days I do not notice my beloved trees are the days I know I have not lived in the moment. I think of “if it does not bring joy comment” and think how wonderful it would be if we could apply that to the thoughts in our head. If a thought does not spark joy, get rid of it! Wouldn’t it be beautiful?

As I read Marcus Aurelius before sleeping, I read – “My soul, will you never be simple, serene, and satisfied? Will you never enjoy a kind, generous, sunny disposition?
    Will you never be happy with life as it is, desiring nothing more? Will you never stop seeking entertainment and longing for pleasure?
    Will you never be grateful for all that exists and occurs, knowing everything comes from nature and gods?“

I can Marcus, I can with all the beauty around me for a few brief moments is all I can say.

With March marching in as a lion, we have had lovely moments like this
    upload_2021-3-27_10-43-34.png upload_2021-3-27_10-43-45.png

Even as we wait for April showers to bring May flowers, do share your moments (in pictures) that sparked joy in you!

Kaput, satchitananda, radv and 3 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear sister @Srama ji

A part of description at the start transport the mind to Ravi Verma's a couple of snowy white swans in a pond close to a large pink lotus on which Devi Saraswathi clad in white with a jwelled crown on her head with her long of hair held lose sideways and green shadows of leafy trees disturbed a little by a school of fishes.

With exit of winter your indoor plants would come out of hibernationrejoice for they would hear your family that includes Toby. Yes. As you change curtains, breeze from all around enter, refresh all those in and be a cause of spark of joy.

Like beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, so too every thought.

If winter comes can spring be far behind? Your DD is aware.

Here you have my yes and kudos for those MA’s SSS - soul stirring sparks

Srama likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabita,
    I can see spring around you in your snippet! I can understand how feel after the winter. All plants....they too have feelings. Must be happy to come out of the house into open to welcome spring! They would delight you with flowers in May. We would love to see those pictures too. Plants out, new curtains....thrilled?
    We are happy with life....but not wanting more is difficult. And getting rid of thoughts too is difficult!
    Syamala

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:
    Sparking joy hibiscus in my neighbour’s garden

upload_2021-3-28_22-53-16.png

satchitananda, Srama and radv like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Thyagarajan sir,
    First things first, please do remove that ji from your vocabulary when it comes to me. I am much too younger :biggrin: and all I seek is your blessings!
    That is indeed a beautiful description of Goddess Saraswathi! Thank you for that vivid description.

This here
    is so true. Letting of those thoughts that donot serve any purpose is very important. Our minds are sharper than we think and we as humans seek happiness. there is so much around yet we seek it elasewhere!

Appreciate your feedback!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

You are so right! Not wanting more is difficult.
    We certianly want more of those happy thoughts too don't we? i am learning that I can have those thoughts in my head as savings in my account and try to recall and use them when I need. It is a fascinating exercise :) Getting rid of thoughts is not possible I think - we canonly watch them go by. We have been given these senses for enjoyment. Only when these thoughts lead us to attachment it becomes difficult!

Thank you as always my friend for your lovely feedback.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

This is what I am talking about @Thyagarajan sir. My hope, we share those lovely pictures and make it cheerful! Thank you for sharing such lovely flowers
    I love hibiscus, am partial to red ones and I protect my plant through the winter to take it outside now. The color you have shared is so unique. I have never seen it! Thank you!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

Amazing thread, thank you for starting this.

Srama likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am at my daughter''s house in Vaikom,Kerala. Came for cataract surgery. Surgery over.

I think of you everyday as whatever is happening is according to your choice.
    The tweet of the birds. The gentle breeze I en joy here everyday as here there is a big house 'big sitout and from every corner of the house we can see the trees as the house is surrounded with trees everywhere .

I am posting some photos 20210329_102957.jpg 20210329_102950.jpg 20210329_102950.jpg 20210329_102941.jpg 20210329_102915.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Thyagarajan

That is addressed to OP @Srama .
    OMG now only I know that you had surgical correction for the vision and removal of dead proteins that gathered into the eye blurring the vision. Welcome to cataract club members .
    I trust you are able to see everything and persons in “true colours”.
    But then I am concerned that you just had surgery and ready with new vision to browse here. Rest your eyes from strains and sparks for few more days. I am sure you must be avoiding exposure to heat radiated from kitchen gas oven and bright dazzling lights’s by wearing goggles. I trust you got 20/20 vision restored and able to see and read without glasses.

Kudos to you for thoughtful attachments of your verdant surroundings for 360 degree view from balcony.

Srama and iyerviji like this.