1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Spare Us!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LightOfVictory, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear LoV,

Even as you write about the smoking habit on Wall Street, you have made it a habit to write great blogs! Anyday, a much more rewarding and friendly habit!! Congrats on being nominated once again for this month's FP of the month.

I never knew that smoking was so rampant on WStreet and in the business sectors. I always thought that America has done great job in discouraging smokers. Coming from Germany which is a virtual tobacco chimney, America to me is almost a haven for non-smokers. When my German friends visit here, they find it extremely restrictive towards smokers!

I still remember the day when there was a smoker and non-smoker seating areas on planes! We have come a long way.

Yet, what do we do when some try to equate smoking with being hip and cool. Sad indeed.

I strongly object to movies that show these macho heroes smoking, sends a wrong message to the young and impressive youth.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. LightOfVictory

LightOfVictory Junior IL'ite

Thanks Kamla ji for your encouraging words.

I came to know about Germany as tobacco chimney, from you.

I know smoking is bad for health, but I don't have very strong opinions about smokers. All I am really concerned about is 'passive smoking'. we, innocent (if I may call so :) ) people are affected by it, without a choice :drowning