1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Soyabean bari?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by mkclg, Oct 21, 2008.

1. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Dear All,

I fed 12 months old son "RAJMA RICE" 1st time last sunday & he really liked it alot.His motions were also normal next day.Pls let me know if I can feed him Soyabean bari ie,Nutrela brand as being a vegetarian family,I dnt find many protein sources for him.Hes allergic to dairy,eggs hes nt taking & hes bored with his regular food ,ie,rice aur tuar daal khichdi.
    Have any1 tried with Nutrela baris.Pls let me know some recepie.

Thanks,
    Monica

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hi, your son is on soy milk formula right? So go ahead and try soy. But with soya, there are two issues phytoestrogens and growth retarding factors. Recent research has shown that after the japanese started moving away from a soy-based diet, they have started growing taller (I will try and locate that link for you.) Phytoestrogens are also not a good choice for boys as it increases risk of testicular cancer. Our Paed advised us to try once or twice a week...
    With K also, we are finding it difficult to push proteins. How about fried grams, peas, Channa (soft cooked). Sometimes I make hummus (pressure cook brown channal for 20-25 min, after it has cooked mixie it with a bit of lemon juice and salt and add olive oil to taste.) I use this as a spread on breads and chapatti, or use in the place of chutneys. Monica, I am in the same boat, trying to push protein here.

3. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

Thanks for your reply.Yeah,Micky is already on soya formula ,after goin thru ur post im not very keen for soyabean bari now ,yeah,peas,chana etc other options r also there.
    Micky is not eating anything,he hardly opens his mouth seeing his food,i dnt know way.i will haveto go to his Dr for treating his cold ,I guess.
    How is Lil K is doing?Hey,how long ur planning to continue with BF.There is some homeopathic treatment is effective for lactose intolerance,i have heard & lactase tablets are also available in the mkt.
    I m thinking of stopping his bottle feeding by 1.5 years but his soya formula tastes so bad that he wont be taking it with cup,glass.
    Lets see what happens,
    Monica