1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Soya shake helps in post menopausual

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by subbutr, Oct 19, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear friends,

A study by US scientists suggests that a soya based drink a day may help postmenopausal women to reduce fat, particularly the fat that accumulates on the stomach.

Abdominal fat is particularly bad for health. It raises the risk of heart attacks and diabetes. Soya may also help women cut risk of cardiovascular disease or diabetes, the study suggests.
    The scientists looked at the effect of ’soya-a’ vegetable protein supplements on the health of 15 women who had gone through menopause. They asked nine of the women to drink a 120-calorie soya shake a day, while six were given a dummy shake.
    After three months, there was little difference in weight between the two groups. However, scans showed a big difference in the amount of fat the women were carrying around the waist, reported the online edition of Daily Mail.
    While those on the soya shakes had lost abdominal fat during the course of the study, the other women had put it on.
    Writing in the journal Fertility and Sterility, the researchers said the finding would help in improving the health of women who often put on extra fat after menopause.
    Women often experience weight gain after menopause and the scientists claimed their trial suggests a new dietary option for the prevention of this weight gain.
    The shakes contained more soya than people would normally eat in their diet and supplements would be needed to get the same effect at home, David Christie, of the University of Alabama in Birmingham said.
    “This was a very small trial with very small numbers,” he added. “If it were to hold up in larger numbers it could have much broader implications in terms of recommending soya to postmenopausal women.”
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

For your informations I have shared this article from Health News.
    subbu

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subbu
    Yes soya shake or soya milk does help in reducing the fat around ur abdomin I am having it from quite a few years. As I love to eat all type of food:-D This is like a Ram baan to me:rotflThis is very good information to all the ladies who don't know about it.

3. Eswaram

Eswaram New IL'ite

Menopause

Ladies,

shall we discuss about menopause? what age it usually attacks? how to be prepared? how to be cautious? what are the symptoms and so on... it will be great....

4. sheeza

sheeza New IL'ite

thx for this great information. but want to know one thing very IMP to me. as woman (accuring menopaus) and also suffering frm amebaiosis(intestinal infection) can hv soya supplements. or can mix soya seeds with wheat flour n can consume daily abt 2 chappaties.........

5. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Subbu,
    Thanks for the information. I drink Soya milk regularly.I was really in a dilemma whether to continue drinking it. Thank you so much for sharing subbu.
    Meenakshi

6. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

can anyone help me prepare soya shake?????

7. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

I also want to know how to prepare soya milk shake. Please can anyone help us.

I want to know, what are all the symptoms for menopause. Can anyone explain.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
  8. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

think so these might help u dear!!!!!:thumbsup

Good Morning Orange Splash

(2 servings)

• 1 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate
    • 1 cup cold water
    • 1 cup of fresh, natural soy milk made with the SoyQuick Automatic Soymilk MakerT
    • 1/3 cup sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 10 ice cubes
    Combine the first five ingredients in a blender; process at high speed. Add ice cubes, a few at a time, blending until smooth.
    This is a great vitamin C pick-me-up to start the day with. Some mornings this is all I have for breakfast. You wouldn't believe the energy it gives you.Berry-Nice Smoothie

(1 serving)

• 1 1/2 cups frozen berries (your favorite)
    • 1 cup juice (orange will do)
    • 1 cup of fresh, natural soy milk made with the SoyQuick Automatic Soymilk MakerT
    Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into glass and enjoy.
    Chocolate Banana Soy-moo-thy

(1 serving)

• 1 medium banana — quartered
    • 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
    • 3 ice cubes
    Purée all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
    Pour into a glass and serve at once. have a healthy life:thumbsup

<hr width="75%" color="#96ca2d">

9. vidhu63

vidhu63 Gold IL'ite

Hi Yams,

Thank you for your immediate reply and the ways how we can make soya shake.

10. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Vascular instability

Urogenital atrophy, also known as vaginal atrophy, (main article: Atrophic vaginitis)

Skeletal

Skin, soft tissue

• Breast atrophy
    breast tenderness +/- swelling

• Decreased elasticity of the skin
    • Formication (itching, tingling, burning, pins and needles, or sensation of ants crawling on or under the skin)
    • Skin thinning and becoming drier
    Psychological

Sexual