1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Southwest Annoucements..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by pooja, May 21, 2008.

1. pooja

pooja New IL'ite

This was not copied/forwarded from anywhere else. That is why I didn't put it in the forwarded messages forum.

I recently flew on a southwest plan in the US and the annoucements made by the airhostesses was pretty different. Instead of the boring ones that no one will listen to, this actually made it pretty interesting to listen. I noted down a few snippets.
    • 1. We donot anticipate change in cabin pressure, if we do, we wouldn't be here. However, incase if cabin pressure changes, an oxygen mask will get released to provide you with oxygen for 5 minutes. Since we love you so much, we will only charge you 10 cents per minute for oxygen after the initial 5 minutes.
      2. If you have child or someone acting as a child - a husband would qualify for that - please tighten you mask before helping anyone else. What you want to do with your husband is entirely upto you.
    • 3. There are 60 ways to leave your lover, but only 6 ways to leave this aircraft.
      4. Southwest airlines prides itself of having the best airhostesses, however they get tuesday offs (the day I was travelling) and we don't. Hence you need to bear with us. We are going home and we are extremely tired. Hence no complaining and no whining please.
      5. If there is anything that we can do to improve your flying experience, please do not tell it to us. There are 137 of you and only 3 of us. Hence please write them in a piece of paper and hand it over to us when you leave. Better still, please take those paper with you as silence is golden.
      6. Those of you who have cellphone, we are very impressed. However we do need to ask you to switch it off.
      7. If you leave something behind, let it be something that we would like to have like a rolex watch, $50 bill etc.
      8. If you are married to one of us, you will be flying free!
    Everyone clapped after the annoucement. I thought it was pretty different and wanted to share.

Last edited: May 21, 2008

2. anshulkumar

anshulkumar New IL'ite

hey pooja,

indeed its very different and interesting :)

cheers,
    Anshul

3. vkdjk

vkdjk New IL'ite

Really good....am sure it reached every ears

4. Revathi

Revathi Senior IL'ite

everyone should listen if they announced this way:idea.never heard before.Thanks for sharing.

5. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pooja,
    Usually while making announcements & safety tips most of the people will be busy in their own ways.But am sure no one might have missed this announcement.I loved the 2nd statement the most.Thanks for sharing it with us.

love,
    ammu

Last edited: May 21, 2008