1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SOS: 51 32N, 0 5W; Middle of Crisis..HELP ME !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi dear Sabitha,

A lovely post from you, combining fun with every woman's dread of aging !
    Right from the captivating title to beautifully weaving in all the symptoms of mid-life, only you could do it .:thumbsup Enjoyed reading it Sabitha.

Happy that you're back with your wonderful play of words . Keep it coming ...

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabhi,
    I am dumbfounded by your post you know why? First , coming to know that you are going to enter into the world of " middle age"I thought you are only eighteen !!!:)You have woven the plot wonderfully with your mastery over language. I still cannot come out of that impact.
    Men grow old, pearls grow yellow, there is no cure for it.
    The gardener's rule applies to youth and age:
    When young "sow wild oats," but when old, grow sage.
    To me, middle age is fifteen older than I am!!! Since you have seen me in person, I cannot lie to you that I am still in my teens and accept your post as a precautionary lesson to me !!!:rotfl
    At twenty we worry about what others think of us; at forty we don't care about what others think of us; at sixty we discover they haven't been thinking about us at all.Middle age creeps up and grabs a hold of you without warning. Dear Sabhi, being an intelligent girl or aunty you know all. But I want to share my thoughtsMiddle aged women are no longer just the "nanny-granny" for younger women and older men are no longer just the "cool old dude" from down the street. They are individuals' still loving life, still planning their futures, still dating, still being in love, still hoping for changes in their lives, still voting, still caring and still doing their own thing and not waiting for time or another birthday.Age really is a number, middle age a greater number but it is as with everything else a point of view of the individual. You can be middle age or you can be one who loves life and move right along.
    In my heart I will always be the world's oldest teenager, even if I am a grandmother.The only part of becoming a grandmother that bothers me is the name, Grandma. When I picture Grandma, she is a white haired, elderly, comfy, cushiony, soft spoken, large busted, woman in an apron with a bun in her hair. I am none of the above in fact I pride myself on the truth that only my hairdresser knows for sure what my hair color is.Enjoy your age !!! Sorry for my long feed back.
    with love
    paddy
    Dear Srini, Thank you for the compliments.
    pad

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sabi,

Whatever the title, your name under it sure does make me rush to the post and I am always well rewarded. Welcome to the Thirties, you sweet school girl .Yessss, I second the others, it only gets better every year, believe me.

What! Midlife crisis? What is that? Sabi, my greatest fear is I will go directly from being a giggling school girl to a giggling grandmother and miss that stage completely.:hide:

I whole heartedly agree with you about IL. This IS the place to be whenever you spot that stray grey hair or a wrinkle..you will leave convinced that it is because you have grown a little wiser or that these are laughter lines.:)

A super duper ,rollicking post :thumbsup

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearestSaby,

oh no you are being called an aunt:spin, i hate it when someone calls me aunt and i say "don't call me aunt":rant:rant and i tell them call me by my name, i ask them" do i look like a aunt"??????
    Well dear get used to being called an aunt, i just give it a deaf ear when someone calls me aunt:crazy

love
    alpa:cheers

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear Aruna,

Can anyone dare to call the royal highness 'Aunty' ?

You would order them to be chopped to pieces and fed to your cultivated crocodiles in Nile.

Yes, some additional suffixes are sure to be added to our names to glorify our existence.

I am so glad that you found time to drop in and post your feedback.It means a lot to me.

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,
    Wonderfully written as usual! We are still teenagers at heart and that's what counts :thumbsup
    Talking about mid life crisis, doesn't it hit at around 40? At least, that's what I was hoping in vain!!! :drowning:drowning
    Now you know there is something you have embraced it in style and grace and there are people like me around trying to fight it out. Kudos to your writing. Now let me run to the FP thread and nominate your post before someone else beats me to it!

Laks

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dear K2S,

Chechi sounds so nice and cute !
    Yes, I have Malyalee friends and seen them addressing their elder siblings as 'Chechi'.

Thanks for your warm welcome and I have lapped up all your tips on how to set my gear in cruise mode steering towards the big 4.Thanks a ton for coming here and providing the FB.

Yes, IL members addressing me as 'maam' have almost capsized me but I now treat it as a honour and less of a elderly epithet.:crazy

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Vidya,

So good to see all my EM buddies endorsing me !

I can't tell you how much it means for me to see you take your time off to pen your thoughts here and I am delighted.It sure is going to get better having wonderful people like you around to cheer and uplift sprirts.:cheers

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

i am not far ebhind u, at 56, running 57, and soon to reach 58.And i am looking forward ot being a senior citizen very soon, for i will get half a percentage more interest on bank deposits, cheaper train travel, and more exemptions in Income Tax, u see.HAHAHAHAHAHA

And as i am growing older, maybe not wiser, i am finding so many good friends, from Indus, Mithili is one, her husband, Cheeniya, Chitvish, and many others from other site where i blog too.Who said u cant make friends as u age in life.?

i loved the humour in yr blog, light and lovely. You have a very positive attitude, Aunty Sabita, :biglaugh

Regads

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

i am not far ebhind u, at 56, running 57, and soon to reach 58.And i am looking forward ot being a senior citizen very soon, for i will get half a percentage more interest on bank deposits, cheaper train travel, and more exemptions in Income Tax, u see.HAHAHAHAHAHA

And as i am growing older, maybe not wiser, i am finding so many good friends, from Indus, Mithili is one, her husband, Cheeniya, Chitvish, and many others from other site where i blog too.Who said u cant make friends as u age in life.?

i loved the humour in yr blog, light and lovely. You have a very positive attitude, Aunty Sabita, :biglaugh

Regads

kamal