Son's LKG Admission in Chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jayalakshmig, Feb 15, 2007.

1. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Hey Shanthi,

I am here to bug you again. could you tell me what is the age limit for LKG admission in CBSE schools?

Lakshmi

2. Vijaylakshmi

Vijaylakshmi New IL'ite

Shanvy,

Thanx for the information

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,

You can bug me time and again. and am willing to help to the best of my knowledge.

We had discussed this about the agelimit in 2/3 threads...check them out...http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schools/16196-age-limit-icse-cbse-board.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schools/19110-admission-procedures.html http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schools/4665-age-criteria-admission-lkg-chennai.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schools/10139-right-age-put-child-school.html

If you still want to know..fire your questions will try to h elp....

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vijayalakshmi,

You are welcome.

5. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Shanthi,

I read the link and understood the following. My Plan is my son will be 3 yrs by march 2009 and will be 31/2 during sep 2009. so he will be eligible for the acadamic year starting june 2010 for LKG.i am planning to return to chennai by end of 2009 so that i can finish the admission procedure. Am i going in the right track? i read in the forum that SBOA does not take kids for LKG if they are 4 yrs and above. what does that mean? so if i want to apply for SBOA when should i get application for my son for LKG.(his DOB is march 15th 2006). Pl correct me if i am wrong and let me know if i am going ahead in the right direction. Based on this i have to plan my r2i and other things.

lakshmi

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi lakshmi,

Your plan is right. and you are going in the right direction.

i wish there was a uniformity in the cut off age for lkg all over india..when the syllabus is same. bangalore, delhi most schools are following .even in chennai dav gopalapuram the child has to be 6 when in I std.

IF sboa, your son will be admitted to lkg in 2009 and in 2010 he will be rejected if they follow the same rule as was followed for manjunair daughter's case. but most schools take your child for lkg in 4+.

It is your preferences and area that matters...

7. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi lakshmi,

As shanthi said, the age criteria for different schools in Chennai differs. That is my personal experience. As far as SBOA is concerned, the notice board said that children above 4 years will not be considered. But I submitted the application and they called my daughter for interview. She performed well in the interview, but got rejected.

So if you are looking for admission to SBOA, try for 2009 itself, but your kid will not be accepted in DAV or Chinmaya Vidyalayas, where the age criteria is 3 and a half years completed by June.

Now, I have put my child in Schram Academy International School. There also they take children to LKG if they complete 3 years by June. But in my daughter's class, there are many children who are above four years.

She started going to school last month, and I now find that she is able to grasp things easily. So in my opinion, it is better if the age for an LKG kid is 4+ or at least 3 1/2 years.

8. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Thanks dears for the reply. How come SBOA has that condition. GOK. anyway my school options are PSBB KK nagar, DAV Gopalapuram and last would be SBOA. Based on the admission we will rent a place and stay. apart from SBOA i beleive PSBB and DAV's age limit for LKG should be 31/2 as of June. correct me if i am wrong.

Lakshmi

9. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Manju, i saw the schram international school thread and came to know that kids will be shifted from anna nagar to maduravoyal campus for 1st std. how is the admission procedure here? is it very tough? do they ask for recomendation? pl let me know. i would want to add this school also to my list.

lakshmi