1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Songs for 1.Getting up and going to work 2.Running errands 3.Workout 4. Sleep

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by MeenLoch, Aug 18, 2010.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

What would you play on your music player/ipod for above mentioned parts of day.

I like peppy songs with lot of beats for workouts to get my heart beat up.

For late night, I love old kannadasan songs the best. They have philosophical flavor which makes them best night time companions.

Evenings I prefer carnatic. Coffee and kutcheries go together for me.

Running errands - I like some random selection, ilairaja's a lot of times

Mornings - Age old suprabhatam. But I am looking for other options.

Pour your ideas

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shrividya,

early morning, it is mostly vishnu saharsranamam, lakshmi/lalitha sahasranamam. other days it is sirgazhi's songs or somedays it is bajans by udayalur/haridoss..it depends.

while working, it is more of a romantic and feel good numbers for me and most of that is based on carnatic base any age/any composer..and i am partial to ghazals too.

workouts, nothing can beat the hips don't lie style songs for the peppiness..methinks...

evening give me carnatic music and there is nothing that can beat it..hmm freshly brewed filter coffee and cm..join me..most days it is thematic, like i am in a mood for some lifting then it is based on those type of ragas..kaapi, bilahari..

sleep - give me hariprasad chaurasia's renditions..and i listen to ahirbhairav renditions that are good for my digestions and also rag bageswari that promotes good sleeping..
    these days it is mostly recorded compositions of dd's keyboard playing..if nothing works i switch back to jagjit singh, ghulam ali nothing beats listening to their renderings in a very silent environment.

P.S. spidey looks like you don't want to leave DR. alone..