1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Son-in-law's Duty For His In-laws

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Parry22, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

How do you enforce this discipline when you don't trust his mother? Is there a reason why you won't trust his mother with your baby?

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

True. Probably putting "some" Men would have made the statement more appropriate n I realised it after you mentioned about not generalizing it. I get your point.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

What a perfect post:clap2:

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

W
    What a childish response!
    Don't know why, you as a man, should come and lecture women about sharing their experience and perspectives, when you can't even remotely relate to the complex issues we face in such scenarios . You can give your idea , that's it. Do not try to micromanage other responders' responses.

5. sandhya2020

I also agree with you that both sons and daughter have the same responsibilities. Many of the marital issues would be solved when more people think like this.

Anusha2917 and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Good that you changed your opinion from this “There is no basic rule for duty, but he can showminimum courtesy , especially at a sensitive timesuch as funeral.” to agreeing that both genders have the same responsibility.

7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

When you post something in a public forum be prepared to defend your statement instead of playing the woman card.

8. sandhya2020

When did I expect her to live with her inlaws? I have never advocated anything like that . Do not put words in my mouth and accuse me with outright- LIES.

And I really do not appreciate your stalking my appreciative responses to other responders on this thread.

I've been consistent in this thread about my views that the main responsibility of parents' lies on the son/daughter and the spouses can simply support them that's it i.e not stopping them and giving any required support, and showing respectful behaviour . Also, I've always maintained my consistent view in this forum, that it is the son, rather than the daughter-in-law who has the main duty towards his parents.

The son/daughter in law owes respect and good behaviour towards them. The responsibility is their own daughter's/son's. There is no basic rule for daughter-in-law /son-in-law (financial, physical care) , and I stick to this vew. I've always maintained the same when SILs who are not taking any responsibility of parents, come here and complain that "bhabi is not taking care of my parents/bhabi not willing to live in joint family/ not handing over her finances/ why is bhabi visiting her parents so often."

What is wrong in this , it means that he can atleast show minimum courtesy so I'm shocked he didn't even do that, and asking her to investigate.

This is a totally incorrect interpretation of my statement. I'm not saying he should show as minimum courtesy as possible and that's it !! Nowhere have I supported her husband's behaviour !! I'm here to give helpful suggestions to a distressed OP and not to provoke .That is my main purpose replying here.

It is still fine if you had a doubt about my sentence, and I've immediately clarified your doubt soon after in my next message .

Still, you are obsessed with my responses, and I don't appreciate it.

I'm not playing woman's card, rather asking you to not micromanage/police how women express the complex issues they face, I'm also wary of men who accuse women of using the woman card and pretending to empathies with women and their issues at the same time. Anyway I'm done arguing with a person who refuses to see basic logic and keeps accusing me of false things and also using unnecessary language like ""playing wpman's card . I've made myself clear and I am not interested in engaging further with you.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Anusha2917 likes this.
  9. sandhya2020

so true...

chanchitra likes this.