1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Someday, I wish to have a beautiful mind" by Janani Gopalakrishnan

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Induslady, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

[​IMG] You are most welcome, Janani. Will be on the look out for more articles from you.
    And I will try to summon enough courage to contribute articles to IL.
    I have found a treasure trove in Indusladies website and am most grateful to God for that. Thank you Indusladies.:thankyou2:

2. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

dear gjanani,
    ur post was interesting..
    i was also going through the others reactions..
    dear varalotti... dont u think there is a fragrance of male chauvinism in ur reply?

1 person likes this.
  3. gjanani

gjanani New IL'ite

Thanks Bindu!

And Gem... look forward to your articles :)

Cheers!
    Janani

1 person likes this.
  4. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi janani,

great maturity for your age. In todays Deccan Herald Shri Ravi Shankar has said that we should be in a state of awareness as we go through our daily activities.
    He has also said (in one of his writings) that Meditation is anything we do in the state of awareness. As you have rightly said "be concious, stop for a while or count till ten.
    Though I have never attended any of his lectures or courses I like his writings since it is easy to understand and follow. Once he wrote on how to acquire virtues.
    He says virtues are there in each one of us, We just have to use them.

So lets say we are all born with beautiful mind, which has been polluted by our needless worries, actions and reactions. All we need to do is to clear up this unwanted garbage.

bye for now. We all will continue walking in this journey together.

regards latha:wave

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear janani,

When I read 'Beautiful mind' I am reminded of the Hollywood movie by the same title. I feel that a true scientist's mind is a beautiful mind as has been portrayed in the movie. Unrestrained thinking, wild imagination, unbiased thoughts, seeking truth are some of the characteristics of the beautiful mind. A child like mind is also a beautiful mind. I am sure when one attempts a beautiful mind the body also becomes beautiful automatically. Your write-up is great, thought-provoking.

Regards,

TDU

6. gjanani

gjanani New IL'ite

Thanks Latha and TDU :)

7. girija99

girija99 New IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi
    I feel good that people of ur age hv started thinking of 'beautiful mind'. My experience says that a person of ur calibre and thinking should proceed to think of transcending the ugly and the low. I don't understand why we hv such great attachment for ' beautiful' things, feelings and ofcourse minds?
    It will be very pragmatic to see the low and ugly as joyfully as beautiful things. I know I am confusing u but to be frank I don;t agree that ' beautiful' has any definition and so how can we aim at it?

8. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

That's a very beautiful post coming from a beautiful mind Janani, and I really envy you for reaching such an enlightenment in such a young age! As Varalotti sir rightly said, it is time to emphasize on a beautiful mind, a beautiful self and stop focusing on external beauty. Sadly, we spend a lot of time trying to tame our physical appearance, which diminishes over time and lose sight of the internal appearance, which only glows(and grows)more and more over time.