1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Thoughts On Valentine’s Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Some Thoughts On Valentine’s Day​

The morning papers brought some good news and cheer on this cold wintery day in Jaipur, when I read that Facebook owner Mark, and his wife, are second on the list of charity givers, giving away some 500 million dollors, worth in Indian rupees some 2500 crores.

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's $500 Million Charity Donation - The Hollywood Reporter

The biggest is of course Warren Buffet, of whom I am a big fan, for I admire his simplicity and down to earth habits. In fact I have written a blog about him , comparing him to Vijay Mallaya, andu can read it here. Written in 2007, I compared the lifestyle of VM and WB, and see today, VM is bankrupt, and WB is thriving and giving to charity.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ion/15300-vijay-mallaya-vs-warren-buffet.html

What is Valentine’s Day ? A day to show love, to buy gifts for yr spouse,beloved, wife, husband ? Just this one day, all other 364 days you don’t even give a rose, nor a kiss to your beloved ?

We can love all through the year, it does not need one day to show your love. Just as you have a bedridden family member at home, can you shower extra time and attention and care to him or her, just on one day of the year ? No if you love the person, you have to take care of the person all through the year , why just one day called “ Sick Person;s Day !!!!!!!

I have never bought my wife a rose, a peice of jewellery , or a piece of garment on this day.In fact I did not know this day existed till a few years back , thanks to theinternet. I buy her what ever she wants, whenever she wants, all through the year, I don’t hold back, and when I have money to spare, that is Valentine’s day for us.What is the use , if it is Valentine’s day, and u don’t have the money to buy her what she wants eh ! Better money in your pocket.

I feel this and other such days are gimmicks to sell cards.My youngest daughter, is born this Valentine Day, and today is her birthday, she got engaged last month and her first Valentine after her engagement.

And I tell my daughter Seema, that when you get married, I will give less dowry for the fact that your husband will save money, to give you two gifts, one on your birthday and one on Valentine, for both fall on the same day, So over the years your hubby will save so much money on gifts. HAHA

See what a great planner I am, how I planned the birth of Seema on this day. Just joking friends, just joking.

But I remember an old joke, that if u conceive on Valentine’s day, that is 14th Feb, you will deliver on Children’s day, that is 14th November, exactly 9 months apart. Smart one that eh !!!!! And the doctors will confirm that you are going to be a mother on 8th march, that is 3 weeks later, and 8th march happens to be MOTHER’S DAY. HAHAHAHAHAHA

And I guess if we give love to our close ones all through the year, why not make it a point to give money and love on Valentine’s day to lonely inmates of old age homes, to lonely neighbours, give them roses, some good hot home food, share our time and money with them, let them look forward to V day, so they get someone who comes over to meet them, and remove for a moment the cloud of lonliness, which is like termite, it eats in your guts all the time.

Laxmi mittal, was recently asked, that Bill gates is donating so much, what do u pledge, he said I am too young to think of donating money !!!!! And dear friend he is elder to Gates by a few years, but too young to donate.

And Malaya, can donate his planes now , they can be put in public parks, for children to play in them, remember that park in santacruz Mumbai where there is a toy plane. Well VM can have a real plane installed eh !

Smile friends.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Man with gun goes in Bank and robs it.
    He asks a customer “ Did u see me rob the bank” ?
    Customer – Yes
    The robber shoots the man dead.

The robber sees a couple , and asks the frightened man “ Did u see me rob the bank”?
    The man says “ No I did not, but my wife saw “ !!!!!

MORAL OF THE STORY – WHEN OPPORTUNITY STRIKES, USE IT !!!!!

Only a man understands another man

Customer – I want to buy a ladies watch
    Salesman – Do u want for your wife, or I show u a branded watch ?

Global Warming issued in public interest

Don’t meet girls during Monsoon
    Or
    They will become “ Mom”s soon !!!!!

A woman walks up to an obnoxious drunk and tells him “ if u were my husband I would poison yr drink .
    Drunk – And if I was yr husband, I would gladly drink it !!!!!!

A new poster outside Banks in theyear 2015

Petrol and Diesel loans available !!!!!

WE understand the value of life after death
    You did not understand ?
    Here is kamalji’s explantation

Zinda Murga – 100 bucks
    Tandoori chicken – 400 bucks/-

What a message this one is, read on.

When u re arrange the words see what u get

DILIP VENGSARKAR – u get SPARKLING DRIVE
    PRINCESS DIANA – u get END IS A CAR SPIN
    MONICA LEWINSKY - u get – NICE SILKY WOMAN
    THE EYES - u get – THEY SEE ???????

THE CLASSIEST ONE IS THIS

MOTHER IN LAW - u get WOMAN HITLER !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    11 people like this.

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,

It was nice to read your thoughts about VDay..And yes i too dont believe that this day is meant to show love,but maybe we can use this day to donate or do some kind of charitable works because again we do it out of humanly love..

3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Wow Kamal bro your write up brought a smile on my face. First for the calculations you have made about conceiving on February 14 and delivering on Children's day and doctor's confirmation on 8th March that is on mother's day. But if everything happens according to what we think how nice it would be. I am happy to know that it is your daughter's Birthday today and congrats on her engagement.. Here is my wish for her

On this special day, I wish you all the very best, all the joy you can ever have and may you be blessed abundantly today, tomorrow and the days to come! May you have a fantastic birthday and many more to come... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Today is my brother in law's birthday too. To make him happy I informed his close relations about his birthday and they all wished him and he was very happy. He has completed 70 years today . Today was also my ex boss's birthday and after more than 10 years I phoned him and wished him thinking I am giving him surprise but I was surprised when he recognised my voice. It was his 50th birthday today.

True if we go and see old people and give them some money on Valentine's day they will be very happy. Good thoughts Kamal bro and wish you a Happy Valentine's day

After reading your snippet I first went and nominated and then came here to give my fb. I thought mine is the first fb but by the time I posted Srihere had already posted.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Happy Birthday to your DD and congratulations to your family on the engagement! Agreed about V day - we should show the caring and sharing with other people as well. As for charity, well thank God for the warren Buffets and the Bill gates of the world - we have a choice of looking up to the right kind of people just to keep doing what we should at what ever level it is possible for us!

Loved your jokes....especially the zinda murga and the tandoori chicken one :)

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I completely agree that valentines day is a gimmick to sell cards and the so called gifts(from teddy bears to heart shaped pillows) just like "Akshaya tritiya"..that one is created by the jewelers to sell their gold at a higher rate.
    I seriously cant connect to this date.Because it doesn't have any significance in my life.There are more important days like the day on which i met my husband for the first time or the day we got engaged or even better the day we got married...these are days i can connect to.

I dont have anything against those who celebrate valentines day... Everyone has their own opinion right??

So let me end this one with a joke

Jim asked his friend, Tony, whether he had bought his wife anything for Valentine's Day.
    'Yes,' came the answer from Tony who was a bit of a chauvinist, 'I've bought her a belt and a bag.'
    'That was very kind of you,' Jim added, 'I hope she appreciated the thought.'
    Tony smiled as he replied, 'So do I, and hopefully the vacuum cleaner will work better now
    :)

6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Good thoughts sir....:thumbsup

Jokes too good :rotfl

And congratulations to your dd....:shhh: were you able to get our claws on those chocolates? :)

7. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Hello Kamalji,

I think this is really a wonderful thought and something to ponder upon, which I did not think of once until now!

Wish your daughter a belated happy birthday :)

8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

My dear kamalji
    Please wish seema a wonderful bday! OH...yes....for me every single day is Valentine and this Valentine falls in lent.......so it was very solemn!
    Mega

9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Perfectly agree with you. Yes, we give our love to close ones anyway...why not to some lonely persons, OAH or neighbours or any random act to anyone who is pining for affection, which an convey our love and affection. Very very noble idea. It does not need any big money...only a little thought.

I too like Warren Buffet. I was reading somewhere..one very very rich guy (I don't want to name) bought a very very costly car to bring home his new born three day old baby from hospital!

Two, three days back I got a forward in my mail box about IKEA owner Ingvar Kamprad (worth 15 billion), his simple life style.

Thank you for a good one.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi kamalji,

Uncanny.... I must say, for I just read about Mark Z and his wife being the second biggest philanthropist and was thinking how great to be like that at 28 and here i see you have written on the same topic. :)

Congratulations to S ( now being your friend, suddenly a joke struck me... If you keep calling S 'seema' beware ...soon one seema may come and spoil your domestic bliss by claiming to be your long lost daughter LOL) .

wonderful thought about doing a good deed on V day . I feel so selfish that I only thought about me and my family and had a good time.:hide: anyway will keep that in mind for all the special days :)

1 person likes this.