1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some suggestion on managing DD from party

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sumaticg, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear All

I am really upset and worried of taking my daughter2.5yrs to any house where there is kids. Last night we went to party to my friend's house she was playing happily. When we started she didnt want to part with the toys she yelled cried and literally i got to force her to the car. It was very late @ night.
    My question is how to manage and plan and take her out of any active party back home. Last week also she did the same in one lunch party. Plesae suggest here any food party they start very late and end late.

Please pour in ur experience and suggestion

2. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

it could be that shes getting too tired..
    shes at the age where they like to assert their likes and dislikes , so fights over toys etc happen.. But the one thing you can do is look out for triggers..
    We noticed it with our LO that if it was gettign much past the bedtime, the tantrums and tears etc start for simple things.. either we see if there is an option to get LO to sleep around bed time if the party is at any home, if not, we make an early exit.. people found it strange, but we do what works for us.. the bed times are delayed, but we know LO's threshold, so any hr or 2 max past bed time is what we would stay.. we tried it a few times and it really made a difference..

3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear Lotusgirl

Thanks right i did the same yesterday and prepared her that we will leave our friends house an hour earlier. She was ready and returned all the toys n said good bye.I ll do the same if it is a night party.

4. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Yeah lotus girl was right... kid starts crying for silly things if they feel sleepy.. they sometimes deny to go to bed also..

5. shruthi10

shruthi10 New IL'ite

She may be tired. You can try distracting her with something. Or bring her fav toys and tell her firmly that the other toys are not hers. Also, you can bring her fav snacks so she can be distracted when you offer her the snacks....if she gives back the toys, u can tell her that she is a good gal and give positive feedback.