Some Special Temples

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by malspie, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

Re: chilkur- sri balaji temple

it was beleived that visiting temple once taking the darshanam and doing 11 pradakshanas devotees pray for a boon.. wht the boonwas fullfilled the wil visit the temple again and do 108 pradakshans.. its all the God's miracle. and in the temple premises we can see both lord vishnu and shiva's temples... Thus this temple is also called as 2nd tirupati..

2. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

the speciality of the temple is that inside the temple we dont have any "hundis" that is the devotees donot offer anything to the god except like flowers, fruits, coconuts.

3. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

STORY OF TEMPLE:

There was a poor pilgrim by name Gunala Madhava Reddy who used to go to Tirupathi every year, by foot. As he grew old, it became very difficult for him to make such a tedious journey, yet he never ceased to visit Tirumala every year. In that particular year while he was going to Tirumala, unable to bear the strain, he fainted. Then he got a wonderful vision in which Lord Balaji appeared and said, " you need not go to Tirumala to have my Darshan. I am here in an anthill under the tree". Sri Madhava Reddy woke up, called all the villagers and went to a "Valugu Tree" under which they found the anthill. When they started digging they found blood on the tip of the crowbar and from the anthill they heard a voice saying, "you need not dig further. My body is burning. If you pour milk on the anthill, I will appear". The villagers stopped digging and poured milk on the anthill. The anthill melted and the idol of Lord Venkateswara in the middle with Sri Sridevi and Sri Bhoodevi on either side emerged. The Lords Shanku, Chakram, Abhayahastham and Sharanayathathvam are very clear establishing the fact that he is Lord Vishnu himself.
    Some of the special features of the idol are that Sri Sridevi and Bhoodevi are made of same stone, and the idol of Ammavaru has lotus flowers in 3 hands and Sharanayathathvam in the fourth hand. About 300 years back a Gujarati Mahant came and decorated the idol with immense devotion. He then got a dream in which Lord appeared like Srinathji of Nathdwara. Hence, Vallabh Sampradayam is followed even now in the temple. The temple is very popular among Gujaratis too. Initially only Garbha Gruha was there. Akkanna and Madana got built the arches. In 1914, the flooring was got done by C.T Dalal. Smt. Vyjayanthimala Bali and Smt.Bhanumati Ramakrishna very famous cine actresses of yester-years donated required amount for the preparation of Uthsava Vigraham (procession idol) of Ammavaru. 1962 is the year when war broke out between India and China.
    The amazing fact is that on the day of its consecrati on, cease-fire was declared between the two countries. That is why, the goddess is called Rajyalakshmi Ammavaru. In those days, the temple did not have water. Therefore, the devotees had to get water by pots from a distance of 4 to 5 miles. As such, the devotees decided to dig a well next to the lake. While the digging was in progress, some of the devotees circumambulated the temple praying for water. There was no water to the depth of 40 feet. After they completed eleven circumambulations, sufficient water oozed out from the well. After that, the devotees completed another 108 circumambulations.

Attached Files:

4. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

Re: chilkur- sri balaji temple 2nd tirupati

DO"S AND DO NOT"S:

As per the local legend,anyone desirous of seeking a wish fulfillment from chilkur Balaji must first make 11 pradakshinas at the temple and after it’s granted, one must return to perform 108 pradakshinas as a way of expressing gratitude. And by the look of it, wishes are granted aplenty here. Those doing the rounds at almost a frenzied pace to reach the 108 target far outnumber the first-timers who amble along at a more relaxed pace.
    Cash donations are neither expected nor accepted. offer donations in kind instead-like kukkum rice,sugar,etc.

Floral/coconut offerings are not allowed inside the sanctum sanctorum nor accepted by thepriest. So, be ready to crack the coconut yourself.

Don’t forget to carry a pen and take the numeric card (given free).It will make your circumambulatory thanks to the lord that much easier to carry out.

Eat,especially before you start off on the 108 pradakshinas.The Lord or His servents should not be blamed if you can’t sustain the physical exertion.

Take regular breaks beetwen the circumambulations.It’s only human if you head’s spinning from going round and round, so rest.

Last, but not the least ,remember not to close your eyes during darshan . Balaji idol here has four hands

5. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

so when next time u visit hyd dont 4get to go 4 chilkur balaji temple.

Bus routes: from mehdipatnam, near JAYABHUSHAN hospital u have many spl .buses that shuttle mehdipatnam - chilkur (journey time :1 hr appx.)

6. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

ppl who ever visit this plz keep a reply post..it favours me a lot

7. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

hi jaanu,

Thank you very much for the information about Chilukur Balaji temple. Twice we visited the temple but don't know the story. Once again thank you very much.

Alivelu.

8. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

u are very much welcome alivelu..:thankyou2: for ur reply..

9. ramalav

ramalav New IL'ite

HI Jaanu,
    Thanks very much for the temple story. I didn't know that b4.
    V have visited the temple when v were there in hyd. and really Lord Balaji has fulfilled our wish when v did the 11 pradhakshanas.
    And later v offered our gratitude like 108 pradhashanas to the God.

Really a powerful god

Rama

10. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jannu,

Last time when i came to Hyd i didnt get a chance to go to the temple.

hope atleast this time i will make it.

Thanks for the pics, feels like i visited the temple.