1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Simple Pleasures of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Great .... Your simple pleasures are great and gives lot of insight.... I was told that my BP level is increasing by the Docs... After reading this I have to follow your advice... watching the beautiful girls and walking in the reverse... Great... When Shanthi finds out, I can say, it is your idea I am following... hahahahahahaha...

My simple pleasures are:

- Watching movie with snacks with the family.
    - Playing with my kids, tickling and fighting with DS.
    - Buying new dress for my kids/DW. Shopping with them... My DS will invariably bring some stupid toy and I will tell him a big NO.. He will go back and come back with another one and again a NO... This will continue non-stop, till we come out.... hahahahaha....
    - Making a tent with the bedheet in the bed and having cofee inside that with my kids... They love it... Shanthi hates it, as there will not be much space for her also to enter...
    The list goes on.......

Veda

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Yet another hilarious blog from you and you made my day. My SIL was wondering what am i doing in room sitting alone and laughing to myself.

If we can derive pleasure from small things in life...i am sure there will be less space for depressions. I wish more people learned to appreciate these small things instead of cribbing all day long.

My pleasure in life:

- A peck in the morning from my DH the day when i get up later than him and provided he is around.
    - having guests, either over for lunch or dinner or staying overnight. My house is normally brimming with activity.
    - when i help someone in times of need.
    - when someon calls back and says they had a great time with us.
    - when i go to office and they say they missed me (now i don't go oftern, recently i went to office after 6 weeks)
    - the time i get to spend with my DH on weekends or somedays in the mornings when he can afford to go late by an hour or so.
    - The chirping of the birds early morning(which we miss in Pune)
    - shopping for gifts for friends and family.

I can go on and on

Warm regards
    Roopa.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Meeta,

So u love watering plants and talk to them too ! Kishore kumar used to do that.A nice list, and thanks for sharing it.Dont u agree with me, these pleasures cost so little, and thrill u so much, nahin ?

Regards.kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

Well the reverse walking u can always blame it on me .Shanti will understand.REg the tent thing,dont u make a tent big enough for u and just Shanti inside, but not the kids !
    Think that over, that will give great pleasure to Shanti.BowThanks for sharing yr pleasures.So hows life out there in the middle east man.Regards.kamal

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear kamalji,

oh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i understand why old men go for walks in the mornings.....................so good advices you are giving to all men in our IL..........great ya..........

enjoyed all those pleasures what u had quoted here................
    here are mine too..................

when the buds blooms into a flower in the morning when i go out to see my plants...........my God i am so happy..............
    when my hubby calls me and says he is coming home early 10pm in the night, otherwise he comes only after 12pm.
    when people call me and ask me about my health
    when my daughters do the household work, when i fall sick.............they are so understanding............
    when my 2nd daughter 9 yrs old, counting every pie to spend
    and the list goes on..................

bye
    love
    padma

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Roopa,

Laughter is the best medicine they say.So kindly pay my fees for today.That is by commenting more on my blogs.I hope these fees are ok.bonk

Arnt husbands supposed to kiss their wives ? thats in the contract of marriage i suppose ! But anyway he does it won his own, so that a bonus Aruna.HAHA

Yr list is good.Yes sa,e here when someone says he had a great time wit us.Good list.Regards.kamal

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Kamalji,
    The thread gives clarity of some simple pleasures and when i was reading it,i am a not enjoying the pleasures but visualising them .That itself gives more enjoyment.Stepping back ,i really enjoyed two points
    1)Morning tea--for me both morning and the evening filter coffe gives me total enjoyment

2)Secondly watching pretty woman lowers cholesterol/bp.Some men feel happy,relaxed,their mood changes on seeing or talking to a pretty woman.They knew well.additionally when they hear it as an information it goes a long way.I like to quote a physics theorem(or fact or formula,exactly i don't knew ).I think it comes as an application of the theorem.
    "If you are waiting for a train to arrive,even a minute seem like an hour,but on the other hand if you aresitting in front of a beautiful girl even an hour seem like a second"....

I was just kidding and adding fun to the thread.Please don't mistake me....

Other simple pleasures goes like
    a brisk evening walk
    preparing a dish/sweet
    reading thought provoking books....

Thanks for sharing.......

BC

8. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Kamalji
    Very nicely written. This is very true that actual pleasures of life comes from nature & dont cost much.

Once one of our friend commented that the only thing we miss in a small urban city is that we dont get so many pretty women to watch them & enjoy their beauty.
    This is said that the true relief for middle aged people is when they can visit loo after a long urgency.

Watching birds is very pleasurable specially when after eating Dana Pigions dances around each other & u can tell by their size which one is male & which is female.

Watching sea waves gives me immense plesure So is cooking for my DH & daughters.

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Again a nice one from you,Kamalji! The small things that make us happy do not depend on money or fame or even good health. My father found many lil joys when he was on a hospital bed during his last days.I learnt then that we just have to learn to find the things that make us happy.

I love watching babies and toddlers. Them holding my one finger in their tiny hands.

My husband comes home at 6.30pm and we have dinner. Then watch Spin City at 7pm. This daily ritual is the centre point and happiest part of my day. It kind of reinforces all I believe in marriage, companionship and happiness in silence. When I dont follow any American usage or joke, he explains. I rejoice more admiring my wise husband.

I love talking to my mom twice a day. Just the sound of her voice calms me down. Neither of us have any major news to report or discuss, but the conversation is always long and happy.

On Sunday nights, husband and I watch a movie (just any movie) after a simple meal of curd rice. This is again a ritual that makes me relaxed and happy.

Love the sea, the greenery in Kerala, hot chips that we buy on the roadside, love to see my lil garden growing well, love to see my husband's check up report being normal- thanks to God, my life is abundant of small pleasures.

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello kamalji

enjoyed reading
    each one of those splendid
    simple pleasures
    tuffy's good morning lick
    takes the crown
    birdie stuff just like me
    love to watch them
    waiting their turn to eat
    the squirrels to jump the que
    watching girls ji ji
    i love the drizzle
    rain brings in light breeze
    that blows tendrils gay
    hot hot food
    cooked with love....
    garden blooms always a pleasure
    reading a book
    with a warm drink
    rocking to and fro
    wish a hammock free...
    moonlit night...
    and dear MS to sing
    simple pleasures
    the list sure is long...
    that was a nice trip through pleasure lane...

sathya