1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Simple Pleasures of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Ovivya,

Yes Simple things are the best, just like fresh home made hot fresh food, it oculd be a simple Dal Roti, which will give u more pleasure than expensive 5 star Food, what say !

Regards.kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Vaidehi,

Your list is good.I agree with all of them.
    Actually there are so many things, it was not possible to list all of them for fear of the readers falling asleep midway thru the blog.bonk

Thanks and Regards.kamal

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal
    Talking of simple pleasures, I remember a saying of Kin Hubbard.
    "Fun is like life insurance; the older you get, the more it costs"!
    So naturally, as a man grows older , he'll start looking for simpler pleasures of life as they would cost him next to nothing! At 65, the crow cawing gives me as much pleasure as the cuckoo!
    Sri

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

That saying about the insurance was class.Never heard it, but true nonetheless.

You and me will aways remain young for time immorial.Look at Khushwant Singh in his ninties, and u at 60's and me at 50's.We will remain young always, though physically we may not be able to do many things that younger people can.Big LaughBut now that most of my responsibilties are over, i have moer time to look to nature and the simpler joys of life.

I feel happy, that touch wood i dont have diabities, and i can savour Rice and potatoes,that i can eat Namkins and Spicy stuff,which the younger generations takes for granted, but seeing guys our age with diseases, I am grateful to the lord at every meal, that i can eat what i want.Though wife scolds me everyafternnon when i bite into a choclate,Cadbury, just 5 bucks,but she must crib, that i must take care of myself.

And i get joy when i get the report of the Lab, which says, kamal boss, yr cholestrols and sugar are within limits,that gives me great plesure.

For me, it has to be a bird, any bird to give me pleasure that comes to my humble den for its daily peck.Glad the neighbours are misers, and dont put bajra for the birds to eat.I have no competition in this neighbourhood.

So when are u coming this side Sri, with yr wife.Give me the pleasure of being yr host, and sitting and drinking and chatting with the Great Man himself.It will be a pleasure.

Thanks and Regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti,

I loved yr pleasures, so small but so wonderful.So u like to hold hands still with Veda eh ! i feel very embarassed with Harsha (my wife), in public we behave like brother and sister.Big LaughGood one.Regards.kamal

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Kamal,

You are enjoying your life to the fullest. These are not simple pleasures but the most valuable ones which God has given us and we try to ignore and run to the imaginary ones. I may not be able to list out the way you have done but i will try:

I love to hear the birds chirp in the morning, it maketh me feel very happy.
    When I am making my tea, I look at the pigeon sitting a little away from my window sill, (he sits there everyday), if he is not fluttering with the noises that I make with my vessels in the kitchen, I get concerned, I wait for few seconds and observe him, hope he is fine, why is sitting, why has he puffed himself a bit more, the weather is hot, is he unwell?

I love to have a look outside and see people hustling and bustling to reach their goal. I am happy, they have something to look up to every day, ask this to a man who has no job in hand. I say a small prayer.

I keep my dustbin outside for the cleaner to come and empty it, I look at my neighbours door, oh, its open and I can hear laughter their. Nothing to worry, I am happy.

I look out of the window travelling to my office, listening to the songs and watching the flora and a few fauna around.

I am happy to cook a dish of my friend's taste and carry it in my lunch box.

I look at the dogs on the streets, somehow I have a count of them a new one is quickly noticed by me.

I am thrilled, if I get to go out of my office campus and have lunch with my friends.

I am equally thrilled, when I have to pick gifts for my friends.

The list is endless...
    Hope I have not bored you here..

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    I really enjoyed reading all the simple pleasure especially the Lady walkers..hilarious..also shared with dh who agrees totally..keep blogin..

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mals,

That is a wonderful list.the pigeon one is damn good, as well as watching the flowers on yr way to office.god will always bless u with happiness.Regards.kamal

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear kamalji,
    A nice write up.......
    When I am in a perfect mood, I feel the simple pleasures with everything I see......I do.......but when my mood is off, the colorful world becomes beige for me.....
    Anyways, I feel gr8 to count the new leaves in my small apartment plants......I have around 10 plants in my appartment and every night, afetr dinner I use to water them and talk to them...it gives me a lot of happiness and I feel like rearing my own children.......
    I feel happy with my everyday chatting with my mom......there is nothing new to talk daily for an hour.....but I feel gr8 and relaxed after talking to her.......
    I feel happy when I got compliments from DH for the surprise dishes I made, when I reach home earlier than him........
    I feel happy when somebody likes my gift for him/her......
    Walking around the streets (of USA) and the evening walks in the summer.....
    When I get more points in badminton while playing with my DH or my younger brothers......(these people taught me playing badminton) ......

So, my list of happiness is endless.......
    Regards.

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Chitra,

I should meet yr DH.He and me share a lot in common eh !Thanks for the nice words.Regards.kamal