1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Simple Pleasures of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 6, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

which doc kamalji,
    now u remind me of another doc who used to write vat 69 for my hubby to be cured..sunkan

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Another beautiful write up from you had a good laugh.

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

I dont remember the Doc's name.I keep changing them as they dont agree to my views.My dad used to say, go to that doc who dosnt stop u from yr vices, but who comes to yr home to have a quick peg and a small leg.This guy gives me all teh freedom.:bowdownRegards.kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,

A smile a day keeps the Doc away, wont u agree !BowRegards.kamal

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kamalji,

Some simple pleasures that I enjoy are:

I like to see children play.

I love to see toothless children laugh. Especially the 5 year old's who have two missing front teeth. 5 year old's laugh for everything and it sounds like a glass jar filled with marbles.

I like the sight of dressed up dogs. Here in the US, we come across dogs dressed according to the season. During summer, I see them wearing Ray-ban glasses and their hair tied up in beautiful bows. During winters, I see them in Dog-kins err....I mean Dog Jerkins. These dogs are such a fortunate lot...they get better perks than humans. Shall I look for a suitable match amoung them for your Tuffy? But he may have to become a Ghar Jamai!

I love shopping on the road-side in India. But I am a poor bargainer. I have never learnt the art of bargaining.

I love to travel by bus and trains. When we were new to the US and did not own a car, we roamed the city by trains and bus.

I love to sing to my heart's content inside my home when no one is around. What to do, Kamalji, if I sing when someone is around they will not come back to speak to me ever again :hide:.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivedi,

Hey thats a nice list.Shopping and singing eh !Well even i am poor at bargaining really.

REg Singing , same is the case with me.I just remember the first or the second line of a sing, and cant sing the rest of the lines.HAHA.

And as i said before, it is bnetter to be a dog in America than a human in Asia.The perks are better.:bullshitThanks and regards.kamal

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear kamalji

Very very nice and hearty write up by u............i really enjoyed to the core.and i cant control my laugh...........Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh:spin:spin:spin..........

U have really made my day...........with ur honest write up........and i agree with u for almost everything.........whether it may be kiss by dog , or seeing ladies/girls while walking........birdseating............everything

LIFE IS TO LIVE AND ENJOY ............and MAKE OTHERS HAPPY .that is my motto.........

Thank u very much for such a nice write up and sharing it with us...........

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Lata,

They say " Laughter is the best medicine.And i have given u the medicine first thing in the morning.Where are my fees ?Bow

Thanks for bring a smile to my face, after reading yr warm comments.Keep commeniting, that is my fees.Regards.kamal

9. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,

It is so nice and interesting. I enjoyed reading it.

And I believe in that, too. I would mention it as,'little treats'.....

I would always make sure that all in my family, obviously, me too, are getting those by taking care of other's feelings and small expectations. It makes the whole family harmonious. Creates a very pleasant environment.
    It is a such a small thing which results in enormous pleasure making everybody's day...

A very big list would come if I start.....Like to mention this; my DH's and mine - the personal space in which we would like to do something of our favourites...And the kids are almost taken care of with regard to their feelings as long as it doesn't constitute adamancy.

Regards,
    Oviya.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  10. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

Nice to read ur simple pleasures, u made my day.

True....simple pleasures can get us so much happiness,its uncomparable.

My list of pleasures would be.....

1.when i get a chance to feed someone who is hungry, whether it used to be my maid back in India or the kids on the streets begging for alms.
    2. i like to listen to my son's nonsense talks, and they way he tries to communicate with other kids.... is fun to watch.
    3. i love to watch water flowing and can keep hearing to its sound .
    4. Birds chirping,and the koel singing early in the morning.
    5. i like to watch snow claded mountains, and rays of sun emmiting thru the them.

Thanks for a hillarious post.

cheers
    vaidehi