Some ready to use syrups

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Chitvish, Aug 25, 2005.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

You read my mind actually. Most of things that I do for God, is a message that I get when I am praying. Visit this temple, offer this, do this, I keep following those divine orders. I have never failed. This was long pending, due to my illness, I was postponing it for sometime. It did not come out fully well, after offering it as prasad, I added little more Jaggery to it. Now, it tastes good. I was expecting a small disaster.. he he.. Big LaughBig Laugh. I had Made it in a huge handi was worrying what would I do, if the project fails. Your sentence of adding more ingredients as per requirement, boosted my morale.. Luckily, had to add a little more jaggery, Rest is fine. Nice it is. Mals is happy coz of successful prasad making with the help of Chits. Thanks a ton!!

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Panakam concentrate

Hi Anandchitra,

We use to prepare this for Sri Rama Navami and Used to prepare for Lord Sri Lakshmi Narashiman and Lord Hanuman also.

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    As the ready made syrups recipie thread turned out to be a Panakam thread, let me add my own experiences here. My MIL makes Panakam every friday to be offered as a prasad. So we have the sukku podi and elakkai podi ready in our house always.

Recently I came to know from my mom that if you offer Panakam for 4 continuous Pradoshams to Lakshmi Narasimhar and distribute it all your wishes will come true.

To give a little pep to the Panakam my MIL also adds lemon juice to it if it is made in a large number.

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Here is one more news / tip about Panakam, in one temple in Madipakkam they prepare panakam with 'kalkandu' for Pradoshams to Lakshmi Narasimhar and distribute.

5. subharajesh

subharajesh Senior IL'ite

nice receipe... i will try this
    thankyou for sharing

6. Pabitha

Pabitha New IL'ite

Hi chitra mam,
    I'm new to your thread... I am making squashes at home... Once I offered it to friend of mine.. She liked and packed few bottles... Now that she wants to sell it... But never use any preservatives... Can it be on shelves without refrigerator... If yes means how long??? I don't want to add preservatives... I tried hibiscus, mint, lemon and rose milk. And even lemon ginger... I'm surfing for help from yesterday... Just found your thread!!! I reside in Salem
    And my friend wants to sell in Coimbatore...