Some ready to use syrups

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Chitvish, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Panakam concentrate

Panakam Concentrate:

Lime juice 1 cup

Jaggery powdered well 3 cups

Dry ginger powder 2 tsp

Cardamom powder 2 tsp

Pepper powder 2 tsp (optional )

Heat jaggery with 2 cups of water to dissolve. Strain , boil to honey consistency . Add all powders , cool & add lime juice. Refrigerate.

When serving add 1 volume cocentrate, 3 volumes water , 2 ice cubes , mix in a blender & serve.

cv

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Panakam recipe...

Hi Chitvish,

I always wanted this recipe.
    thank u for posting it..

Meena

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

These are ready to use syrups which can be used as and when needed by adding them with water or soda or milk accordingly.

Rose Syrup:
    This could be added with milk in the proportion if 1 part syrup to 3 parts milk.

Ingredients:
    Panneer Rose Petals- 1 Cup
    Cashew Nuts - 1 Cup
    Sugar - 1/4 Cup
    Water - 2Cups
    Rose Water - To use for grinding
    Rose Colour - little
    Citric Acid - 2 pinch

Grind into a thick paste of Rose Petals, Cashew and Rose Water. Add Sugar and Citric Acid to water and heat it till it boils. When the water boils add the ground paste and keep it boiling till it reaches single string consistency. Remove from flame and add colour.

Store it in a clean and dry bottle when it gets cold. Refrigirate it. Whenever needed mix it in the above given proportion and serve it with fresh rose petals and cashews garnishings

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Lemonade Syrup recipe

<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" preview="pirated from recipegoldmine.com" -->Keep this syrup on hand all summer for a quick cold drink.
    2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
    2 cups fresh lemon juice
    2 cups granulated sugar
    1 1/2 cups water
    Mix together rind, juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the water, cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator.
    To serve, put 1/2 cup syrup in a large glass with ice, then fill with water.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rajam,

Your syrup recipes are so nice. Let me also try them out. I'll let you know later. In the meanwhile edit your second recipe Lemonade. Ok.

Latha

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Lathaji,
    I have stored that recipie in my system and I had cut and copied it. While doing so there was a problem. Thanks. Now I have changed it

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Fresh Lemonade Syrup recipe

3 cups sugar
    1 cup boiling water
    3 cups lemon juice (16 lemons)
    2 tablespoons grated lemon peel

Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Cool. Add lemon juice and peel, mixing well to combine. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.

To prepare lemonade for 1 serving, combine 1/4 to 1/3 cup syrup and 3/4 cups cold water in a glass, stirring well.

You can add slices of fresh lemons in the pitcher or a slice slit in the one half of a lemon slice and place it on the glass.

Use it within a week even if you store it in the refrigirator.

8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Handy syrup tips which I got from my aunt:

1. Make fruit syrup by adding 2 cups sugar to 1/2 cup of any kind fruit juice and cooking until it boils.

2. If syrup crystallizes, set the bottle in a pan of cold water. Heat gently and crystals will disappear.

3. A pinch of salt added to boiling syrup prevents crystallization.

4. Pour the syrup from canned fruit into ice cube trays and freeze for later use. They can be added to punch, etc.

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Coffee Syrup recipe

<!--webbot bot="PurpleText" preview="pirated from recipegoldmine.com" --> This syrup is usually stirred into cold milk (2 to 3 tablespoons per glass). It can also be used to flavor milkshakes, or used as an ice cream topping.

The ingredient amounts will vary depending on your coffeemakerfilter size and how much syrup you want to make.

General directions:
    Place enough coffeepowder and pour hot water to make 6 servings. Run the coffee cycle as usual.

When u get, the decoction discard the used coffee grounds and add to the filter a second quantity of coffee sufficient to make 6 servings. This time, instead of adding fresh water, pour the decoction. Run the coffee cycle again. You'll end up with double-strength decoction.

Repeat the process again, using new coffee, but reuse the decoction. In the end, you'll have triple-strength brewed coffee.

Measure the amount of decoction. Add half as much sugar as there is brewed coffee. For example, if you have 5 cups of decoction, add 2 1/2 cups sugar. Stir briskly until the sugar is dissolved. Make sure you add sugar while the coffee is hot so that the sugar dissolves.

Store the syrup in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator. It keeps a very long time.

10. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

Almond- saffron syrup:

Almonds - 1 cup
    saffron - 1/2 gm
    sugar - 2 cups
    water - 1 1/2 cups
    Badam essence - 1 tsp

Soak almonds in hot water and peel them. Put saffron in warm water . Blend both to a fine paste, adding a little water.
    Take a heavy- bottomed pan and add sugar and water to make a syrup. When the syrup starts boiling add the almond paste and stir well to avoid lumps. When the syrup starts boiling add badam essence. Allow it to cool and store in refrigerator.
    Badam milk - Add 2 tsps of syrup with hot milk.
    Badam milk shake - Blend syrup, ice cubes, ice cream or milk.
    You can make simillar syrup with pista and cashew nuts also.

regards
    karthiga.:wave