1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some people look for a beautiful place, others make a place beautiful.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 3, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

It is in our hands to make a place beautiful. The place need not be comfortable. We can make it comfortable according to our choice. Life is about the choices we make. We should have a positive attitude in every situation and try to make the best of each situation. If we leave to the youngsters to make a place beautiful they will make it beautiful by getting good furnitures, decorating the place with modern pictures, making their living room beautiful and kids room with whatever they require and also hang their kids photos from the time they are born till the present day. If left to the elders they would like have a beautiful pooja room where they can be peaceful and pray to God and seek his blessings and thank Him for the life He has given

The life we breathe is given by God. We should be thankful for that. Without His grace we cant live peacefully. So we should be happy with whatever He has given us. If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buy

Many of us think that with money we can be happy. In order to fulfill our daily needs money is a must but money cannot replace relationships. . It cannot buy happiness. It cannot make us truly rich too. A truly rich man is the one whose children run into his arms

Be thankful for the bad things in life,
    f0r they opened your eyes to the good things
    you weren’t paying attention to before .
    The positive thinker sees the invisible , feels the intangible and achieves the impossible .

8 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Padma dear thanks for the superfast like

3. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Good one .. and the timing is really wonderful....I just thought of being thankful to every small blessing that comes my way and started the thread ''Thank you Universe''. I started the thread so that i remind myself about being thankful. See we take it so much for granted ...all the good that flows unto as softly as our breath. Most of the times we are not even conscious of these blessings. But let a small problem come up, it looks like a big elephant to be tackled head on! So, to say my thanks for the blessings that come to me ( even without me asking for them they pour unto my life, that's the best part ) i started the thread and here is another thread which encourages me to move on with a thankful heart ! I agree with you, we should make the place beautiful instead of going in search of it. I remember the quote :"Happiness is something to be practiced like violin."
    Thank you once again for the insight.

2 people like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,

This is very nice one. Even the title is very beautiful...some people look for a beautiful place and some make a place beautiful. I like the sentence money cannot replace relationships. How true !!!

I have nominated this for finest nominations in January.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Padma dear I also visited your thread and gave fb too. Ya we have to be thankful to God for the beautiful life he has given us. Thanks for visiting my thread and expressing your views. Just saw from your profile that you are from Hyderabad. I also was there for 16 years and did my schooling there.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shyamala dear first of all thanks for nominating my thread before giving fb too. You have made my day. May God bless you. Glad you like the tittle and the quote. To tell you the truth I select my tittle and quotes from Google, my best friend

7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear viji,

it is beautifully written a wonderful truth.Absolutely loved it.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

I see you are busy posting in snippets and your titles are enticing though I am yet to read them!:cry:

But this one I got to early thanks to Shyamala's nomination in FP, Congrats!

You are so right. I have a friend who has a house which is a villa and is also decorated accordingly. But she prefers to spend most of the time away from her house and loves my little home and says her place does not give her the happiness!

We are rich when we are surrounded by a loving family and caring friends. Also, we are really rich when we realize this fact.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  9. plantscantalk

plantscantalk Gold IL'ite

Viji ji. Every post of yours has got a philosophy lesson in it.

You are the Vishakha Hari of IL :D.

Kannadasan's legendary lyrics is an apt reminder:

unnakum kizhaye ullavar kodi
    ninaithu paarthu nimadi naadu

a very poor translation attempt:

when deluded, think of the crores of people who are below you in the social ladder and derive peace

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhavna dear thanks for your compliments