1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some One To Talk To From Indus Ladies - Feeling Low

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by star90, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

hello ladies
    I am feeling low since a few days.
    I am not happy with my husband and my life in general and I wish I had some one to talk to.

2. johnrachelss7

johnrachelss7 New IL'ite

Don't worry dear. We are here to help you. You can share your thoughts and we are here to listen.

3. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Talk to anyone here.

Happy to help.

4. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Thank you

I got engaged at 22 years and most of my friends are getting engaged and married now.
    I am not happy with my husband as hes not emotionally available for me.
    Hes like this from engagement period (More than a year) but he promised he would change once we get married.
    Now its been three years and we have not even got mentally or physically close.
    I tried my level best to initiate and plan things together. I am emotionally drained of doing all these things as he is emotionless.

I talked with my parents about how I am unhappy with my husband and my in laws but they ask me to adjust and live. We are staying alone far from both our families. I feel my live is empty.

His proposal came through ä matrimony but we had some acquaintances in common. My parents wanted to get me fixed fast and I chose him over others since we had some acquaintances in common. (By lifes biggest mistake)
    When we used to talk he begged me to marry him saying he was the only person in this world who can love me the most.

We have no kids, no common interests, nothing in similar. we are in compatible .
    I feel so unhappy when i realise , I have no friend, lover, companion in my husband.
    I have friends but they are all busy with their boyfriends or husbands. I initially thought to have a baby to fill the gap, but we dont even have an emotional or physical relationship till now. I don't know how far I can go with this emptiness. I am thinking of suicide most of the days.

5. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Hello star90
    Please dnt think so negative. Just think it as a small bad patch of life. You said you had some similar interests . On that badis you said yes to marriage. You can do those similar interests or hobbies together.
    In start of every relationship both parties feel they hav many common interests but as years pass by both parties change ghrir priorities n even interests also gets changed.
    You both should atleast start communicating on daily basis let it be even for 15 mins but do it everyday. Start chatting on different aspects other than family relation or daily chores or even job. See if u both can make some new hobby together. Go out weekly at garden or movie or restaurant. Spend some quality time together.
    Getting trapped in endless negative emotions is very easy. Our minds play this trick every now and then. So dnt let ur mind play this stupid trick. Engage ur own mind in all positive things happened till d day. Give ur mind healthy food by reading positive motivational books movies.
    In support to all this start regular exercise. Exercise dosent only help in physical aspect but is also effective in depression.
    All will definitely try to pull you out of this situation only thing is how eager are u to get out of it.
    Just start working on it. You will soon get healthy relationship once again
    Good luck

6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@star90
    you are at an emotional low. Please exercise caution before chatting up with strangers. Not every one who extends a hand is a friend, just remember
    You can share in open forums to a certain extent but beware of private chats. you are an easy target .
    Is there some sort of counselling you can go to sort out your emotions? Someone who can help you figure out what you want out of this marriage, next steps and how to move on.

Take care , hope things work out for you

sindmani, HazelPup and Shanvy like this.
  7. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

@star90 It is not possible for a biologically normal adult hetrosexual man to stay away from physical intimacy for years together. It's a hard hitting Red flag sign ; something is grossly abnormal with him. Why would you commit suicide for he being abnormal ? Think logically....

8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Since it's an arranged match have you tried involving elders in the family? You sound very depressed. Please seek medical counselling

sindmani likes this.
  9. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

I meant we had some people we knew in common , not close friends . My husband has no hobbies or interests other than watching movies. He has nothing to discuss with me other than that of his work. Going out according to him is tiring and waste of money. He is ready spend money only on movies. Its not my mood , I am unhappy since the day i got engaged. I waited for so many years thinking he will get attached with time. He is still the same emotionless person.

10. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

He dint approach me for the first few months of marriage not even cuddling.i felt rejected and my self esteem went so low. After first few months he started pushing me into his physical wants but I told him that I have a mind and to make me happy first. Hes not emotionally available. How can a girl get physical without emotional attachment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.