1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Males Hiding In Plain Site On Social Media

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Nov 7, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Here are some observations and questions along the way.

I used to stalk a "missed matrimonial match" (you can see past posts if you wished).

I wondered
    1. Why he showed his photo with sunglasses and didn't use his name on Instagram. Yet he followed lot of females, flirted with them online
    2. Why he had two separate Skype accounts, both wearing sunglasses, each with different name
    3. Why his facebook account showed far away picture of him wearing sunglasses, using his real name
    4. His facebook account is fully locked, i.e. cannot see posts, photos, etc

One day I see his facebook profile account photo with a far-away picture of him and a lady, walking together, both wearing sunglasses and I thought .... ok ....

Then I found he was married (Facebook doesn't lock their privacy well, no matter what you may think. You can simply says "photos of ABC", and it will show photos that '"ABC" is tagged in).

There was photo of his wife embracing him at party, but he kept his hands in his pocket, and looked unhappy. He is now in Canada, awaiting Citizenship (married her for Canadian citizenship, no doubt!)

Second Person, a colleague of "missed matrimonial match"

1. Uses full face, full name on Facebook
    2. Few posts show him being friendly with scantily clad women who also have FB profile.
    3. One photo with him and a British lady (blond hair, blue eyes) smiling
    4. Several posts wishing him happy anniversary.
    5. His status is Single

Then I found he is married to a lady in India, and her FB profile shows them both together. The lady's FB profile says he is Married.

He is openly cheating on her using FB, but because of culture, finances, etc, she cannot do anything. One time his wife called him out on it, i.e. why is he pretending to be single on FB, and another lady, probably friend, relative said to stop "taunting him"

Third Person, who is "All-Around American" Area Governor of Toastmasters in USA

1. He uses his real name on Facebook, but either uses photo of teddy bear, photo of meme, or photo of himself wearing sunglasses and his new bride (they got married early this year).
    2. He posts few photos of he and his new bride. If he is in a photo with he, she will be wearing sunglasses
    3. His new bride uses her real name, shows her real face, and showers her facebook profile with their wedding pictures, videos, etc
    4. His whatsapp profile doesn't even show his real photo

This Area Governor didn't go for honeymoon right after wedding, he came to do Toastmasters work, continue studying.

This guy is American. Who is forcing him to marry her? Or maybe he married this lady to get promotion in US military (they give benefits).

In the meantime, from his personality, it seems he wants to turn Toastmasters into Fight Club. For goodness sakes, he is not CEO of General Motors!

Fourth Person, "All-Around American" , multimillionaire in USA

1. He is semi-celebrity, at least in financial world
    2. Has a twin brother
    3. He uses his real name on Instagram, a far-away picture of him wearing sunglasses and keeps his account locked
    4. He uses his real name on Facebook, yet in his cover photo he is wearing sunglasses, and only a quarter of his face is showing
    5. Once can see most things he posts, usually forwarding news articles about their business ventures, and other business ventures he supports (such as illegal drugs used for medical purposes)
    6. So far, his twin brother shows his face, name, social media profiles

Fifth Person, Co-worker (American who immigrated from South American country) who is too nice to me

1. Co-worker is divorced from first wife, had daughter with developmental disabilities
    2. He will get married to his fiance next year (she also has a son)
    3. He doens't get along with fiance's father
    4. He has said he's been with fiance for years and she keeps pestering him to get married, that is why he is getting married to her
    5. His whatapp profile has pic of him wearing sunglasses along with his fiance
    6. He is super-friendly with me at work. To the extent I have to make myself scarce

Sixth Person, Co-worker (Also Desi) who is too nice to me

1. He uses real name, full photo with him and his wife on profile pic
    2. He is being too nice to me so he can get job in my department (big pay increase)
    3. I'm not sure if his wife even knows he is being too nice to me. I believe a wife should know of all the ladies at work.
    4. Too nice to the extent I have to make myself scarce

Sixth Person, new member "All-Around American" at Toastmasters

1. Handsome guy
    2. Uses real name of FB, but obscured photograph with sunglasses
    3. His posts are scarce
    4. Owns several bars in South America

My ex would use real name, full face, but no photos of me in FB whatsoever. That is why I study people, especially the opposite gender with a fine-tooth comb.

Especially before I start pursuing friendship, matrimony, etc (I don't believe in sex before marriage, co-habitating, these are my beliefs, we are all entitled to our beliefs)

Is it me?

Is it my karma?

Is this how all males behave? Hiding in plain site while "playing the field"

I understand full-hearted prayer to God will wipe out bad karmas.

Now, I am learning to focus and admire God, so he brings the right men in my life.

Can someone give some perspective.

Please ladies and gentlemen!

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

It does happen! Kalyug!
    But not all are like that!
    Lots of good couples are around but don't have any online FB or whatsApp. They are the ones who believe in true relationship and are faithful. So that's why you can never see them on social media.
    Take care.

3. ChennaiExpress

Honestly I've been trying to wean myself off of social media.

I deleted Instagram account.

Pretty soon, I will delete Facebook. As of now, I use my paintings as account photograph and cover, and a fake name (because you hear about Identity Theft, especially in USA).

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

wow, chennaiExpress, you are really smart and intelligent. I truly adore you. Love to see many moral policing women on this forum. I had always been sceptic about fb for reasons that you quoted and I think it's high time I quit fb. Thanks for the gyaan. Have a good day!

5. ChennaiExpress

I wasn't policing anyone, but rather I wanted to understand how males are. Especially if they have qualities that attract lot of women, i.e. looks, money, status etc.

I was in an abusive arranged marriage and if I would have understood certain behaviors

1. either I would not have gotten married to this monster
    2. I would not have gotten pregnant, only to suffer miscarriage

People can do whatever they wish on social media.

People can do whatever they want wherever they want.

I only want to understand others actions and intentions so I can protect myself from heartache.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. vaidehi71

Hi,
    You need both hands to clap and make a sound. So the guy and the girl are both at faults.

Even though the issue which you have brought can be taken for gender neutral I will focus on the guys now as you have had a very bad experience.

Some red flags in guy, which you should be also aware when in search for a groom:

- if the guy is always on the net browsing it either through phone or whatever, it is not a good sign at all. Apart from work or in some occasions wfh there is mostly no need to be like that.

- one who hides his passwords from these sites, or one who hides his ids etc from his partner, is unfaithful according to me. Transparency is needed to establish a healthy relationship. If not there is definitely going to be the issue of how faithful he is with his partner. If there is nothing to hide why hide the ids or passwords. It is more an issue of true relationship and anyone who hides are not doing in the interests of the partner and family.

- moreover not only the social media, even forums are not without its problems. People flog to forum sites with similar attitudes.

-so how does a girl protect herself from such malicious guys- well, to make it easier, never believe what the person who is an anonymous one says to you. He might be an altogether different guy in real life. Any person will try to portray the positive aspects only on forums and media. They are not to be believed until you have personally talked and analysed those ones.

- First and foremost believe your instincts which never lie. If you feel that the guy is having an affair or whatsoever then it is the truth until proven otherwise.

Will add more when I have time.

7. vaidehi71

The below is from a very good article which shows the red flags!
    Hopefully you find a good parner soon! Remember these red flags and good luck to you!:)

1. When it’s secretive.

If you are deleting your emails — either to her or from her — that’s a red flag. Because by deleting them, you are guessing that your spouse would be upset if she read them, and that you are covering up something. Moreover, ask yourself this question: “How would I feel if I knew my wife (or husband) was corresponding to an attractive man in the way I talk to X?” If you feel an uncomfortable knot in your stomach upon answering that question, there you go.

2. If it has a sexual agenda.

This isn’t always obvious, of course. But if you notice that your correspondence with this person feeds your sexual fantasies (because an affair is often about sexual fantasy), then you are probably in dangerous waters. If the communications consist of subtle sexual overtones, watch out. If it feels like foreplay in anyway, that’s not good.

3. If you’re spending a considerable amount of time talking to him (her).

According to marriage therapist Allyson P., a person needs to consider not only the content of the messages sent back and forth but also the amount of them. For example, if you are emailing a “friend” 15 times a day, that’s a tad extreme, even if the content is about SpongeBob Squarepants. A friend of mine confessed to me that she would spent two hours every night on Facebook chatting with an online buddy until she realized that was more time than she was spending with her husband.

4. If you are rationalizing.

“He is just a friend,” is a statement that you don’t say to yourself when you’re involved in innocent communication. Do you feel the need to justify a very safe friendship? No. It’s obvious to you and to your mate that the companionship is completely appropriate. However, you may very well be investing in an unsafe friendship if you are constantly wrestling with guilt or feel the need to rationalize.

5. If it’s meeting your personal needs.

If you are getting your intimacy needs met in an online relationship or with a co-worker with whom you playfully banter, you might stop to ask yourself why. Be especially careful if you’re sharing intimate sentiments with that person that you don’t share with your husband, or if you feel like your online companion understands you in a way that your spouse doesn’t. Be on guard if you are getting fed in any way by him or her that you don’t at home.

Better to address the holes in your life and fill them in safe ways, even if you can’t within your marriage. Keep in mind, a good sex life isn’t just about chemistry.

6. If you talk about your marriage or your spouse.

It’s disrespectful to share intimate details about your marriage or your spouse, and especially in a discourteous manner or with a flip attitude. Imagine that your wife was overhearing your entire conversation. Would you still say it?

7. If your spouse doesn’t like it.

You have just won a red flag if a husband or wife has expressed disapproval of your communications with X, because it usually means that either the content of the correspondence or the amount of it is off balance—that the interaction isn’t totally appropriate, or the time spent talking (online or offline) with the person is distracting from family life.

8. If your friend voices concern.

Pay attention if a good friend asks you why you are talking about this person so much, or if she says something like, “Wake up. You are married. He is married. You need to focus on what you have and stop obsessing about what you don’t.” Friends, sisters, and mothers can often identify the red flags before a person is willing to recognize them herself.

9. If your intentions are wrong.

Let’s say your wife is constantly knocking you down, nagging at you, telling you to lose 20 pounds because she didn’t intend to marry a beached whale. The natural, or at least easy, thing to do is to find an attractive woman who will feed your ego and tell you that you’re sexy, funny, smart, and so on. Some folks may unconsciously seek out an admirer to get their spouse to take notice of them. It can be effective! But it’s also manipulative. There are healthier ways to increase your self-esteem and regain the power that you have lost in your own home.

Link: When Does Flirting Become Cheating? 9 Red Flags | World of Psychology

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  8. ChennaiExpress

These are very helpful.

Very helpful

I had to pull away from the Desi coworker who was being too nice to me because I felt something weird. and he said few strange things like, "ok, you are asking to go for coffee", as if he is. trying to blame me for done future event .... creep!

coworkers go for coffee all the time ... better to be groups of three, not two.

Now if I need something at work I involve other coworkers.

and I like the article about sexual chemistry ... his wife's physical affair nearly destroyed her marriage.

This is dangerous stuff.

A married lady from Toastmasters gave speech on how you can be in life with someone from Internet even if you don't know how they look like or where they are from.

And a few months later she was asked to give table topic speech on which relationship she wishes to keep. She said nipot her husband because who knows they might get divorced some day.

How horrible!

Better to be single and content rather than married and talking about falling in love with anonymous people on Internet!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. vaidehi71

So true! Totally agree to this!:)

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  10. ChennaiExpress

You Know something interesting?

In toastmasters I made speech about how I can live without Internet because I rather see people in real life.

And the Area director who is trying to hide he is married (i.e. wearing sunglasses in photos with his wife, not showing weddingpictures) said that I hate Internet .... I never said I hate Internet!

Interesting ....he is using Internet to "play the field", to find side action ..and his wife, his new bride doesn't suspect a thing!

vaidehi71 likes this.