1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some interesting snippets about God

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Jan 19, 2010.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Recently I read through interesting snippets about God and i really enjoyed and would like to share to it with all of you.
    God and Left over rice
    God and left over rice are one and the same.He is a purna purharar,rice left over is also old.He has his bed on water,so is rice which is soaked in water the whole night.In Gita,tells that very few people realise me as I am,the same way very few people realise the goodness of left over rice.When should we eat left over rice?Early morning.The same way we should think about God early in the morning.
    Unnecessary Ego
    Our body belongs to us.Our heart,our pancreas,stomach everything belongs to us.But are we able to control their movements?They do the tasks assigned to them.We do not command them to do so_Only God can control their tasks.We have ego I inspite of not being able to control our bodily tasks.
    Eight and Five
    During Gokulastami we draw Krishna feet from the doorway to our puja room.You can find Shiva-Vishnu co ordination in this.
    The feet looks like the number 8.That is the mantra Om Numa Narayana.On top of the feet we have 5 dots symbolising 5 fingers and the mantra of Shiva Om Nama Shivaya.This way panchatram and Ashtcharam form Krishna's feet.
    Korr Korr
    Kumbakarana was sad.When he was about to die at the battle he told Rama ''Rama ,you will win this war and people will talk about you and Ravana and no one will talk about me''.No one will even think about me.For that Rama said'' do not worry When people talk about me atleast ten of them will atleast think about you.''That is why where ever Ramayana discourses take place,atleast 5 people sleep off thinking about Kumbakarana and snore away.
    Anger of Rain God
    When it rains ,people of Gokulam thank the rain god.The reason for prosperity is Rain.People of Gokulam never forget it.When we want rains,we perform yaga,but after that no one thinks about iit.That is why maybe rain gods get angry?

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello kanaka

nice write up
    i loved the one about
    kumbakarna

sathya

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi Kanaka,
    Really enjoyed the snippet, now i know why i sleep during ramayana. Actually not during ramayana and any discourse, now i can say iam thinking of kumbha.
    Jokes aside, lovely post
    Jaya

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear kanaka,

really enjoyed the snippets and they were short and sweet.

But of course like everybody else i too enjoyed the "korr korr" part the best:)

5. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

hikanaki,
    Nice write up. Liked Kumbakarna. Seems like i think more of him than Rama.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippets you had shared with us here, Kanaka..

Liked the EGO part too...we have no control over our senses..but we have ego..rightly said!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010