Some informations on Doha

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by lathamohan, Jun 23, 2007.

1. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dohaites,
    I wanted to share with u all some information of Doha which I knew, hope some knows before only.
    1. In Doha there is (Dharmalaya/Temple) in 'D' ring road near to MALL roundabout backside of the stadium or near to the mosque. In villa No35(actually if u go to the road and ask any indians roaming on the road they will show the villa). It started 2yrs back only, on friday morning there is "BHAGAVADGITA" classes in Tamil ,I heard there are classes in other languages also .
    2. In souq i.e. in Sharakharaba in Dulhan (opposite to Bombay silk center) in the 1st floor we got tailoring section there they stitch blouse for 15riyal( 1 year back I stitched for an emergency) and stitch all types of dresses also. Ofcourse in LULU also blouse stitching is 15riyal,but only material purchased from their shop.
    3. In souq we have got one ALRAWNAQ shop where we get all types of (A to Z)tailoring items, same ALRAWNAQ inbetween Airport to wakraroad we get only stationery items in bulk as well as single piece for school and office needs.
    Even there are some housewife stitch clothes ,does beauty works (facial, threading etc etc), some nepalis, srilankans clean household works on fridays for a very nominal fee. I dont have all the details, but came to know all about this, if ladies u have some informations like this pls share so that all can be beneficial.
    I will try to come with more information

love
    latha

2. ishutanu

ishutanu Senior IL'ite

hello
    im in doha i just wanted to know whether there r free cooking coursses in any place in doha i want learn cooking stitching &even fitness training
    plzz help me

3. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends

I am revathi, just landed in Doha 4 months back.

Got some good friends.... like to know more about.........
    like to join me........

send reply to me

revathi:2thumbsup:

4. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Revathi,
    Welcome to Il and Doha. Happy to see more and more doha ilities participating. Revathi dohalities are planning to meet ,try to participate .
    looking forward,
    regards
    latha

5. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi latha

Nice to see your message. Yes i am also interested to see more Indian in Doha, do let me know about this.

I have 5yr old son studying in BPS, my husband is working here.
    How about you.

keep in touch

Regards

revathi

6. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi latha

Are you now online, is there any chat facility available

waiting for your reply

Revathi

7. srilaxmi34

srilaxmi34 New IL'ite

Hi latha,

Your informations on doha and things to do around have been very useful. Even though do not have much idea of the places around, can use ur information when i am used to the place more.

Can you please suggest to me some place where you can get dry cleaning done? And about the maids you have suggested, can you get me more informations on them? Will like to have a person who can help me once or twice a week.

And where are you ladies going to meet next? Would like to join you people if i can too.

Take care,

laxmi.

8. chitrachand

chitrachand New IL'ite

Can somebody give info about Doha

Hi to all,

Can any one give me some info about Doha and its cost of living. We do not know about the cost of living there, and heard that there is high inflation and the rent are much high. And can u suggest which schools and the fees for Junior Grades( 1 to 5) with British Curriculum. Appx. how much would be required for a decent 2 bedroom flat. Thanks in advance .
    cit

9. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

hi chitra,
    What u heard about Doha is true, rents are hiked alot u will get a 2 bedroom flat from 5000riyal(far from city limits) and above , to my knoweledge I dont think so for nowadays we get a good flat for 5000riyal its above that only. Grocery items like rice, Atta,oil are all hiked.
    Regarding British curriculum no idea.

10. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite