Some GrandMother's tips

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cathy, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

thnx 4 ur tips ya. i have taken printout and gave it to my mom.. as they are really useful.. keep posting..:cheers

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hi Sukar, Aspirin tablets are prescribed for blood related problems in pregnant women generally. So no need to worry about that. There can't be any generalised 'don't take this, take this' situation in pregnancy. Each woman has her own problems to handle... so trust your doctor:) I have a blood clotting problem so i take injections. A milder problem of my situation is treated with aspirin too. If you're really concerned do ask your doctor why she's prescribing aspirin to you and what it means by reduced fluid, how soon it's get alright etc., only she can give best explanation. all the best to you:) Latha

3. aparnabavanari

aparnabavanari New IL'ite

Safrron Intake during pregnancy

Hi All,

Yeah I too heard that taking sffron with Milk during pregnancy is good for the baby.But can anyone tell me when to take it either during day time or during night when going for a sleep. I am little bit confused.

4. chitrasrini

chitrasrini New IL'ite

It's really a comprehensive list. Thanks a lot. Can you ask grandma if horse gram(Kulthi in Hindi, Kollu in Tamil) is harmful in pregnacy, I unknowingly ate it today and someone told me later that we should avoid it during pregnancy. Thanks in advance.

5. rubyjoe

rubyjoe New IL'ite

Hi Everybody,

Thanks a lot for the tips, since even I am in the 4 month of my second pregnancy. It will be useful to me.

RubyHarhar

6. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for those tips...:thankyou2:

They were really very helpful !! :)

Have Fun And Keep Smiling !!
    :wave:

7. rr99

rr99 Senior IL'ite

I believe it makes absolute sense why papaya & pien apple were not recommended for prtegnant women in India, Papain an enzyme ime found in Ppapya ( raw) is the main ingredient of meat tenderizer, it breaks down muscle & tissue ...
    As for pineapple & mango (in some cases) .. I follow a simple rule... anything fruit that cannot be made into a jam/jelly .. Avoid esp during the 1st trimester

8. renukasuresh

renukasuresh New IL'ite

This is really very useful tip. Thanks for sharing it.

Can you please tell me from when should we take the herbal tea which u have mentioned. Since i am in 17th week and live in swiss probably i will search for it and try to get it.

thank you
    renukasuresh

9. renukasuresh

renukasuresh New IL'ite

I have one thing to clarify......usually people say to eat more of keerai/green leafy vegetable during pregnancy. but here it is said to avoid that. can anyone throw light on this.

10. rr99

rr99 Senior IL'ite

I have one thing to clarify......usually people say to eat more of keerai/green leafy vegetable during pregnancy. but here it is said to avoid that. can anyone throw light on this

The reason why keerai is not recommended in India has nothing to do with its intrinsic properties, rather it is avoided because of the questionable hygiene of the area in which its grown...
    If you live in the states getting the packaged spinach is no issue..