1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Some good info for TTC friends

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by saudamini, Jun 4, 2010.

1. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

While researching for methods to assist TTC, I found these and thought of sharing them with you.

Pineapple: Pineapple core helps with Implantation of the embryo.Pineapple Core has what is called bromelain that will help with implantation. Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromelain). Regarding bromelain, it is mostly on the stem of the pineapple. Canned pineapple has no bromelain because it has been heated, so the fruit has to be eaten fresh.

Another note: Must be eaten with empty stomach, otherwise the bromelain is not absorbed by the blood, and instead, being an enzyme, will aid to digest the food in your stomach."

Do NOT take with Baby Aspirin as these are BOTH blood thinners!

PS:
    Use of Pineapple for implantation is controversial. Some swear by it while others say to avoid it. Anyway my accupuncturist advised me to have pineapple juice, but did not say if I should have it before ovulation or in 2WW. I have had fresh pineapple juice almost daily before ovulation for say 20 days. Now I am 9dpo and fingers crossed. Would keep you all posted.

Green Tea: Some people also say to have 1 cup of green tea for conception. Since green tea contains less caffeine and more antioxidants hence it makes sense.

Cinnamon & Honey: Yunani and Ayurvedic Medicine have been using honey for thousands of years to strengthen the semen of men. If impotent men regularly take two tablespoon of honey before going to sleep, their problem will be solved.

In China, Japan and Far-East countries, women, who do not conceive and need to strengthen the uterus, have been taking cinnamon powder for centuries. Women who cannot conceive may take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half teaspoon of honey and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day, so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.

A couple in Maryland, USA, had no children for 14 years and had lost hope of having a child of their own. When told about this process, husband and wife started taking honey and cinnamon as stated above; the wife conceived after a few months and had twins at full term.

For PCOS friends

Cinnamon has an insulin boosting property (water soluble compounds called polyphenol type A polymers)which have the ability to boost insulin activity about 20 fold and can benefit people who have high sugar levels (obese people, pre-diabetics and diabetics ).

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Chp%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.blsp-spelling-error {mso-style-name:blsp-spelling-error;} span.blsp-spelling-corrected {mso-style-name:blsp-spelling-corrected;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section</style>
    Fenugreek
    (Methi, Trigonellafoenum-graecum)
    promotes excellent glucose metabolism in the body. It improves glucose-tolerance and insulin-sensitivity, thereby promoting weight loss and moderation of androgen levels in blood. It also lowers LDL and increases HDL and supports healthy functioning of the heart.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Chp%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Trebuchet MS"; panose-1:2 11 6 3 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.blsp-spelling-error {mso-style-name:blsp-spelling-error;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --

</style>Amla(Amalaki, Indian Gooseberry, EmblicaOfficinalis) fruit is very well established as a remedy for a variety of disorders including diabetes, atherosclerosis, acidity, asthma, constipation, inflammation, obsesity, etc. It is very rich in anti-oxidants and abundant in vitamin C. It contains chromium which is believed to give it the ability to temper diabetes. It also contains nutrients that promote healthy hair growth - Amla is highly beneficial for women who suffer from alopecia areata (hair loss) due to PCOS. It is very effective in shedding weight when supplemented by good diet, nutritional supplements and a healthy lifestyle. Amla also stimulates the liver and helps it to flush out accumulated toxins efficiently; this is particularly useful in patients whose symptoms are side-effects of long-term use of birth-control pills and other hormonal drugs.

Low GI diet: PCOS ladies are advised to have low GI diet. For this I attach here the GI index of indian foods.[FONT=&quot]

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]--> <!--[endif]-->[/FONT]
    Wouldnt hurt to try them after consulting with your Gynae.

Would keep you all posted on anything else that I find. Baby dust to you all.:thumbsup

love
    Saudamini

Attached Files:

2. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@saudamini...

Thanks a lot!!!!!

3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot.... Shall v eat pineapple at d time of TTC?????

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Pine apple has mixed reviews. Few say its good, but most elders stands against it!

5. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sweety

Most welcome dear.

Dear Ooiya

As Vasu said, pineapple has mixed reviews.
    I have taken pineapple juice before ovulation and have not been able to take them during 2WW. I am now 11dpo, hence would not be able to say whether it helped me or not. Would keep you posted.

love
    Saudamini

6. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

As I had promised, I would post update on my cycle in which I had taken pineapple juice. Well, it turned out that the pineapple juice did not quite help in implantation in my case.

I am now in the fresh cycle, in which I have not taken any pineapple juice. Though I am having methi powder first thing in the morning and am doing walking every day.

Lets see what happens in this cycle. Fingers crossed.

Hope God listens to me this time :bowdown

cheers
    Saudamini