1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some funny/strange things we did when in love before marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sowmyasridhar, Aug 28, 2009.

1. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Loved 'Appuram Aparna' ... very cute and sweet ...

2. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

OMG, Sowmya,
    What a though..excellent thread girl! and I was all along waiting to write, I wanted to hear what others did before I worte.
    And guess what we were then neighbours...
    Not for 3-4 hrs, the entire night we used to talk, the call used to start at 11:00 pm at night and end at 4:00 am in the morning...as my parents used to get up at 4:00 am. His landline bill went up to 10 k in a perticulr month and his mom came with the bill to me and told me see what my children do...and I was like OMG...I could'nt open my mouth as ....all those calls were for me:hide:. And I played safe , it was he used to call always and never me, I used to just recv the calls,my parents were were sharp and strict..but his mom was a little innocent...she won't find out...so the calls came from him...but at last every thing was in the light and my in- laws even today pull my leg saying it was his money that I made him spend:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh.
    So many other things that just can't be penned down that easily.
    We used to chori chori chuke chuke meet in our terrace at night after dinner, sayinn we are going for a walk...and we used to hide when someone else came up too.:rotfl.
    Funny when we think of it now.

Kavitha.

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Excellent thread! I really love to read all stories.
    Mine is not a very big story!! But still couple of cents I too can add from myside for this thread.
    Our marriage was fixed almost 10 years before marriage, but we didnt' know about it...parents kept as secret just not to disturb from studies and we used to live in a joint family, but between us....lots of fights, you can imagine.....He used to give coaching for me for my IIT entrance, which I didnt like! So, dialy it was fight, that whatever he assigns to me, I never complete. Just I dont want him to be a BOSS to me(atleast in Studies).
    Which really made us FUN whenever we think of those days!! After his coaching, it was a disaster result in IIT but secured a very good rank in EAMCET. Still he feels that its his coaching made this level.
    So, later we both moved to different places for our studies and meanwhile lots of issues happened during parents and almost they decided to calloff our wedding. But some miracle happened, and somehow both of our parents got united and initiated marriage talks. That time he was in initial days of career and been to onsite assignment and I just joined Post graduation. So, we both really didn't care about it and infact my parents didn't ask me about decision same as his parents. So, I finished my two years of PG and got placed in a top company in Bangalore and that time my Hubby also came back to offshore. Till 1 and half years, it was fine. But later both of our parents revealed that we both are going to get married and asked about our decision and fixed engagement date.
    So, I left my decision to my parents as they are the best judges for my future, ofcourse down in the heart I have lots of soft corner on my DH.
    So, we both agreed for marriage. There was almost 8 months of time for our engagement and marriage to take place. But by the time we are getting to know eachother and we started meeting regularly, my DH transferred to Hyderabad. So, I have to take some time to come back..but managed to comeback to hyderabd by our marriage time. Because my DH dont want to leave me alone there.......though I stay with my close friends there, but still he is so concerned about me and want me to join him in hyd and search for a job.

4. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Read all your stories (sorry kaadal kaaviyams). Mine goes like this....

We both got engaged soon after we saw (ponnu paakudhal). so we had 5 months before marriage. I was in Bangalore and he was in chennai. Both of us have paid thousands to Airtel. his office shift would end by 11 and he would reach home by 12:30. All through this distance he was constantly hooked up on phone with me. Once he reaches his residence gate, he used to cut the call and call up once he reaches his bed room. Again we used to start talking till midnight.

I still cannot forget when he came to Bangalore twice before marriage.

He didnot know the place nor the language and second time was feb 13th. when he sat in a auto from commercial street to lalbagh. The auto fellow gave him a trip to the whole of bangalore and my husband was irritated for the auto fellow was taking all his time. he had his train back the same day. I still cannot forget the tension i had till i saw my dh in lalbagh.

Nice to recall those golden days.

5. nakshathraa1

nakshathraa1 New IL'ite

Hey Sowmya

Its a nice thread. Mine is so thrilling and exciting, We studied together. We use to go for a long drive. Some time we go to dindugal or kodaikanl for coffee from trichy.My parents are so open and all friends come to our house everyday.I parents knew that I am in love with some one in the group. But they dont the right person. When I told them my husbands name, they got shocked. becoz he is the calm and shy guy in our troop.We had 4 pairs in our troop, so we use to bet for driving, doing lot of things. we were always together. out of 4 pairs 3 got married.

We had mobile when we were in college days , the moment we come home we will call each other. he was like my driver those days (even now) . he drops me to college , music class, relatives place... those are golden days. no responsibility nothing.. Even now after marriage we are like freinds , we go for adventurous trips as we both are fun loving people.

I am so happy to share these with all of you

Regards
    Nakshathra

1 person likes this.
  6. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

Kavitha,

:)..Funny to read..

oh! your aunt beleived in you to say what her son is doing..:rotfl..Just imagining how you would have controlled your laughter.

7. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

Priya, Sandhya, Nakshatra,

Thanks for sharing yours...Very nice to read...

8. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Yes sowmya,
    Now when I think of it is ofcourse a big laugh, not just me even my in- laws pull my leg and laugh on it. But at that moment it was like a ...OMG , hope she doen't find out was the concern all the time...As both of us wanted to wait and out break the fact that we are in love by ourselves, we din't want parents to find out by themselves.

Kavitha.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sowmyasridhar,

It is a brilliant idea of yours to start a thread on the romantic period in most of our lives!! Congratulations for that idea and it is but natural that the thread has been nominated for the FP of the month!:cheers

I couldn't help but think how lucky all of you young girls are today what with the technology assisting you to make your dreams come true. In my days, we had no cell phones and what is internet?!! We thought only Gods could see each other through a magic box...like in Mayabazar!!:biglaugh

All the same, I myself enjoyed a very romantic start with my would be husband who had come all the way down from UK and we had a very formal 'bride-seeing' evening! Only, he insisted that he would like to go out with me for a couple of days before he could decide. My family and myself had already liked him and his family and my parents, though very hesitant, agreed to this.

From then on till we got married, which was some three months later, was the most happy and romantic period in my life.:) He went back to UK after our engagement. But all we had to keep in touch was only the regular Dak bhai! So much so, even the postman delivered the post with a smile, not to mention the amount of teasing at home!

Calls were very occassional as calls abroad were very difficult and expensive those days.Everyday there would be a post in the mail and I would send a reply by return mail! I wrote pages of prose and poetry and he did too, but later complained that he wrote page for page inspite of working many hours...ha ha ha. Good! Today, he would never dream of doing the same for me. He has enthusiasm only to play with his grandkids now!!!!!!!!

L, Kamla

10. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sowmya,
    An interesting thread!! Mine was an arranged marriage. V had 6 months gap between engagement and marriage.
    As I was in Chennai and he at sharjah, Voice chat used to be horrible due to poor connection. Sometimes it ll happen that I speak and he will text through messenger :rotfl.
    Hence the best thing for both of us was to text chat. It was obviously the most romantic period. We always had the falling hearts environment in yahoo messenger when we text. One fine night when we were texting my mom entered my room suddenly. Before I could inform Dh he gave me a buzz(Ctrl+G). People familiar with the environment must have understood the situation I guess.. S ......

The buzz in that environment gives a kiss along with the umaahhhh sound :oops:...Oh mine.. Was so embarrased and gave her an asatu sirippu...

Keep on posting!!

1 person likes this.