1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some funny/strange things we did when in love before marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sowmyasridhar, Aug 28, 2009.

1. mlk2009

mlk2009 Bronze IL'ite

Very funny thread ...

Mine was an arranged marriage and hubby was in US and I was in chennai. We used the communication technology to the fullest. Emailing, chatting, IM, texting, phone, letters... The day before the wedding he started from his house (which is like 5 hours from chennai) and came in the car to chennai where the wedding was supposed to take place. He was texting me every minute telling- I have crossed villupuram, I have crossed dindivanam, I am entering the hotel to eat lunch, We are getting some coffee and snacks, I am in chennai border, I am in the relatives house etc ...

So this texting was going on till the moment we both met at the reception hall... After the reception, his cousin blurted out in front of me that my hubby went to the beauty parlor which was an update I never got from him ... So till today would tease him about going to beauty parlor secretly without telling me...

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Lovely thread!! :)

Mine is a love marriage. My husband was my colleague. We have so many funny incident to remember. But we couldn't forget one very funny incident when we were LOVING :rotfl

That was on my close friend's brother's engagement day. Since DH had already booked a ticket to a famous, new movie, morning we went for a movie. Came to my hostel and dressed up for the engagement in 10 mins. He dropped me in my friend's house. I thought he left home after dropping me. But when we came out from her home, he was waiting in the street corner and was smiling at me and started following our car. He was text messaging me continuously. Since, he had a huge, super weight motor bike that time, I was very very tensed. I told him several times to go back. But he wasn't in a mood to listen. He was text messaging and driving in the main roads for chennai. :( When we stopped in the middle and went into a temple, he waved me his hand and returned back. :)

Eventhough I was tensed that time, I love to think about this incident again and again. Its a reall funny incident. If I were to ask him to do it now, I don't think this guy will do it ;) I'm going to ask him this evening. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

P.S - While coming back after engagement, I asked the aunty (my friend's mother) to drop me in T. nagar. She was surprised to hear that. Because it was already 10. They were planning to drop me to my hostel directly. But how would I say YES when my this guy is waiting for me without having his dinner. :-D

Its a nice, warm feeling whenever we think those moments.

1 person likes this.
  3. SweetDreamz007

SweetDreamz007 Bronze IL'ite

Lovely thread ... like few ILs have mentioned, even me and my hubby used to chat a lot before marriage. We had an arranged marriaged and had a gap of an year between engagement and wedding. We used to call/email/chat for hours together. I still treasure those emails which hubby and I used to write to each other everyday expalining what we did, what we ate, who we visited, etc etc etc etc

This one time, we had just finished talking for 3 hrs on the phone. I told my hubby 'okay it is too late and my parents are roaimng around me impatiently so i will hang up' and we decided to get off phone.Accidentally we both logged on to the net and realized that and I started to say hi to my hubby. At first for a minute or two we did not have much to type as we had just then got off phone. Then the real fun started. It was night 10 for me and I was glued to the computer until 5am. My mom saw me chatting in the night and when we woke up, she saw me on the computer again and asked 'oh did he call you in the morning and asked you to login' .... being me, I could not lie and said 'actually I have been online since night' ... LOL...My mom was speechless and did not utter a word to me and then told me 'okay you wont sleep now anyway, go brush your teeth, I will get you tea' :rotfl

That is still a very special day for me. Here on my hubby's end, he was living with roommates and they all told me that one day whole day he was locked in his room and stepped out only in the evening that too when his roommates kept calling him to have his food since last 3-4 hrs. Then I realized thaey are talking about the same day that we had our longest non-stop 'sweet nothing' chat ... :)

Oh those sweet old days, now hubby cannot control his hunger and wants food even before he realizes he is hungry and I cut short my calls as I have to cook/ pcik or drop kid somewhere/ have meetings etc ...

2 people like this.
  4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Such a cute thread! Enjoyed reading all the responses.

Me too had an arranged marriage and hubby came to the US about a month before I could join him. We would send each other emails all the time. In one msg I included lyrics from a romantic song (humko hami se churalo - mohobattein). He had never heard that song and was majorly impressed! He thought I was a poet and told me he racked his brains thinking of something to write back to me but could not come up with anything! Of course, when I told him it was just lyrics from a movie song he changed his opinion about my poetic skills rather quickly..

2 people like this.
  5. saddestiny

saddestiny Bronze IL'ite

We had an arranged marriage but 6months gap after engagement and both of us were here in US, in different states. Initially my DH used to e-mail me- like hi hello, how are u, how was your day etc. I used to reply after 2-3 days.

Once I started liking him, I went from e-mail to gmail chat, always having one window open at work- ongoing chats(luckily my boss did'nt know).

Then it went to webcam and yahoo chat, I used to go home and sit in front of the webcam all evening.

Then the phone calls began and we were talking. Once my DH said, why don't you change to Cingular plan ? We might need it soon in future(because he had Cingular and I had Verizon plan). He used to wait for the 'free minutes' window and then call me. At one point after that we did'nt mind free or longdistance or whatever.

We were talking like crazy people and guess what ?? My phone bill jumped up to a ridiculous $$ amount and I had no choice but to port my number to Cingular. :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

Then coming to my DH Job. He started interviewing for positions where I lived. He had one interview and a potential job offer, but the company did'nt send him the "official letter of job offer", yet. He was in such a hurry to move - that he packed his stuff in carboard boxes, resigned his job and even got a farewell party from his colleagues. He told the whole world 'I am moving'.

Finally what happened was that this company withdrew their hiring plans and I moved much later after 6months to my DH place.

Luckily his boss really likes him and gave back the resignation letter, so he stayed in the same job. They pull his legs every now and then.
    When we married, they took back the 'farewell party' from my DH.

So those were our good ole Lovey-Dovey days.

2 people like this.
  6. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

( A very nice and cute thread, Somwya !!!:) )

Dear All,

At that time, I was doing my Ph.D. I was staying in a hostel.
    At that time, My husband was looking for a job.
    At that time, neither my husband nor I , had a mobile phone.

Me and my husband used hang out with each other from 5 pm-to-8 pm in the evenings-Everyday. Our hostel gate was closed at 8.30 pm.

But one day, my hubby [ then my boyfriend] got a job in a distant place-a bit far from where he used to stay. The working hours was from 9 am in the morning -to-8 pm in the night.

So, it was not possible for us to devote the entire evening for our meet ups anymore.

So, what my husband decided is that he would wake up at 5 a.m. in the morning, get dressed up for office and come to visit me in my hostel at 6.a.m in the morning. I would also wake up very early, take bath ,get dressed up-sometimes skipping breakfast altogether-To meet him.

We used to hang out-take long walks, etc. from 5 a.m. in the morning to 8 a.m in the morning, Everyday.

In this way-we could see and meet each other every morning.

So we went out for a date every morning-Whereas all couples had their dates every evening !!!!:)

Regards,
    "HAPPY"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

SD Dear

Woww....really very sweet of him.....and specially when his friends tell you that he did all that for you.....no money or gifts can replace that feeling of being top on the sky....i can imagine your happiness at that time:2thumbsup:

8. Suhasini123

Suhasini123 Senior IL'ite

Very nice thread Sowmya... And I really enjoyed reading through all the replies posted by our ladies here. The love life before marriage was so funny isn't it?! I always feel happy and refreshed whenever I remember those dream days in my life...

Here goes my story... Indeed a stupid funny story:hide:
    Mine was a love marriage and we had a very long and interesting courtship period of 4 years before marriage.

I met this man of my dreams at my first working place soon after compleing my first degree. I was workin there as a volunteer audit officer and he was a professional by then. We worked for the same company, but in diffferent offices. Me in the HQ and him in the branch office in the same town!

I got attracted to him on the first day of our meeting, and it was like an accident. I really wanted to follow this guy and wanted to be with him, see him, talk to him and what not. I tried full time professionally to impress this guy towards me after that first meeting. But believe me, I never thought of marrying or having a love affair with this guy at that time, but all I wanted was to have a friendship - a close bond with him for no reason after that first accidental meeting and hence I didn't lose any opportunity to achieve my goal.

On the first day, I had developed friendship with his female colleague and offered her free ride to her office in my car. She lived far from my home, and my office (the HQ) was just close by my home. But I travelled all the way to her home, and then dropped her at their office and returned back to my office by leaving my poor driver wondering why this girl goes to her office always late though she has a car and her office is just by next door:bonk

I purposely did all this to see my man at least for some seconds while droping this girl at their office. And by doing this, I had developed some good image and eye contacts with him:hide:

We became friends after a while and then became lovers eventually. We used the IT to the fullest to develop our love and there were plenty of SMS, mobile chat, yahoo/google chats, mails, and sometimes we did used the office land lines and intercoms too!

We share SMS to update each and every moves and fortunately we had office mobiles with co-operate pacages, means free SMS and very low rate for internal calls within the network. We update like I am eating, taking bath, getting ready to the work, having nap, drining tea etc... so I expected his SMS/calls at anytime, hence I take my mobile with me whereever I go. I still remember somedays, I had taken my mobile to the toilet expecting my DH may SMS/call me that time, as I didn't want to develop any suspicion about my strage/often mobile usage.

I always go to the tarrace of my home with my laptop at nights by telling my suspicious mom that I am doing an online course and I need to work with American time. But what I did was all calling my boy till any of us mobile battery goes completely down.

I still have the collections of his empty coke tin, wraping papers of his first few gifts, the train ticket of our first dating, his old notebook, a paper from his table whwere my name was written everywhere in it, his signature in my autograph when he left that office before we officially confirm our relationship, a small passport size photo of him, a 100 ruppee note from him etc.... i have stored everything in my personal almyrah and whenever I see them at home, I feel how precious my hubby is to me!

I too had the funnny habbit of storing all his love SMS in my mobile and that time my mobile didn't have 4GB memeory card in it, hence I write those messages in my diary on date wise before deleting them with painful heart.

I can tell hundreds of funny stories of how I loved this man of mine... But I don't want to bore you guys by revealing them.

9. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

Preethi,

I know you would surely write here :)...You reply really satisfied my expectations .....Really enjoyed it..

:rotfl

10. sowmyasridhar

sowmyasridhar Senior IL'ite

Rosacea,

Thanks for sharing....I can imagine how tense you would have been...Anyways got the key and escaped :thumbsup