1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some funny crying scenes from my life.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Crying …and funny???? Now, if that sounds like an oxymoron I am sorry, but that is just what it is.

Not many people know that I cry as easily as I laugh; that is at the drop of a hat, idiomatically speaking. At least this was true, until a few years back.:hide:
    When I was much younger, this was very evident. So much so, that my mom used to just shrug it off saying “I think we ought to take her to the doctor. Her tear glands seem to have a scratch. Maybe that’s why her eyes are leaking?” They never took my tears seriously and just let me be.

I cried during movies, of course, for the long suffering person, who was being ill-treated by all and sundry. I cried when a favourite uncle of mine (Dad’s friend actually, who always brought me sweets and once, a lot of tomatoes from his farm house :)) left without telling me goodbye.
    I cried every time I had to say goodbye to my aunt and her son, my cousin. This cousin, cunning guy that he was, needed me only to cry for him whereas for all good fun times he stuck to my brother. He would threaten me with a hung drawn expression on his face saying “I am leaving tomorrow “and watch me intently. Once I was so relieved that they were leaving by the four am train and that I would not cry, as even back then I LOVED my morning sleep, and not for anything in the world would I spoil it by crying. I had the satisfaction of disappointing him with a “Good that you are going in the morning.”

I once cried when I saw a dead dog lying on the road for 2- 3 days. Each time I passed that way I would strain to see whether someone had removed the body, and seeing that no one hadn’t, begin bawling. I cried some days after my wedding when we realized that we had forgotten to invite our dhobi for my wedding. How could we forget someone who brought my neatly pressed uniform every weekend without fail?

I cried when I underwent labour pains.”Ohhh u poor thing, just bear it for some more time. It will soon get over” soothed my mom but at that I sat up brightly on the bed, wiped my tear-stained face and said “I was crying for all those animals actually. Imagine the cows in the streets having to undergo this” My mother shook her head in disbelief and said it was not in my power to do anything for that. And that God above would give them the strength to go about it.

And so I cried…..for this and that.

Now one thing my daughter has inherited from me (mind you, there are a hundred and one good qualities she would have done well to have inherited from me :wink:but NO….she had to inherit what I did not want her to get from me)

She weeps intensely over even not so intense movies. When we watched K3G at home, hubby and I watched her instead. She had separated herself from us (so that we wouldn’t notice her crying) with a shawl and sobbed miserably beyond that.

Of course she was a kid when we had gone to watch Devdas with all our friends There were at least a dozen of us and ohhh! Could we bear seeing our favourite hero SRK drowning himself in sorrow and in the liquids? No….. so we mother and daughter heartily wept for him… and in the last scene, when Ash runs all the way from her room in that huge mansion to where SRK is lying and he breathes his last before she arrives on the scene, as the gates close and block her view of him, my daughter had this to exclaim loudly from one end of the row to me at the other “Ohhhh…. if only she had run a little faster, no mamma?” There was a loud burst of laughter from the whole row at this but I truly wished Sharad Chandra Banerjee had thought of that ending for his story and spared me and my baby our tears.
    The other day when she cried over some movie I teased her about it. “Of course amma, I know it is a movie, but it is a reflex action, what I can do?” was her answer.

And so it goes on..

I thought that I had become really strong and hard-hearted after my father’s demise and nothing could now make me cry. For isn’t everything in this world, including sorrow really relative? But it so happened that we watched the Tamil film “Deiva thirumagal “and it had me promptly tearing up. I put it down to the movie being based on a father-daughter relationship.
    :):cheers

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi you have a good tender heart to cry for the suffering and pain of all living beings.A father see his Mother in his daughter and so that affection is great.

4 people like this.
  3. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

I'm not as bad as you, but I did cry for Deiva Thirumagal.. so it's justified.. :biggrin2:

3 people like this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:-D :-D no i am not laughing at your crying... he he.. but i am ;-) in an affectionate sort of way... i can so relate with u... I am not really a crying type but i do get all choked up during emotional scenes(...they are best avoided:hide:) and i get all worked up, angry and upset when i read or see any kind of injustice on news!!

You are such a soft-hearted person mindy and virtual hugs to you for all your funny and not so crying incidents:kiss

Take care!

4 people like this.
  5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

You are too soft-hearted person Mindi(avlo nallavangala neenga :) )...

I am too like a sensitive person, you can easily make me emotional(not mostly crying) ...I love that movie -theiva thirumagal' especially the ariro song...Hariharans voice does some magic and everytime I hear that song I used to be very emotional..

And your DDs reply is so cute :)

5 people like this.
  6. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

it shows your heart... :) there are so less persons like you in this world..

But after crying.. did you try doing something?? just a thought ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

You know we both know that we both are so alike..i Know that you know that we both know it is so.. this is now kind of cemented after reading this beautiful narration; ME is exact same way.. I still tear up; like now reading this most wonderful piece of writing... and every time I read something you write I say it.. theres magic girl :):cheers

6 people like this.
  8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Kry babieeeeeees.... :) .... :rotfl....:biglaugh

:shaking:Hope my dh does not show up and reveal some facts here........ :coffee....:hide:

6 people like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Mindi,

your title drew me like a magnet! I read it, pondered on it, re read it and here I am to give a feedback! Allow me to join the club and believe it or not it was me and my dad together sharing a sofa and towel as we watched a movie or Ramayana! My mom and the rest of the family had given up on us. My dad could get emotional quite easily and it is one of his traits I have inherited (that is how I convince myself every time I tear up) among many other wonderful qualities! He could not tell us the story of Sita getting banished with out a tear in his eye, ever! Well, that is too much of personal information - but then that is what you do to me time and again!
    And now you know it is not true. If anything these experiences make us more emotional, more human, more empathetic.....more a big softee :) That said the one time I am really embarrassed about crying and I am with your daughter here, I cannot help it, is when Indian National Anthem gets played or our Flag is hoisted - I have no idea but tears are rolling down my cheeks every time, where ever I witness this and thanks to a lady who had a look of shock on her face when she saw me one time, I have learnt to stay way behind and continue to enjoy my tears - I am not sure if they are tears of joy or pride or something else! So you see, we all cry, for different reasons.

sindmani, Vittala, Kamla and 5 others like this.
  10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi
    Enjoyed reading all your crying scenes. I am not less.....hehehehe
    Even me when I was watching K3G in the movie hall I started crying so badly this was during my stay in Fiji that all the people in the hall were turning behind and watching me, asking R what happened to her it was so embrassing situation.....hehehhe
    Even today when I go to visit mom I have tears in my eyes before leaving her. But one thing you should note here at the time of my marriage while leaving the house I did not cry at all, becoz I had a bet with my cousins and I had to win that...haha
    Sometimes as i am sitting quitely tears start coming out of my eyes it is really funny but when N and R watch and ask me what happened to you I just cannot explain to them. You feel funny to write it down or explain to anyone about these tears.
    But you have come out so well with it.

6 people like this.