1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 6, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Note how good you feel after you have encouraged someone else. No other argument is neceswsary to suggest that never miss the opportunity to give encouragement.

Everyone of us require encouragement to do something. Same way if anyone does something if they are appreciated their day is done and they get encouraged to do better next time.

Some people are there who neither appreciate nor encourage but try to find fault with others. When we had gone to Koduvayur while going we had nice food which was appreciated by all. While coming back the food was not so good. Idlies were not so soft, instead of putting til oil for milagapodi, chutta ennai(the oil used for Papad was given) . So one or two people were saying the idlies are not soft and the oil is not good and one person just put a piece of idli in the mouth and threw away the idlies saying it is not nice. It was wrong on his part to do that. Everyone are not experts. Whatever we get we should be having that and not complain. The girl's side people had given us lot of food which we could have had for two days.

When someone is appreciated for what they have done they really feel nice. Especially we should appreciate the person who cooks for marriage. The caterer was saying that after tying the thali and after getting the katti chadam on the day of leaving from the marriage hall should pay some amount to the cook and his assitants, besides the money which he gets from the caterer and he will be very happy.
    Usually we all praise the caterer for the arrangements etc but if the cook had not cooked properly we would not have had delicious food.

When we are going in a group we should take care of everyone's luggage and help wherever necessary.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

So happy to see you in between your busy schedules Viji Ma.
    Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness Those who can laugh without cause must have found the true meaning of happiness.
    We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating others.If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
    But most of the time we forget to show our comassionate love to otheres esp the ones who needs utterly.

Lastly its my key word"Happiness given and exhibited is the Success key to our life".

Thanks for making us happy with your codes.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

What a nice thought. You are right the cook should be appreciated too, we always appreciate the caterer. I will keep in mind now to appreciate the cook as well.

Appreciation is the biggest yearn in human kind. If we appreciate someone, she will try to deliver her best. A very nice article.

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    A nice post. You are correct. There are some kind of people who would be grumbling over everything . They will not get easily satisfied. They do not know the happiness that " Appreciation"
    gives.
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Being appreciated and appreciating others can make a positive difference in your life as it makes you stop and acknowledge and recognize people, places, and events in your life. [/FONT]To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it." [FONT=arial, sans-serif]"We are so often caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of the people we meet on the way. Appreciation is a wonderful feeling, don't overlook it."
    with love
    pad
    [/FONT]

5. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji mam
    What you said is correct.I personally always feel that whenever we appreciate others for theirgoodness whatever it may be.As Padma mam said its a positive difference that appreciation make in both sides.Thanks for your nice write up

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    How true ! we all thrive on encouragement and appreciation. The satisfaction of having done a job well gets complete only when others, even if its just one person, shows with a kind word that your work was noticed and appreciated. Just to send a good word in the right direction costs us nothing. Still there are enough grumpy people in the world who make fault finding their primary career. :thumbsdown such grouches !

I feel no respect for that person who threw away the idlis. Throwing away food is a sin, in this world where hundreds die for want of a morsel. THink of the little children on the streets going hungry ! If that person did not like the food, he could have given it away to the first needy person he saw in any station.

Now that you point it out , i feel guilty of not saying a word of appreciation or thanks to any of the caterers who serve us during functions. We generally go and tell the Host that we enjoyed the feast, as though he/she sat and cooked all that food !:) A word of thanks to the caterer would've been better.
    Thank you for this gentle reminder Viji, I will remember to be a better guest from the next time !

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saroj

Glad to see you here and thanks for the wonderful fb and sorry for the dleay in replying. Now since Gopika has gone to the south I have time to be in IL and you know I am so addicted to IL.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shiva

Glad to see you here and thanks for your appreciation. Ya if we appreciate the caterer he will be happy.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

Thank you for coming here and for giving a thought provoking fb.

love
    viji

10. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma'am,

How right you are. Appreciation and being appreciated can work wonders. My husband will often tell me, " Count your blessings, learn to appreciate and not to find fault, fill your head with flowers and not stones ".

Thank you for reminding once again to learn to Appreciate.

Love,
    Amma15