1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Solids for 7 months

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by VidyaaJ, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jollyshilpy

jollyshilpy New IL'ite

Ditto Poonam and manju

My LO takes solids 3 times a day. about 1/4 cup. Still not given her wheat but will start with dalia khichri soon.

For bfast she takes one of the cereals with apple sauce/formula/Breast milk/pureed pears/mashed banana. I rotate her cereals. Till now she has tried - rice cerelac, cow & gate rice cereal, heinz peach and banana rice cereal, 4 grain organix (Organic Four Grain Cereal | Organix Brands Ltd), 4 grain plums cereal (Baby's first food - Four grain super porridge - Our Cereals - Our Food - Plum Baby | Organic Baby Food and Organic Toddler Food).

For lunch and dinner - Its rice and moong dal khichri (with pinch of salt and haldi) and 1 or 2 vegetables - pressure cooked and coarsly pureed. For lunch I add 1/2 tsp yogurt if its not too cold. Or roasted sweet potato/avocado/spinach puree. The vegetables I add to the cooker are - lauki, turai, peas, carrots, broccoli, green beans.

Today we will try brown rice khichri.

I am planning to start cheese very soon. I also plan to introduce corn to her. Because she likes the taste in morning cereal. Might make a soup with broccoli for her

2. myangel

myangel Bronze IL'ite

Hi Poonam ,vishal and friends

Poonam thankz for ur receipies.....like our friend said Dalia is Wheat(rava)....we have broken wheat at home(we say payasam kothumai.....hopw i can make kichri and other receipies)

Then Poonam u have mentioned to give dates...what type of dats .....?
    am not giving Cows milk......can use FM(nan)to make kichri etc.
    my DH bought pigeon peristaltic nipple with bottle,she is taking little bit juice......she s having 2 small teeth(by birth)now it started growing....whenever i give bottle she keeps bitting.........daily am trying 2 give FM ..she refuses....can you tell some other brands.

friends u peole r doing great work
    thankz
    priya

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

then u better wait on dalia with milk... start that at 8 months, now u can give dalia with veggies cooked in pressure cooker like khichri.
    Pon i dont think dalia and rava are the same thing.rava=suji, the one we use to make kheer or kesari,no?
    dalia=broken wheat.