Solar & Lunar Eclipse & Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by kushi, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Solar Eclipse Feb. 07, 2008

Hi Friends.....

I just saw on Indian TV channel there is Solar Eclipse on Feb. 07, Which I confirmed after login on NASA -Eclipses During 2008.

Does anyone know what should pregnant women avoid during that eclipse?

Thank you

2. DudeWithAttitude

DudeWithAttitude New IL'ite

Re: Solar Eclipse Feb. 07, 2008

looks like this annular solar eclipse only applies to the southern hemisphere, in aus, nz and south pacific - you may want to check for more details in the link below

NASA - Eclipses During 2008

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Re: Solar Eclipse Feb. 07, 2008

Just take it easy and you'll do fine. The only scientific data available is to avoid flights during the first trimester if particularly solar flares are too huge during that phase otherwise rest are mostly superstitious. The magnetic and gravitational pull is more during eclipses but if they affected all pregnant women everytime they occured then we wouldn't have this many happy moms around... would we??? :) So don't worry just be your normal self and everything will be fine.

-L.

1 person likes this.
  4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Lunar Eclipse today

Hi,

Just got to know from my friends in office that there is Lunar Eclipse today from 6 pm to 10.30 pm in India. Just check for the exact timing in the newspaper or internet. Planning to leave home early.

Take care. For your information and precaution.

Regards,
    Lynette

5. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

Re: Eclipse???

Hi
    i am 10 weeks pregnant. Actually till 8 weeks I didn't take any prenatal vitamins becoz only at 8 weeks I went to first check up. After doctor prescribed, I am taking tablets. Actually what's my thinking(worrying) before pregnancy and during 3-4 weeks pregnancy folic acid is much important. Every pregnant women need to take at least 400mcg of folic acid during early pregnancy. Otherwise it leads to birth defects. But I don't know whether I had that much folic acid amount in my daily food during those days. I only had rice everyday, weekly twice spinach, toor dal etc, then sometimes egg, everyday tea, then dosa,idly,chappathi and side dish for that. That's it. Not even I took much vegetables those days. Is that food habit affects my folic acid requirements during my early pregnancy? Is that leads to any birth defects? Plz help by giving suggestions.

And one more thing if went outside in my 9 week pregnancy on oct 18 exactly the lunar eclipse time. I was directly exposed under sky during the whole lunar eclipse time (May be 30 mins)

So I coincide both things and worrying very much nowadays whether any risk to my baby. Next month at 12 weeks I'm going to have nuchal transluceny ultrasound . Is that ultrasound completely detects any defects or is any chances of defects missing I ultrasound? Plz give suggestions. Anyone have experience like mine?

i only pray to god to have a healthy baby.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013