Solah Somvar Vrat

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by cutepinkgirl, Feb 21, 2010.

1. cutepinkgirl

cutepinkgirl New IL'ite

<label id="query_text">I started 16 monday vrat.Completed 12 monday fasts without any problem.I need to do 4 more to complete this vrat. My question is i got periods 13 days before and continuing may last for 18 days. I would appreciate if any one of u pls advice how to perform this pooja during those lengthy period days. Do i need to stop pooja for whole 18days(3 mondays)? I am sorry for asking this question if this is not the right place to ask.</label> <input name="query" value="I started 16 monday vrat.Completed 12 monday fasts without any problem.I need to do 4 more to complete this vrat. My question is i got periods 13 days before and continuing may last for 18 days. I would appreciate if any one of u pls advice how to perform this pooja during those lengthy period days. Do i need to stop pooja for whole 18days(3 mondays)? I am sorry for asking this question if this is not the right place to ask." type="hidden">

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Any pooja should be stopped when you have your monthly cycle..(doesnt matter whether early or late). Do not perform any pooja if you still have the flow....only start pooja on the monday when you are totally clean and with no flow.

3. cutepinkgirl

cutepinkgirl New IL'ite

Thank you Srividya,

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. cutepinkgirl

cutepinkgirl New IL'ite

Can anyone tell the procedure to observe sri rama navami

5. ganaka

ganaka New IL'ite

Sri Ram Navami is a 9 days pooja.

This year in india it is starting from 16 march 2010 - 24 March 2010, it is also known as chitra navami for devi devotees.

simple Procedure followed for Ram navami:

First, Lord Vishnu is alankara priya ( loves to be decorated) with flowers and specially with tulasi leaves. According to ones capacity one should follow it.

On 16 march one should get up at brahmi muhrut( 4:30 - 6:00 am) and take an oil bath and do a sanakalp that according to your capacity you will underatke the navami pooja.

Many people fast for 9 days, i.e taking one meal a day preferably fruits or food of 'sativik' content.

Srimad Bhagvatam or vishnu puran is read for the whole 9 days - which is considered tremendously auspicious, some people who cannot read it chant vishnu sahasarnaman or Lakshmi narayana hrdayam with tulasi leaves.

Reading of bhagavatam is consisered as the best pooja. Due to heavy work schedule many people cannot follow it. No matter as work is worship, one can chant vishnu sahasranam with tulasi leaves.

If one chants vishnu sahasaranamam - it should be done as follows
    on day 1 it should be chanted thrice, day 2 four times, day 3 5 times, so on till the ninth day. Of course this is not mandatory, it soley depends on the individual capacity or time limit.

If one chants Lakshmi naryana hrydayam - to get the full benefits one 'must' follow this procedure:

The chant should go as follows - first Narayana hrdayam next lashmi hrdayam then Narayana hrdayam then again Narayana hrdayam next lashmi hrdayam then Narayana hrdayam. This is called as one complete hrdayam cycle.

Kunkum archana should be done to laskshmi hrydyam and turmeric should be used for naryana hrdayam.

If followed with bhakthi gives tremendeous benefits during any normal day, the benefits obtained by following the above on auspicious days like ram navami cannot be described.

*** THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - IF ONE CANNOT READ EITHER VISHNU SAHASARANAM OR LAKSHMI NARAYANA HRDAYAM CORRECTLY, THEY ARE ADVISED TO LISTEN TO AN AUDIO OR VIDEO VERSION - which today is easily found on you tube. If the pronunciation is wrong it confers negative benefits.*****

Many people conduct homas during this period, according to ones capacity.

The most important thing is as Lord Vishnu stated is a vishnu pooja is completed by performing a shiv pooja at the end of each day so according to one's capacity one must do it.

god bless.

6. cutepinkgirl

cutepinkgirl New IL'ite

Thank you ganaka.

Happy ugadi to all ,enjoy bhakshalu & pachhadi