Software Testing Career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by manjumnair, Oct 3, 2007.

1. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Hi Smitha,
    This is Nithya.I need a help from you.I want to attend ISTQB exam.Can u plz give me the details .Like how much dollars i've to pay to take online exam.I completed my testing course one year back in b'lore and six months back(i.e, in may) we moved to USA.And also do u have any ideas about consultany's in US.Now i'am in Walnut Creek,California.
    Regards,
    Nithya.

2. smith21181

smith21181 Senior IL'ite

Hi Nitya,

For the info regarding ASTQB Exam U can visit ASTQB - ISTQB Software Testing Certification . And exam fee is 250 $ & there is no need to have prior work experience..Regarding the consultants I dont have any idea which one is reliable...I am also looking for H1 sponsorship consultant ...but till today I didnt find any reliable consultant.

thanks,
    smitha

3. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Hi Smitha,
    Have u completed yr exam.Do u hav any experience in automation testing like QTP.I know Qtp little bit.First i can take test in manual testing right? And i've to select beginner's level only right? Plz tell me.
    Regards,
    Nithya.

4. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Hi vasumathy,
    This is Nithya.Five months back we came here and in May i completed my software testing course.I learnt both manual and automation testing.Now what my question is whether i've to put any fake experiance or not.Now i got my EAD also and i want to search for job.And also i'm preparing to take ISTQB exam.Plz clear my doubts.
    Regards,
    Nithya.

5. VasumathyBalaji

VasumathyBalaji Senior IL'ite

Hi nithya

good to see ur maiil! you completed ur course in india or US. If in US u can ask ur facilitator to give some job assistance. Regarding the fake experieince is up to you, because if the employer came to know that ur resume is fake they will immediately fire you. Try ur level best def u will get the job, as Software tester.

BTW, ISTQB - as i written that in india - chennai, a canditate can write it in any of the prometric centre (Amithy soft technologies - T.Nagar).

Is any there questions u need please feel free to ask. I can guide u up to my level best.

ALL THE BEST NITHYA!!!:thumbsup

6. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,
    Thanks for ur quick response.I completed my course in India.Coming to the experiance,i don't want to put any fake experiance but some of my friends telling that if i want job means i've to put fake of abt 2-3 yrs.Is that true?Don't they hire freshers?Plz clear my doubts.
    regards,
    Nithya.

7. mekalaraj

mekalaraj New IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,

First of all i like to thank you for providing more fruitful information about the testing field and sharing your expereince with us.

Im a Non-IT post graduate who would like to learn some courses in testing field. Currently im residing at USA.

To start for begineers is there any course material available so that we can understand the concept very well, becoz some institution are money oriented.Spending money is not a big deal provided we have to gain some knowledge.

Please give your suggestion of doing some testing online course from USA for beginners.

And also i have a question : Do i find a job oppurtunity if i did my testing course in some reputed universities of USA?
    If u Know pls tell me some good universities located in and around Boston,USA.

Guide me in this aspect.

Thanks and Regards
    Mekala:)

8. VasumathyBalaji

VasumathyBalaji Senior IL'ite

Hi nithya / mekala

Here with i attached the software testing certification link which is free.

Probably after preparing for any paid certification write this exam and score yourself.

Software Testing Certification

First register yourself…. Ticket will generate to your given mail ids after that attend the exam… All the best

9. mekalaraj

mekalaraj New IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,

Thanks for your information.:)

I think this link would be useful for completing the certification exam, could you please tell me ,will i be able to get any material to pass this exam.

As i dnt have any knowledge about this testing program please guide me in this aspect.

Thanks and regards
    Mekala.

10. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Me too an non IT graduate and looking to start my career in software testing.
    Where do I begin?
    How do look for classes and I prefer online classes...

Pls guide me though..I know u r all talking abt the certification programs..but pls do advise for a beginner like me...