Software Testing Career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by manjumnair, Oct 3, 2007.

1. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

Hi sunj

What abt the job opportunities in US for testing?

samhi

2. sunj

sunj New IL'ite

Hi Samhi,

The current market in US is dull for all kind of IT jobs. Hopefully should improve....I would advise you to check with some consultancies in US.

Regards
    Sunitha

3. Rajis

Rajis New IL'ite

This thread is really interesting!
    I'm 26yr old female,living in Germany.I hold a non IT degree and am planning to do a course in Software Testing from Bangalore.Since I'm from a non IT background,i want to do a Diploma course in Software Testing.I've found that SQTL on Magrath Road,Bangalore offers a Diploma course in Software Testing.

Does anyone have any sort of experience with SQTL,Bangalore?How good the instituition is?Would it be a wise decision to join with SQTL?Does that really helps me to make a successfull career in Software Testing?

Please help me!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi all,

can anyone suggest me name of some testing certification which doesn't require any work experience. I tried to check on the website and most of the certifications require work experience.. can anyone throw some detail light.......

5. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Hi padmatvt,

ISTQB foundation level certification requires no experience...check this thread which i posted sometime back.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/e...22164-please-share-tips-istqb-foundation.html

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

6. smith21181

smith21181 Senior IL'ite

Hi ManuuRaghuu,

Did u finish ur exam? I am also preparing for the exam , could you plz forward me the sample question papers of ASTQB exam if you have it . It will be helpful for me.

thanks,
    smitha

7. tempy72

tempy72 Senior IL'ite

even though i am cse franlky i ahve no software skills justthery part i mug up and write.so i am so scared plz suggest me will testing be useful for me.how to start for it.wat r basic knowledge i should know.help.....

8. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Hi Smitha,

I haven't taken the exam...all the best for yours...am not sure whether the original exam papers are available online but may be you can buy the following papers

Amazon.com: Sample Exam Questions: ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level: PhD, CTFL John A. Estrella, BSc, CTFL Maria C. Estrella: Books

Regards,
    ManuuRaghuu

9. gunjanchhikara

gunjanchhikara New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Ihave 1 year exp in manual testing but finding very difficult to find a job in London.
    Can someone help please?Is someone working in this field and knows about any vacency.
    Il be grateful if someone can help.
    cheers!

10. Dindu

Dindu New IL'ite

Dear All,

I am working as Test Manager (9yrs exp) for an esteemed MNC. I would like to suggest few points in beginning your career in Testing.

Basically, Testing is not an easy. Its an domain based, system understanding, creativity filled, break in attitude with an quality conscious in mind and decision based job. The Tester is specifically expected to know the Product (domain, software design, testing skills, system knowledge, standards, common sense, creativity, critical thinking attitude).

I would recommed you to take up certification in testing where u will be taught the structured approach in testing.

The Study materials are excellent and worth reading. Go for it..and u can surely make a difference.

Good luck,
    Dindu

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008