Software For Budget

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mangaii, Feb 29, 2020.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

@Rihana see my update on #57. If I cut down my expense(s) I really don't think I need mint. So after reading the terms and conditions kind of ducked out since it specifically said the information will be shared with third party. I read that couple of times to make sure it is what it is . You are correct the tools in the cc website are pretty good. I never knew about all the things. The cool thing is you can customize the labels. I think I learned more this week about finance than my entire life.

shravs3, kkrish and Rihana like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Vaikuntha, mangaii and shravs3 like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @mangaii

While you are shopping for the right credit card that pays cash back, here are three more ways to save in small doses without feeling the pinch.
    1. Pay yourself first - Set up an automatic transfer of a set amount of money to a savings/sinking/Christmas fund/emergency fund account every month or every two weeks or whatever interval options you like. This way you will not miss the money also.
    2. Save Five - Every time you have to pay cash and happen to receive a $5 bill put it in a canister and forget about it. Every three/six/12 months take that money and do what you want with it - put in a bank or spend. (this is similar to how our mothers saved money in the asafoetida boxes :))
    3. Coins - Collect all loose change every night in a canister. When the canister gets full, take it to the bank. If your bank has a coins-to-cash kiosk the better. Put in the coins, get a receipt. If not, wrap the coins into rolls and deposit them in your savings/sinking/Christmas fund/emergency fund account.​

These are just suggestions. You may already be doing these. Disregard if this is too much unwanted advice :)

mangaii and shravs3 like this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

6. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Yes all the miles will expire, but you can keep them active by many ways e.g American Airlines has Advantage Dining Home | American Airlines , you can register for free and add any credit card to the website and when you dine in one of their member restaurants you will earn American Airlines points, another way is registering through AADvantage Shopping American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping: Shop Online & Earn Miles and buying through their site will earn miles.

kkrish, mangaii and shravs3 like this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Have lot of coins, need to go and deposit
    :blush:

kkrish and mangaii like this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

+1

mangaii likes this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes. Top up with term life policies for both of you. Full life policies are marketed as investment vehicles but if you look at the 10 year roi on any of your retirement funds and compare it with predicted roi for full life policies you will realize it’s not a great growth vehicle. But the cheapest term life policy you get for your age and invest the rest of the money in better managed funds. At least that’s my personal take on it. Financial planners opinions may vary.

kkrish, SunPa and mangaii like this.