Software Engineers-advise Plz!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vaishnavilakshmi, Oct 24, 2007.

1. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I did my mca in india and came here and stuck here on h4 for past 4yrs.Now that i have my EAD ,can anyone suggest me how to go about looking for job here???Started posting resumes in good companies,but scared to leave/submit resumes with personal details in consultancies,contract to hire firms etc.

Can anyone discuss the sources of finding jobs here?Like good contractors,consultancies etc.which job search sites are good.I have been trying in dice.com,monster.com,yahoohotjobs etc.Any good jobsearch sites and suggestions please???

thanks,
    vaishnavi

2. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Vaishnavi,

Another good job search site is indeed.com. It's more like a search engine that pulls jobs from all major job search websites. There are some cool features that allows you to look up company review by previous/current employees etc.

Hope this helps! I don't know much about H4 so I will leave that for someone else to answer.

Vib

3. vaishnavilakshmi

Hi vib,

Thanq so much for recommending me ths website.yes,as u mentioned,Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed is good search engine which gets good collection of jobs.

Let me try thru this search engine too!,
    thanks,
    vaishnavi

4. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaishnavi,

I would recommend going thro consultancies since this is your first position. You can ask your friends whoever working nearby to do referral for you in their consultancies. Instead of just submitting to some unknown companies this would be much better way. Networking is always good while searching for jobs.

Once you join some company and get some experience , you can search for permanent positions directly.

Good luck!

:)

5. vaishnavilakshmi

Hi Selvi,
    Thanx for ur response.Yeah that is a good way to start the carrier here in USA after long gap of almost 4yrs.

By the way can anyone discuss some names of good consultancies and also can u share ur good and bad experiences with the Consultancies here??I only know a name of ACE technologies,through which my friend got into job.Can u share reviews on this consultancy too!

thanks,
    vaishnavi